• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crackdown Update 2: Tons of players, Bug fixes by next monday, DLC content pack(Available now!)

Tons of players were playing and the servers handled everything smoothly. We are currently testing parties for MP. But for other MP bug fixes and unlocking frame rate on PC, expect a patch no latter than Monday but it could be EARLIER.

SURPRISE DLC CONTENT PACK AVAILABLE NOW.

Once again congratulations to the Crackdown team for the games success and working quicker than most devs to keep content fresh! Unlike other tp AAA games or FP games like SOT, CD3 has in just 5 days from launch, put out content to keep players engaged instead of making players wait 1-3 months for 3% more content. The devs, and Microsoft, clearly are making sure the investment lasts. Especially with the amoint of money and chances MS gave the devs, which most devs would not have.

As was stated, they expect weekly updates with one video per week unless they get things done sooner or have a surprise, in which we may see more than one video.

Cloud destruction features, Bug fixes, unlocked frame rate, and other content is to be expected NO LATER than next Monday.

For those that are currently playing Crackdown 3, additional free dlc content is now available to keep you in the game. That's what I call fast!!! *cough* Rare *cough*

Content
Crackdown 3 Bonus Pack
Quackhammer Launcher – Take a BOOM out of crime with this multi-rocket launcher that puts the QUACK in attack with exploding ducks instead of rockets.

Commander Jaxon Ultimate Suit - Boost the rate you earn Strength and Explosives XP by 10% with Commander Jaxon’s Ultimate Suit upgrade.

Linebacker Vehicle – Smash through or roll over smaller vehicles with the Linebacker. This heavily-armored Agency truck also has a machine gun turret for added firepower.

Last edited:

Arun1910

"Once again congratulations to the Crackdown team for the games success and working quicker than most devs to keep content fresh!"

No offence but they had 5 years and released a game without a core MP feature (partying with friends) and they are releasing these core things that should have been in the game at launch as part of a "Frequent update" front. No doubt that DLC was made before, they are just trickling stuff out to give the illusion they are working fast.

"Cloud destruction features, unlocked frame rate"

First was announced YEARS ago, both should have been a thing at launch. If it has only taken a week to deliver it means that it missed it's launch deadline and was pushed back.

Last edited:

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads

Once again congratulations to the Crackdown team for the games success and working quicker than most devs to keep content fresh! Unlike other tp AAA games or FP games like SOT, CD3 has in just 5 days from launch, put out content to keep players engaged instead of making players wait 1-3 months for 3% more content. The devs, and Microsoft, clearly are making sure the investment lasts. Especially with the amoint of money and chances MS gave the devs, which most devs would not have.

As was stated, they expect weekly updates with one video per week unless they get things done sooner or have a surprise, in which we may see more than one video.

Cloud destruction features, Bug fixes, unlocked frame rate, and other content is to be expected NO LATER than next Monday.

For those that are currently playing Crackdown 3, additional free dlc content is now available to keep you in the game. That's what I call fast!!! *cough* Rare *cough*

Content

To be fair, Rare still does a bang up job with updates. They just have much more to deliver in updates. What the devs here are doing is much appreciated for us Crackdown fans though.

Last edited:

fallingdove

Jesus Christ - can we keep some of this Crackdown information in the OT?

We get it Voost Kain - you love Crackdown and want to have its baby.

Leonidas

Glad to see that they are already adding more content to this great game. Hope even more people give this game a shot, some of the most fun I've had gaming in a while.

ethomaz

Banned
Tons of players.

Tons.
It come from the devs mouth so the thread is fine with the titles... it is not some made up.

Said that with the actual place it is in the most played games in US I doubt "tons" means really that much... 22nd place doesn't put much faint at "tons" in the literal sense.

Last edited:

AlexxKidd

Oh really, tons of players? What happened to the "millions have experienced" PR speak?

"And speaking of the strength of Game Pass, tons of gamers have experienced Crackdown 3."

Perhaps they're confused and it's 3 gamers who collectively weigh a ton.

ethomaz

Banned
Oh really, tons of players? What happened to the "millions have experienced" PR speak?

"And speaking of the strength of Game Pass, tons of gamers have experienced Crackdown 3."

Perhaps they're confused and it's 3 gamers who collectively weigh a ton.
The 3 million players were created by the poster here in GAF... it never existed.

Last edited:

VAL0R

Banned
Where do I find the DLC? I searched in the "Store" on XBL and found nothing but "Campaign" and "Wrecking Zone" and my game never asked for an update or anything.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Did Crackdown just become GaaS? This is actually...kinda impressive. Interested to know that they are still implementing cloud destruction even after launch.

Did Crackdown just become GaaS? This is actually...kinda impressive. Interested to know that they are still implementing cloud destruction even after launch.

Well they want to add some realistic building to demolish as well. Right now the buildings are these neon outline things. They also want to do more for debris to stay on the field, some of it does, but some of it vanishes.

Where do I find the DLC? I searched in the "Store" on XBL and found nothing but "Campaign" and "Wrecking Zone" and my game never asked for an update or anything.

If you're still looking for it,

Link to store page.

If you're playing on PC, there's no PC specific download. I just went to the page, DLed it to my Xbone, and the next time I started my PC it was already installed.

Last edited:

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
I really hope they get that coop framerate unlock in Friday/Saturday. I'd love to play this with my buddy this weekend but won't play it with a 30fps cap on PC.

I really hope they get that coop framerate unlock in Friday/Saturday. I'd love to play this with my buddy this weekend but won't play it with a 30fps cap on PC.
It would be greatly appreciated, but I doubt it.

Funny thing is, you can see the option to unlock the framerate being available for a split second if you go into the display option menu (frustrating more than funny, actually).

Gamernyc78

Banned
News flash! We are adding things that should have already been in the game and are calling it "free dlc" Foh!!!! but of course diehards revel in this twisted bs. And this is a common trend since last generation. SFV this Gen was also another game with the free dlc bs tht should have been there from the beginning.

Last edited:
Still no fix on the dumb 30 fps cap on coop. This game is a joke. They're actively delaying important updates just to keep people in the subscription at this point.

Top Bottom