• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Craig Fairbrass - MW2's Ghost Pretty Much Confirms MW3 On Radio

dc89

Please don't shoot me. This is my first thread on GAF. :(

But I was listening to a radio show called Andy Goldstein's Sports Bar last night. They just talk sport, films and lad banter etc. They had Craig Fairbrass in the studio, he voiced Gaz 'Lets do this' in CoD4 and then Ghost in MW2.

This is what was said:

Presenter: Craig you joke of being out of work but we were just chatting about some of the stuff you've been in, one of them which will be familiar with our younger audience, your one of the voices on CoD.

Craig: Lets do this.

P: Now lot's of kids will be like 'stop what your doing, put down the playstation controller'

C: Yeah I did Call of Duty Modern Warfare as Gaz then I did Ghost in Modern Warfare 2 which has become one of the most iconic figures in the history of computer games. I've just been out in LA doing something...

*inane babble and laughing*

C: no but i've been out doing some bits and pieces and one of it's to do with err... can't say too much you know what I mean...

If you want to listen to it yourself go here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/30020

It's in the 21:00-21:30 segment of the show and it starts after the commercials which play on the 34 minute mark.

So, what do we expect story wise from the next CoD game? To hell with it, what do you expect full stop?

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I did Ghost in Modern Warfare 2 which has become one of the most iconic figures in the history of computer games

That's it. I want out of gaming. When's the next flight?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
dc89 said:
Please don't shoot me. This is my first thread on GAF. :(

But I was listening to a radio show called Andy Goldstein's Sports Bar last night. They just talk sport, films and lad banter etc. They had Craig Fairbrass in the studio, he voiced Gaz 'Lets do this' in CoD4 and then Ghost in MW2.

This is what was said:

Presenter: Craig you joke of being out of work but we were just chatting about some of the stuff you've been in, one of them which will be familiar with our younger audience, your one of the voices on CoD.

Craig: Lets do this.

P: Now lot's of kids will be like 'stop what your doing, put down the playstation controller'

C: Yeah I did Call of Duty Modern Warfare as Gaz then I did Ghost in Modern Warfare 2 which has become one of the most iconic figures in the history of computer games. I've just been out in LA doing something...

*inane babble and laughing*

C: no but i've been out doing some bits and pieces and one of it's to do with err... can't say too much you know what I mean...

If you want to listen to it yourself go here: http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/30020

It's in the 21:00-21:30 segment of the show and it starts after the commercials which play on the 34 minute mark.

I played through MW2 and I don't remember who Ghost is.

So, what do we expect story wise from the next CoD game? To hell with it, what do you expect full stop?

Ridiculous, possibly to the point of stupid 3-hour SP campaign and uninteresting MP modes. So, about as much as I've always expected from a CoD game.

dc89

Yeah, was a bit sucky to say that but he said it never the less. It is a big name though, I'll give him that.

And yup, I remember Gaz more than Ghost. I still chuckle every time I hear 'Let's do this' in that cockney accent.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
dc89 said:
So, what do we expect story wise from the next CoD game?

Story? There's a story? I couldn't even tell you the name of a single character in CoD.

Mr_Brit

Banned
EatChildren said:
That's it. I want out of gaming. When's the next flight?
I'd say Ghost is more famous/recognisable than the vast majority of gaming icons save Master Chief, Mario,Lara Croft etc.

Most gamers if shown a pic of Ghost would recognise it as that guy from Call of Duty.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I did Ghost in Modern Warfare 2 which has become one of the most iconic figures in the history of computer games

8NIiW.gif

anyways, RE : the breaking news, oh wow what a surprise

Never understood the appeal of Ghost. MacTavish is the only memorable character that comes to mind. Well, Soap, but only for his name.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Mr_Brit said:
I'd say Ghost is more famous/recognisable than the vast majority of gaming icons save Master Chief, Mario,Lara Croft etc.

Most gamers if shown a pic of Ghost would recognise it as that guy from Call of Duty.

I beat the game and don't remember him at all

JaseC

Mr_Brit said:

You mean to say that gamers would recognise a game character from a multi-million-selling game!?

dc89 said:
C: Yeah I did Call of Duty Modern Warfare as Gaz then I did Ghost in Modern Warfare 2 which has become one of the most iconic figures in the history of computer games.

...who?

EDIT: Oh that's Ghost? I've seen pictures of him before. I thought it was just like a mask that was supposed to look cool or something, didn't realize that was an actual character.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mr_Brit said:

Doesn't make it any less stupid that the borderline mute nobody who happens to have a skull mask is considered more popular than franchise staples like Price or even Reznov, in a series with weak character exposition to begin with.

I wonder if I can shit up this thread with Ghost hate. I did it to another awhile ago.

dc89

Just to clarify I don't think he means the character, but the game itself.

Give it a listen, only takes a few minutes of your time.

Mr_Brit

Banned
EatChildren said:
Doesn't make it any less stupid that the borderline mute nobody who happens to have a skull mask is considered more popular than franchise staples like Price or even Reznov, in a series with weak character exposition to begin with.

I wonder if I can shit up this thread with Ghost hate. I did it to another awhile ago.
I agree that he's nowhere as interesting as Price but he does have a recognisable voice and skull mask so it's natural that people would remember him.

Also, on a related note. I don't get all the hate for the IW COD games' stories, they're easy to follow, entertaining, traditional military good vs bad storylines, they don't pretend to be anything more than that unlike certain other games.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
The only thing cool about Ghost is his mask. Put that mask on someone else and he'd be cool too.

It's so stupid how they love this Ghost guy so much, but kill him like he's nothing in MW2. Just utterly stupid.

KaYotiX

Banned
Mr_Brit said:

lmao!! you serious?

im sure most ppl forgot him after the credits rolled.

oh and Emile from Reach does the ghost "mask" better :p

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
So the guy's a little full of himself, we all know better.

If he was such a popular character, why did
Shepherd punk his ass out right after killing Roach? He let an old traitor get the drop on him like some bitch.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
_Alkaline_ said:

And I still had to look him up, rofl.

Iconic character my ass. Call of Duty has none as far as I'm concerned. The only thing I remember about him was him getting stabbed, and I'm not even sure if that was him. I can't remember a single line he said.

zlatko

Banned
There's no way in hell casuals/cores/hardcores on the mass scale could possibly be that familiar with Ghost. I remember who he is sure, but I'm a nerd with a good memory for random shit.

I'd wager more CoD players know who Captain Price is before Ghost.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ghost was popular in CoD6 due to the mask. Nothing more, nothing less. He had no personality, he had no intriguing backstory
JUST LIKE ALL CoD CHARACTERS OH SUP

Also (real spoiler):
HE'S DEAD BITCHES
how is he coming back in MW3 unless it's a prequel which is fucking stupid.

JaseC

TheSeks said:
Ghost was popular in CoD6 due to the mask. Nothing more, nothing less. He had no personality, he had intriguing backstory
JUST LIKE ALL CoD CHARACTERS OH SUP

Also (real spoiler):
HE'S DEAD BITCHES how is he coming back in MW3 unless it's a prequel which is fucking stupid

Nobody has said that
he'll return
. Fairbrass, who voiced a different character in CoD4, has said he's doing some more work, presumably on another CoD game. That's it.

Also, the end of your post makes the spoiler tag redundant. You should fix that.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mr_Brit said:
Also, on a related note. I don't get all the hate for the IW COD games' stories, they're easy to follow, entertaining, traditional military good vs bad storylines, they don't pretend to be anything more than that unlike certain other games.

Havne't played CoD6 yet, have you?

Ushojax said:

I'm sure faceless character is a wonderful person (GM: it's Ghost) I just don't think you should spend all of your money gettin' him all standing up for Halloween Ops.

Also, the end of your post makes the spoiler tag redundant.

Thinking about it, that happens to nearly every non-Captain Price character (but hell, it happened to Price in CoD1) in the series at least once, so is it really a spoiler?

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Ummmmm didn't Ghost get shot in the head, thrown in a ditch and set on fire?

Meh, Soap is the only memorable character.

hauton

Generic soldier man whose claim to fame is wearing a dorky, not to mention utterly impractical, mask?

Seriously, sign me up as another one of those who beat MW2 and don't remember him at all.

EDIT: I have to reiterate how stupid this is.

"I'm going to paint my black balaclava white. It will totally blend in with pulsing red of my brains after everyone in a 2 mile radius spots me and blows my head to bits."

FJ0372

Considering the guy has done more voices than Ghost on previous COD games, I'd assume he's just voice-acting as someone else in this one. Either way I'm very interested.

TheOddOne said:
This x a billion.

This doesn't negate from the fact that Emile is a complete rip-off of Ghost:

4270650404_4bc28d3800_m.jpg

Before somebody starts crying about me being a fanboy, I prefer Halo: Reach to any Call of Duty game but credit should be given where credit is due.

Zenith

Banned
I only know him as the guy with the skull face.

I have literally no idea what role he played in COD's campaigns or any of his lines of dialogue.

Top Bottom