• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown for Xbox One (Cloudgine, original director, UE4)

That is a damn sexy boxart. Damn sexy.

It also makes Crackdown 3 a lot more real. It's really happening. I feel I need to pinch myself every so often to make sure I'm not dreaming.

klodeckel

Banned
The known artwork as a wallpaper:

crackdown-2_1294634822.jpg

Higher resolutions:
http://www.vgwallpaper.com/video-games/6074/crackdown-2

... aaaaand I got a new background :)

Microsoft has confirmed. "Crackdown was on of the first drop-in, drop-out co-op games, but we're going more towards 'there's just the game,'" the publisher's creative director Ken Lobb told OXM at E3. "You're playing the game, it's single, it's co-op, it's a mash-up," he continued. "Choose at will in the game, instead of hiding behind menus and loads and lobbies. Just make the gameplay as if it's one big thing."

http://www.totalxbox.com/79336/crackdown-xbox-one-will-be-a-mash-up-of-co-op-and-single-player/

Not a great deal of news or information, still, it is Crackdown!

Kampfheld

Banned
Guys, I could need a little help over here :)

If you have to describe your Crackdown experience in one single word - what would that be?

Thanks in advance agents and have a great weekend!

jem0208

If you have to describe your Crackdown experience in one single word - what would that be?

Chaos. Glorious, unadulterated chaos.

Also really big jumps, and running faster than cars. Also explosions, throwing things really far. These aren't single words...

Leflus

Collectathon.

(I mean that in a good way btw. Orb collecting was insanely addictive.)

Edit: Maybe a better word would be "Orbhunting".

Frog-fu

Banned

I don't think one word is going to cut it. The game was a lot of fun at the start but lacking in content. If it had an actual story, some memorable characters, mission structure, a better co-op and MP mode, this game would've been much better.

Frog-fu

Banned
I am a fan of Crackdown, bought and played both games, but I'm not gonna lie, aside from its fun gameplay mechanics, it really was boring, disappointing and a bit soulless, so I agree with those posters.

jesu

Just curious, why bother going into a Crackdown thread if you have no interest in it?

I'm hoping it will be better than the first 2.
I only own an Xbox One, if MS are pumping money into an exclusive I would prefer it was something I enjoyed.

Nokterian

The word Cloudgine scares me. It's basically another word for "Always online".

That's why i am not bothered to get this. I really liked Crackdown played a lot of it on my 360 but seeing that Just Cause 3 is coming well that is having my full attention.

Ape

Banned
It hurt the people who tried to play it over christmas though.

That's the thing, people weren't deterred from buying it. When I had Destiny I wanted to do a run by myself and it would have been fine for me to be offline. We might be seeing more games as one offs being online only this gen and be at the mercy of servers.

Leflus

The word Cloudgine scares me. It's basically another word for "Always online".
Same. This is what I fear the most about Crackdown 3.

Co-op is a great mp mode, but there should be something for those who have unstable connections and/or want to play alone as well.

Ape

Banned
Not on X1 it didn't.
XBL was only down for a few hours.

I think he's speaking more to the potential of a server interruption. There's no way of telling whether it will or wont happen, obviously. Most likely you will be able to log in and play your games without a problem but if there is an issue with XBL or PSN games that require a constant internet connection might not be available due to that restriction. (Again, we don't know if Crackdown will even be always online just speculating)

Leyasu

Banned
Can't wait for crackdown 3. I had lots of fun with the other games. The 4 player co-op on 2 was the bollox.

Four of us wing-suiting around, driving around, all in helicopters or just blowing shit didn't get old!

Kezen

Banned
Just curious, why bother going into a Crackdown thread if you have no interest in it?

He asked an honest question, I gave him an honest answer. I played the game on my 360 years ago and it didn't go down down as my favourite game ever, far from it.
What's wrong with expression an opinion ?

stuminus3

I got all excited thinking a new Crackdown had just been announced then I remembered that it was announced months ago and I forgot about it now I don't know how to reconcile my brain.

jem0208

He asked an honest question, I gave him an honest answer. I played the game on my 360 years ago and it didn't go down down as my favourite game ever, far from it.

There's nothing wrong with it. I was also just asking an honest question.

He probably thinks it's odd that people who don't like the series would be in this thread.

Pretty much. There's nothing particularly wrong with what you posted, I was just wondering why you would bother...

He probably thinks it's odd that people who don't like the series would be in this thread.

Flappy

Banned
With the developers now being given more CPU power on the XBO (According to Digital Foundry). Maybe they no longer need the cloud for the destruction system.

It's wishful thinking from me. But it would be interesting to see if the recent change will have an effect on games that were in development before it happened.

iMax

That was a cruel, cruel bump.

As far as one word goes, there's only one that really applies. It's a word that's heavily overused—but in this context, I think, keeps all of its meaning.

Fun.

iMax

With the developers now being given more CPU power on the XBO (According to Digital Foundry). Maybe they no longer need the cloud for the destruction system.

It's wishful thinking from me. But it would be interesting to see if the recent change will have an effect on games that were in development before it happened.

I hope not. Server side processing might actually make this game one of the most striking on either next-gen system.

It's time to see a game that really is powered by the cloud.

Feindflug

Crackdown = platforming
, collecting orbs, juggling a car in the air with a RPG and blow a mountain of cars just to see the glorious smoke trails.

Top Bottom