• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown 3 VGA Trailer

louis89

I don't even know who Terry Crews is; why is he the centre of all promotion of this game and why are they still not properly showing off the game when it has so much to prove and is coming out in 3 months?

-MD-

I don't even know who Terry Crews is; why is he the centre of all promotion of this game and why are they still not properly showing off the game when it has so much to prove and is coming out in 3 months?

Because he's a popular, likable actor and the game looks like shit so they're banking on comedic commercials to sell it.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
They've shown us plenty of gameplay in the past year and Terry is a national US treasure. I suspect they tapped him specifically for this spot. Seeing as you spelt center as centre, I'll forgive you for not knowing how much a lot of us here in the US love Terry.

So you're kind of like me. You don't care who Terry is and I don't care and never paid attention to Dr. Who. That is if I'm guessing your approximate location correctly. I suppose you could be Canadian. The last chatter I saw is that it's a woman this time round.

Last edited:

louis89

They've shown us plenty of gameplay in the past year and Terry is a national US treasure. I suspect they tapped him specifically for this spot. Seeing as you spelt center as centre, I'll forgive you for not knowing how much a lot of us here in the US love Terry.

So you're kind of like me. You don't care who Terry is and I don't care and never paid attention to Dr. Who. That is if I'm guessing your approximate location correctly. I suppose you could be Canadian. The last chatter I saw is that it's a woman this time round.

Of the new build? They really haven't. They haven't shown single player since E3, where they had one trailer and no gameplay. Gameplay on one multiplayer map with zero details was shown at X018.

I'm British and I don't care at all about Doctor Who either. It's just weird to me that a British developer is promoting their game with someone who is only famous in one country, albeit the largest gaming market. Literally never heard of him outside of Crackdown 3 marketing. Would have been better to use one of the Black Panther actors, if that had been out when they started marketing it.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
Of the new build? They really haven't. They haven't shown single player since E3, where they had one trailer and no gameplay. Gameplay on one multiplayer map with zero details was shown at X018.

I'm British and I don't care at all about Doctor Who either. It's just weird to me that a British developer is promoting their game with someone who is only famous in one country, albeit the largest gaming market. Literally never heard of him outside of Crackdown 3 marketing. Would have been better to use one of the Black Panther actors, if that had been out when they started marketing it.
But I'm guessing you know who the new Dr. Who is. Or maybe you don't. Which is fine. A lot of people here in the US know who Terry is and there's a lot who don't. But I didn't come in the middle of the night my time and shit on the new Dr. Who reveal asking who cares about it :p

As for the builds, I saw a lot of improvements the last time I saw Crackdown. I'm hopeful, but I'm not going to lose my mind if it's bad. Hell, the game has been delayed for what I think is years now. MS must see something in it otherwise they would have cancelled it like another promising title like Scalebound. Considering Crackdown 2, I'm not holding out hope. At the same time, I subscribe to Gamepass so I'm not putting all my money into it. There may or may not be other titles added that month that will soften the blow. Kind of like what happened with me and Sea of Thieves. I spent a couple days with that and then discovered Toy Soldiers and Toy Soldiers: Cold War. Then after that Fallout 4 appeared.

Top Bottom