• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash and Spyro PS1 games (EDIT: and others) may now be downloaded to American Vitas.

Tigress

To the people pissed they didn't buy the 99 cent Crash/Spyro games when they were on sale: do you own PS3s? The PSone classics work on PSP, Vita, and PS3 (and likely PS4 eventually) and remote play even allowed them to work on Vita prior to today.

Selling those games for 99 cents isn't terribly scummy considering it was only a matter of time before they hit the Vita in NA just like every other territory.

I don't know that it was a matter of time before they hit the Vita in NA (hell, I didn't even know they were available for Vita in other territories). And yes, I own a PS3. No, I don't really want to play Spyro on my PS3, I would have been interested at that price for my Vita though.

Just cause I had another console that could play it doesn't mean I want to play it on that console. And honestly, while it's not having me hating Sony, I do think it's a trollish move of them.

ricelord

sigh

Sigh

SIGH

1348913243096.gif

pretty much....

animagnum

Neo Member
Magical Drop and Kyuiin were straight up deleted from everyone's download lists completely.

I was able to get a refund (in PSN credit) from Sony for one of the removed import PS1 games because I couldn't download it again when I got a new PS3. They were pretty nice about it.

nakedeyes

Banned
Obviously I hope this is intentional.. but I am noticing something else weird: about half of my Dark Soul II PS3 pre order bonuses are also available to download to my vita! uh.. half of them allow me to and half don't.. I think this might be a bug..

Obviously I hope this is intentional.. but I am noticing something else weird: about half of my Dark Soul II PS3 pre order bonuses are also available to download to my vita! uh.. half of them allow me to and half don't.. I think this might be a bug..

Dark Souls Vita confirmed.

Freeman

Banned
Why would anyone ignore a sale on principle when a game you want and could potentially play at some point in the future is on sale for a dollar? It's a stupid reason. If anyone had any passing interest in any of those games, at all, ever, they should have jumped on them, no questions asked. They're a DOLLAR!

I've paid more for Steam games that I haven't installed. One could have gotten all 4 Crash games for less than the cost of a sandwhich at Subway.

I don't understand why anyone would hesitate simply because "THEY'RE NOT PLAYABLE ON VITA." It's pretty obvious it was coming, I mean Crash 1/2 even popped up on store banner ads a week ago.
That is just not true, why would I pay for a game I can't play? How is that reasonable?

Tigress

Why would anyone ignore a sale on principle when a game you want and could potentially play at some point in the future is on sale for a dollar? It's a stupid reason. If anyone had any passing interest in any of those games, at all, ever, they should have jumped on them, no questions asked. They're a DOLLAR!

I've paid more for Steam games that I haven't installed. One could have gotten all 4 Crash games for less than the cost of a sandwhich at Subway.

I don't understand why anyone would hesitate simply because "THEY'RE NOT PLAYABLE ON VITA." It's pretty obvious it was coming, I mean Crash 1/2 even popped up on store banner ads a week ago.

Because I don't want to play them on something other than the Vita? I was just interested in them for the Vita.

And I have no proof they are coming to the Vita and on top of that, some of us are on a budget. Yeah, it's just one buck. And yes, I don't want to spend one buck on something I don't think I'm going to be able to use (money does actually add up. And don't argue with me that cause I'm gaming I must have a lot of money. You don't know me, you don't know my situation, and I get by on gaming by making sure that when I do spend my money, it counts! Not wasting a dollar because it's just a dollar and on the off chance the game will work where I want it to sometime in the future).

And for some of us, it wasn't obvious it was coming. I don't pay that much attention to the PSN store to know that some ads for one of the games popped up randomly a week ago or even that it's available in a region I'm not in nor do I look at the store for that region ever.

Flandy

That is just not true, why would I pay for a game I can't play? How is that reasonable?

Seriously ^
I own a PS3 and a PSP but I wouldn't have played the games on either of those two. Why should I spend my money to not play it? SCEAs attitude with the Vita didn't exactly inspire courage that they'd bring these titles over to the Vita especially since they have been unavailable for so long.

Why was PSP2 removed from the store? All these posts about it make me want to play it :(

sector4

Aw yis, just bought every single one during the 99c sale, thank you on both fronts GAF.

Also can confirm they work on a PAL Vita as well, maybe be worth updating the thread title? PAL Vita with a US PSN account :)

Because it's a freaking dollar and anyone who follows NeoGAF should've known it was coming soon (suddenly a bunch of Vita-exempt PS1 classics go on sale for a dollar the week before they become compatible? Not a coincidence, folks.)

PS1 classics don't exactly go on sale often, either. If you had any interest in them, even if you DIDN'T own a Vita but were planning to, you should've jumped on it.

Because I don't want to play them on something other than the Vita? I was just interested in them for the Vita.

And I have no proof they are coming to the Vita and on top of that, some of us are on a budget. Yeah, it's just one buck. And yes, I don't want to spend one buck on something I don't think I'm going to be able to use (money does actually add up. And don't argue with me that cause I'm gaming I must have a lot of money. You don't know me, you don't know my situation, and I get by on gaming by making sure that when I do spend my money, it counts! Not wasting a dollar because it's just a dollar and on the off chance the game will work where I want it to sometime in the future).

And for some of us, it wasn't obvious it was coming. I don't pay that much attention to the PSN store to know that some ads for one of the games popped up randomly a week ago or even that it's available in a region I'm not in nor do I look at the store for that region ever.

There was a thread about it here on GAF, even (then it got overshadowed by the Last of Us: Remastered news....which was also leaked by the store)

Because it's a freaking dollar and anyone who follows NeoGAF should've known it was coming soon (suddenly a bunch of Vita-exempt PS1 classics go on sale for a dollar the week before they become compatible? Not a coincidence, folks.)

PS1 classics don't exactly go on sale often, either. If you had any interest in them, even if you DIDN'T own a Vita but were planning to, you should've jumped on it.

What? No. Not everyone is a blind consumer, some of us plan on playing the games we buy when we buy them.

Tigress

So, it's just a dollar. Tell me, do you just throw dollars in the trash because it's just a dollar? After all, you're saying people should have spent a dollar on something they could not use because it's just a dollar (and it's stupid to say they should be able to predict the future and realize it was going to come to the Vita).

There was a thread about it here on GAF, even (then it got overshadowed by the Last of Us: Remastered news....which was also leaked by the store)

Ah, so I'm supposed to read every thread on GAF and happen to notice every thread before it gets pushed down. I see.

Or you could admit it was a trollish move on Sony's part rather than blaming people for completely reasonable things.

Fusebox

Banned

Bullshit, don't pretend you knew this was coming, Where's the precedent for it? Next time start a new thread BEFORE the event, Nostrodamus.

Freeman

Banned

Do you have a problem with reality? You wanna tell me and many others that we had no interest in a game we still want to buy just mere hours later? Good day sir!

You speak as if this was obvious, when even now it is not clear if it is intentional.

CLEEK

Woo. R-Type Delta just downloaded and installed.

In a few minutes, it will be joined by R-Types, Crash 2, CTR and Pac-Man CE.

Today is a good day to be alive.

Flandy

Hey remember when Portable Ops went on sale a few months ago for like $7 and then didn't randomly become compatible with the Vita less than 24 hours after the sale ended? Me too

androvsky

PS1 games have gone on sale before, they've even been PS+ freebies. We had no way of knowing for sure this was happening, and given its been an issue for two years now why would anyone assume it was going to happen suddenly with no warning?

Cody_D165

Banned

burning-money.jpg

pop_tarts

Ugh why is Phantasy Star portable 2 delisted? :(

If all PSP games work on Vita, Vita just got a GT game [even if it's a port from the PSP]

i had GT PSP on my Vita nearly ever since they announced PSP games for the Vita....not sure where this is coming from....also where are my Yugioh Tag Force PSP games dammit

sensui-tomo

boy this thread went from a happy one to a "BLEH I MAD, I didnt spend $6-$7 cause it wouldnt work on my vita since i have absolutely no reason to buy it on my ps3(if you didnt have a ps3 you have a extremely Valid reason otherwise no imo its cheap and if your budget doesnt allow for $6-7 you need to quit gaming since you're more of a cheapass than CAG and if you cant afford that with your budget you need to seek financial advice since you would more than likely be poorer than me(and i'm in shit condition poor)).. please folks lets just be happy the vita gets more games... now if only nintendo would allow for universal purchases(please make this true nintendo)

nakedeyes

Banned
Bullshit, don't pretend you knew this was coming, Where's the precedent for it? Next time start a new thread BEFORE the event, Nostrodamus.

haha! yeah man! Like Sony has EVER put up a precedent for updating platform availability for old stuff.. Dude must be trollin', cause Im pretty bummed too I didn't pick up those Crash games.. :( I did get Gex just cause that worked on vita lol! great memories! horrible game..

RK128

So, does anyone think is is real? Like, seriously real with all the PSP, PS1 and PSP games on PSN being fully playable on Vita? Because with PSP demos working and the Crash/Spyro games working, I'm honestly wondering if this was an intentional act or a simple mistake.

I really hope it isn't, but I'm not sure :l. I got the PS1 and PS Minis that usually don't work on Vita on mine now just in case, but still, it would be nice for Sony to confirm...

Top Bottom