• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 is the most fun I've had with a game since...

Finish the sentence...

I've played and owned just about every good game there is on Xbox and in terms of sheer mindless fun, this is the most fun I've had with an open world game since prob Sunset Overdrive. I like Assassin's Creed Odd, Red dead, Just Cause 4 to name a few, but after a long day, Crackdown 3 provides me the most chaotic mindless fun that allows me to let loose and enjoy my gaming time and not have to manage various systems, solve puzzles, and play boring quests that involve traveling long unexciting roads.

Crackdown 3 is just pure fun, don't go into this game wanting complex inventory management, looting, or any the other crap that plagues most open-world games these days. Sometimes it just feels good to turn a video game on that encourages you to blow shit up. It's good to have a balance of games that make you think, and ones that make you react. Both game types have their place, and we haven't had a game that is just pure mindless fun in a long time, and one this well made to boot.

On a side note, do not judge this game until you are at least level 4 to 5 upgrades on all your stats. That's where the real fun begins and you start really feeling like a badass super soldier. And don't complain about the graphics if you're playing on a regular Xbox, because they are quite good on the 1X with the right set up.

2ECOkbI.jpg

7uHNmRR.jpg

HO6VicS.jpg

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yeah 100% agreed this game is SO much fun when you get more powerfull.
Like doom 2016.
Metroidvania games when you have almost all the upgrades.
It is one big powertrip and i loved it!

Wish we had more games like this. I am downloading crackdown 1 in 4k cause i want more crackdown after finishing crackdown 3 !

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Shytes!! Another Crackdown thread???? This game is on a lot of people's minds.

Yeah, probably Sunset Overdrive. Great action, great controls, great visuals, amazing sound design (this doesnt get mentioned enough for this game) and what you'd expect from a Crackdown sequel. Fucking Microsoft best not throw in the towel on this IP. Clearly its a lot better than some want to admit, or else people would shut up about it.

Nothing against you OP. Just seeing the trend since Crackdown 3 released.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Do we really need another Crackdown troll thread :rolleyes:

Why do you assume the OP is trolling? His thoughts on the game sound a lot like mine - it's the most fun I've had playing a video game in a long time.

What's up with all the Crackdown 3 threads? Obviously people are having fun with the game and want to talk about it, in addition to it being a huge part of a new digital gaming marketing push with Game Pass. Imagine how many threads will get made when The Last of Us 2 finally gets released...

Pretty much every game in this generation plays like last generation, though. There hasn't been a whole lot of evolution this generation, tbh.

You can say the same about every other generation of consoles in some way. However, there has been games this generation that could never be achieved last generation like RDR2.

Banned
You can say the same about every other generation of consoles in some way. However, there has been games this generation that could never be achieved last generation like RDR2.
you mean it was not possible to make an open world game with extremely linear and unimaginative missiondesignes and absolutely awful controls and basic gameplay systems on last gen consoles?
well, then I want those systems back please! :)

LMJ

Thank you, this is what Crackdown is just Mindless Crazy Action...

if you're not bouncing around rooftops collecting agility orbs before a bullet bounces off the side of your stall getting your attention

Leaping into the air and firing your gun at a distant sniper Landing with a super smash sending enemies everywhere before punching that jerk with the toxic weapon

Hucking a grenade into another group of enemies, picking up their ride and smashing the newest group trying to stop you

Then hopping in your spider car and driving up the side of the building when you're done because you saw a driving marker out of the corner of your eye...

then you're doing it wrong LOL

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Since I played Saints Row IV!!!!

Seriously, the game is a lot of fun.

Don't spend $60 on it though.

Get gamepass or wait until it's $15 or $10 or it's a game with gold type thing.

The destruction in MP is impressive, but the MP itself is hot shit.

I'm level 5 in everything except for driving :D

Last edited:

Hotspurr

Banned
Had a lot more fun with it than Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

I am playing through it now. The pacing is bad. Everything else is great. I loved rise of the tomb raider. Shadow feels like the developers tried to be uncharted 4 or something...like...no you fools! I know it's a different studio.

you mean it was not possible to make an open world game with extremely linear and unimaginative missiondesignes and absolutely awful controls and basic gameplay systems on last gen consoles?

No offense, but that's a trash opinion to have about RDR2. Be grateful that we're on a forum that tolerates trash opinions.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
OP, if you enjoyed Crackdown 3 then thats all that matters. I highly enjoyed original NieR even tho it got bunch of poor reviews and in GAF people just love trash on KH3 but I personally love the crap out of the game. Enjoy what you want, you should never let other people tell what you should or shouldn't like.

LMJ

Stop With All The Crackdown 3 Threads. It's Getting Old Now. Stop Being A Shill
1n0c3o.jpg

Shill...Excuse moi'?

Excluding the comparison X vs One, review and OT thread, almost every CD thread sans I think three have been extremely negative and a few straight troll ones as well.

If I may ask, what is it about people having fun with this game that seems to rub so many of you the wrong way?

betrayal

Banned
I understand the OP and that's why i gave Crackdown 3 a chance. But unfortunatelyit just wasn't fun for me. I had some games in the past, that were mediocre according to reviews and other people, which i far more enjoyed than some 90+ or GOTY.

It's loooooooads of fun :D

It won't be for everyone no, but if you like your videogames to well, feel very videogamey then you will love it (assuming you also like Crackdown in the first place).

ReBurn

Gold Member
RDR2 is pretty, but it's not really that different from the first one. They added the tedium of crafting and having to eat regularly to maintain your health. But they copied that from Minecraft, and it real was a drag on the game's pace in my opinion.

About the only thing we have this generation that we didn't have much of last generation are these online battle royale games like Fortnite and PUBG and a dabbling of VR on the PS4. Microsoft should have added a battle royale mode to the wrecking zone. That could have been a hit if they kept he destruction in place.

Crackdown 3 is fanservice, plain and simple. I think it does a decent job of that. It should have released at a lower price point, though.

HeadsUp7Up

This game is definitely right up my alley, it’s similar to Saints Row 3 and 4 just from looking at it. I’ll be diving into this once I’m done with Mad Max. I agree with OP, sometimes you just want a fun arcadey experience. I get tired of the tedious inventory management and focus on approximating real life.

Sygma

Since I played Crackdown 1 ! which was one of the highlights of my gamer's life. Seriously the lockdowns are fucking crazy and the boss fights / areas are legit. Did Nquist yesterday and was utterly baffled at the amount of reflections going on at the same time + super high amount of enemies and explosions every two seconds while the frame rate remained top notch in the whole thing

The moment I get a proper HDR set this will be the first game I'll replay for sure, it has to be excellent

Last edited:

Ramzy

I have never really cared for shill accusations but I’m really starting to think that GAF has been infiltrated by Microsoft agents tasked with keeping CD3 relevant and in the forum lexicon. Just let this shit game die and disappear into obscurity pls.

Gavon West

I have never really cared for shill accusations but I’m really starting to think that GAF has been infiltrated by Microsoft agents tasked with keeping CD3 relevant and in the forum lexicon. Just let this shit game die and disappear into obscurity pls.
Is this shit troll nonsense really necessary? FFS! You dont like it, move on to a thread thats more up your alley instead bullshit like this. Its really simple. You look absolutely ridiculous coming into a thread you chose to come into about a game you have no interest in. Move on.

Ramzy

Is this shit troll nonsense really necessary? FFS! You dont like it, move on to a thread thats more up your alley instead bullshit like this. Its really simple. You look absolutely ridiculous coming into a thread you chose to come into about a game you have no interest in. Move on.

Front page is dominated by threads about CD3 and they aren’t slowing down. Maybe it’s to be expected — the type of people who enjoy CD3 have 15 second attention spans and seem to be incapable of starting up a singular OT so that all CD3 content can be kept in a single thread I can ignore.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Front page is dominated by threads about CD3 and they aren’t slowing down. Maybe it’s to be expected — the type of people who enjoy CD3 have 15 second attention spans and seem to be incapable of starting up a singular OT so that all CD3 content can be kept in a single thread I can ignore.
if i want a good story i will read a book. Try that for a change.

Roberts

Maybe it is because I spent a whole month playing Divinity 2 with its long and slow tactical turn-based battles, but Crackdown 3 really pushed all the right buttons for me. Weirdly enough, I could never really get into first Crackdown, Saint's Row games and Sunset Overdrive, but the visual clarity, Terry Crews and overall simplicity of your objectives in this game immediately pulled me in (I'm approx. 70% done with it and not even remotely bored so far). It has a very simple but brilliant skill leveling system and the game reaches its full potential when you get good at everything - the fights get insane and super fun. There have been better (I don't think anyone would try and defend weak driving), more memorable, complex games lately, but almost none of them made smile so much while playing it.

HeadsUp7Up

I don’t get the shill stuff. Isn’t it typical for a new game to have interest as soon as it comes out and then it kind of dies down after the initial rush is over? Everything doesn’t always have to be a conspiracy, sometimes it is what it is.

It's called RDR1. It was on Xbox 360. It was still boring back then.

Oh, and GAF, just because people like something you don't... it doesn't make it shilling. I agree they could keep these topics to one of those main game threads, though.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned

They're all made by the same guy, who loves the game so much he cannot stop posting about it instead of actually playing it. Just put the guy on ignore list, the forum looks like before CD3 release again.

Gavon West

Makes no difference how many threads there are. You're still clicking on the link to enter, genius! Own it! Jesus!

Next you'll be telling us the Devil made you do it. You dont care for the game, stay out of the thread. Simple.
No need to shit stick those who disagree with you. I too agree Crackdown threads should be merged though. Still no excuse troll.

Last edited:

Joho79

I wonder why some people get so worked up by the fact that other people enjoy this game. Ffs its creepy.

Please leave threads like these for people who enjoy the game and maybe start a hate thread where you can go all in and pat your backs while you come up with the smartest ways to downplay CD3.

On topic,
I’m playing this, mutant and shadow of the tomb raider atm. Although this takes up most of my time atm.

Vawn

Banned
There's no way people would be shilling for and trolling this 58 metacritic game if it wasn't platform exclusive.

This is worse than the original Knack. At least then, it was sarcastic and funny.

Last edited:

Journey

Banned

Lol, sounds like he's just parroting Jimquisition

Top Bottom