• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 - Review Thread

Is it an 8 or a 9 critically...? Not by the way that reviewers seem to be playing it, but I am having an 8 or 9’s worth of fun in it! People on both sides wanted to hear the reviews to push agendas and flame the wars...it’s too bad that an actual fun game is getting lost in the shuffle. If it didn’t have a stigma attached and was an ID@Xbox release, it would probably be grabbing 9’s.
Crackdown 3 could have been called The Legend of Zelda: New Hyrule Rises, a highly anticipated Switch exclusive starring Buff Link, and all else being the same it would have still scored sevens or less, my dude

Codes 208

I’ve killed half of the leaders and...I just don’t feel it. This feels exactly like crackdown 1 in the worst ways, more specifically several months ago I replayed the original via BC. And play through this, there’s no real evolution of gameplay, the story sucks and it’s just another orb collectathon. And it feels as clunky as ever, bonking my head or leaping to no avail because the thing that looked like a ledge isn’t a ledge or falling from the tower because I walked off after making a jump because the controls are inconsistency sensitive at times is just maddening.

Damn it. I really wanted to enjoy this but there other similar games that play like this but feel better. Sunset over drive looks better. Saints Row 4 feels better. Prototype played better. Hell, I had more fun with crackdown 2 and that was a literal shameless rip of the first game, but this one just doesn’t feel any better. Just a stagnent reminder that there was a game in 2007 that I used to love. If this was a launch title with the current concept then I wouldn’t be so mad, I wanted to replay crackdown 1 years ago, but now it’s just feels very late.
If this wasn’t a freebie, I would be so pissed right now.

demigod

I’ve killed half of the leaders and...I just don’t feel it. This feels exactly like crackdown 1 in the worst ways, more specifically several months ago I replayed the original via BC. And play through this, there’s no real evolution of gameplay, the story sucks and it’s just another orb collectathon. And it feels as clunky as ever, bonking my head or leaping to no avail because the thing that looked like a ledge isn’t a ledge or falling from the tower because I walked off after making a jump because the controls are inconsistency sensitive at times is just maddening.

Damn it. I really wanted to enjoy this but there other similar games that play like this but feel better. Sunset over drive looks better. Saints Row 4 feels better. Prototype played better. Hell, I had more fun with crackdown 2 and that was a literal shameless rip of the first game, but this one just doesn’t feel any better. Just a stagnent reminder that there was a game in 2007 that I used to love. If this was a launch title with the current concept then I wouldn’t be so mad, I wanted to replay crackdown 1 years ago, but now it’s just feels very late.
If this wasn’t a freebie, I would be so pissed right now.

Lrn2play Jim.

Now explain the 8.7 metacritic user score for Spiderman PS4. Or the 9.1 user score for God of War.

Go ahead. I will wait.
That won’t fit his agenda against the CD3 low score conspiracy.
I won't be surprised if they blame Sony for the low reviews like paying to burn the game. lol
Is there something I'm supposed to say to this lol? Go pat yourselves on the back now. You got me...

Can we not agree that a review score of a zero or a one out of ten is ridiculous and should be tossed out, barring the game just being completely unplayable? That was my only point. You can look on the metacritic site yourselves and see that over 50% of the user reviews for Crackdown 3 are completely obnoxious (no conspiracy theory needed. Spiderman 4 also has a lot of troll/trash reviews too. The difference, though, is that Spiderman 4 also has over 3000 reviews to balance the overall score. Crackdown 3 has less than 500. My point was that most of the negative user reviews for Crackdown 3 were troll reviews and shouldn't be taken seriously. Is that not something we can agree on or are you guys wanting to continue pursuing pointless arguments?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
To be fair the gameplay isn't great either. Repetitive auto lock-on shooting, bad AI, horrible driving, etc. The only thing they nailed was the traversal. It's mindless open world fun for a few hours at a time, but as soon as it is over you forgot what you were doing or why.
Really? Hmm it reminds me of mario 64.
Platforming is a blast. And the push to keep killing in mass battles. Reminds me of doom. Driving is ass true that. I dont even see the point 🤣

Codes 208

Lrn2play Jim.
“Learning to play” doesn’t make a shit controls system from 2007 any better or modern.

This isn’t a git gud game. This is a clunky controls + shoddy camera on top of a 12 year old formula type of mediocre. But if people want to continue wearing their tinfoil hats about a conspiracy that this is only considered mediocre (which it is) only because it’s an Xbox exclusive, then whatever.

Last edited:

chemicals

Crackdown has always been silly arcade fun. I really like this game. I'm still addicted to collecting orbs.. Crackdown 1, Saints Row 4, and now Crackdown 3.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
I wasn't going to play this game yet but I was able to get a gamepass trial and I've been playing Crackdown 3 all weekend. Solo campaign only for now.

I'm having a blast! It is so much fun. Reviews are way too harsh. And it looks good on my X 😁

thelastword

Banned
I mean when you have XBOX Tavern, Somos XBOX, True Achievements, MondoXBOX, Generacion XBOX, Windows Central, XBOX Addict, XBOX Achievements etc.....All giving it less the glowing scores, then you know something is up......

It'd be nice if this review thread was actually updated ever. OP had literally 2 reviews to start the thread - no comments added, then added one more post to the thread and literally disappeared. If you start a review thread update the dang OP with the relevant reviews... he should of done the Anthem review thread, where he spends all his time. He has never once posted about crackdown 3 and then randomly starts a review thread. lol. I keep checking the OP thinking maybe the review scores will be listed this time but no...

Last edited:
Top Bottom