• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 releasing Holiday 2017, 4K on Scorpio

Really looking forward to this game. I skipped the second one, but I absolutely loved the first one. I just hope the PC port will be quality. Also expecting cross-platform play too.

IMO i think Scalebound should come out at the holidays. Give it the main console bundle for the holidays and that's a guarantee 2m+ people that will have the game and will be talking about it which should help its sales through word of mouth. Otherwise that games gonna bomb harder than Recore, and all 10 people that bought the game isn't gonna do much for word of mouth even if the game is absolutely amazing.

No... no it shouldn't. Scalebound should come out during the Summer... maybe late Spring (Late April or May), but it shouldn't release any later than August. This kind of game needs some space to not be drowned out by the bigger releases.

Outrun

How was it a cluster? I'm sure the cloud will be part of the game as it is with others.

What are you not clear about?

Some people want to harp on about the cloud, as if it is still 2013.

Some people want to pretend that Halo Wars 2 and Sea of Thieves are not coming, and that MS lacks diversity in their line up.

I think that between Crackdown 3 and Forza 7, the Scorpio is going to be showcased well.

Chris1

No... no it shouldn't. Scalebound should come out during the Summer... maybe late Spring (Late April or May), but it shouldn't release any later than August. This kind of game needs some space to not be drowned out by the bigger releases.
I mean the games gonna bomb no matter when it comes out. It could come out in May and it'll still flop hard. At least if it comes out in the holiday it can be mass bundled with every console sold = 2m+ copies in peoples hands, releasing in may it will never, ever reach that. It'd be lucky to even reach a quarter of that.

It doesn't matter how good it is.. it could be a 100 on metacritic and still virtually nobody will buy the game on xbox.

I mean the games gonna bomb no matter when it comes out. It could come out in May and it'll still flop hard. At least if it comes out in the holiday it can be mass bundled with every console sold = 2m+ copies in peoples hands, releasing in may it will never, ever reach that. It'd be lucky to even reach a quarter of that.

It doesn't matter how good it is.. it could be a 100 on metacritic and still virtually nobody will buy the game on xbox.

It can easily end up doing much worse in the holidays. And unless these bundles are going to be by far the cheapest during the holidays, I doubt that will help much either. The bundle sure isn't going to do 2 million. That's for sure.

I think they are better served to just release it during the summer and promote the hell out of it. And they can still do the bundles as well. If it means only 100k-200k more sales, I consider that a good thing.

It may flop regardless, but it will flop harder during the holidays.

Roboculus

Q2 2017- Phantom Dust HD/ Voodoo Vince HD

Q4 2017- Sea of Thieves (maybe a closed beta Q3)

Q4 2017- Scorpio
Scorpio launch- Scalebound
Scorpio launch- Crackdown 3
Scorpio launch- Turn10 Project
Scorpio launch- State of Decay 2

As for Crackdown 3 and the rest of MS's first party offerings, I actually think they should hold as many games as they can until Scorpio's launch. Give consumers a bunch of great reasons to invest in that hardware on day one.

I agree with both of these.

Microsoft usually releases most of their big games in that Sep - Nov period anyways so it's not like it would have been much of a delay.

I think MS could, and probably should, treat the Scorpio launch a little more like a regular console launch to give it some more oomph. Launch games usually have the benefit of improved sales and although this wouldn't exactly be the same since Scorpio plays the same games as the regular Xbox One, I still think making them Scorpio launch games could help give them more attention. It also could help make the Scorpio launch feel a little more exciting.

I mean, in concept, both the Scorpio and the PS4 Pro are pretty much the same thing. So if they wanted to, they could release it in a similar way. However, I think MS would definitely benefit by holding some games til the launch and making it feel a little more special.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I would take 1080p 60fps over 4K. I hope they give us the option.

Also, this isn't an official PR statement. I would not hold the developers accountable if things change between now and release.

Aside from the destruction physics, the game looked really rough to me during last year's showing. My expectations are pretty low at this point, and this is coming from a huge fan of the first, but as long as it's better than the second one I'm pretty certain it gets a purchase from me.

And even if it does end up being an explosion simulation, maybe we'll have another Red Faction: Guerrilla on our hands, which would be just fine.

I am very interested to see what they do with multiplayer though.

Top Bottom