• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash and Spyro PS1 games (EDIT: and others) may now be downloaded to American Vitas.

Grunkle

Banned
Those other reigions have had it since the feature was launched so it wasn't exactly obvious. I just think its scummy of Sony to not announce this with the sale rather than allowing them to playable as soon as it ends.

Not as scummy as making you pay twice for the game in order to play it on both your console and your handheld.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Color me pissed too... I added funds just for the 99 cent sale...man...

I only grabbed one game. Plants vs Zombies...

Takao

Banned
Removed from PSN before Vita was even announced.
13939186196_3bab970ba9_b.jpg

RK128

So glad I bought these during the sale. I didn't expect them to be enabled so soon afterwards, but I figured there was a good chance it would happen eventually (granted, they should have been downloadable ages ago).

Assuming this isn't a bug, a more charitable possibility is that all the complaints stemming from these games being on sale finally gave SCEA (and Activision?) a kick in the pants to make enabling these on Vita a priority. Isn't today the first full business day since the sale?

The thing is though...pretty much every PS1, PSP and PS Mini tittles now work on Vita, not saying that is a bad thing (this is an awesome thing!), but I just cannot imagine Sony paying off publishers/developers of all the non-compatible games over night :l. We will see tomorrow if this isn't a fluke or not, but I really hope this isn't a fluke; everyone should be able to play these awesome games.

Sandfox

So glad I bought these during the sale. I didn't expect them to be enabled so soon afterwards, but I figured there was a good chance it would happen eventually (granted, they should have been downloadable ages ago).

Assuming this isn't a bug, a more charitable possibility is that all the complaints stemming from these games being on sale finally gave SCEA (and Activision?) a kick in the pants to make enabling these on Vita a priority. Isn't today the first full business day since the sale?
I don't think Sony just came up with this plan today and these specific games being on sale implies that this was what they intended to do from the beginning.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I downloaded crash 1-3 and spyro 1-3 along with portable ops just in case this is an error on their side, don't want to take any chances.

Kolma

This is exactly why I bought the 3 crash games.
I HAD A FEELING
(already owned spyro thanks to PS+)

HAPPY DAY INDEED

Zeppeli

Banned
Holy shit. PSP Demos can now be downloaded on the Vita from the store. This means great things for the homebrew scene like VHBL!

MEGATON!

Cool! Bought 'em just in case, and so I could have them available on my PS3 at any time for when I finally replay them, since they were so cheap.

KalBalboa

Banned
To the people pissed they didn't buy the 99 cent Crash/Spyro games when they were on sale: do you own PS3s? The PSone classics work on PSP, Vita, and PS3 (and likely PS4 eventually) and remote play even allowed them to work on Vita prior to today.

Selling those games for 99 cents isn't terribly scummy considering it was only a matter of time before they hit the Vita in NA just like every other territory.

SmokyDave

Gran Turismo has worked since day one here in the UK, but it had to be transferred via PS3.

This is an exciting development, I can finally copy over Patchwork Heroes and Thexder Neo!

Paging smokeydave. The Vita's library just got a huge injection of games
Heh, I usually use a PSP 2000 for PSP and PSOne games, my Vita card is full of native Vita content.

Glad to see so many people digging it though :)

I bought the second and third Spyro games in the flash sale against the chance of this update happening, but I didn't expect it so soon. Also glad I won't have to go through the PS3 to load Valkyeria Chronicles and all that DLC the next time.

CLEEK

I think VitaGAF has killed PSN. My downloads have all failed part way through, and now I get an error when trying to go back into the store.

Zeppeli

Banned
pls explain

PSP Demos can have exploits in them that allow for homebrew use. The Patapon 2 demo was what used for PSP homebrew in higher firmwares for a long time.

Also, on a different topic,
I believe that every single PSOne classic should be Vita compatible now. All of my games from Legend of Dragoon to MGS are now downloadable from the store directly as well.

Holy shit. PSP Demos can now be downloaded on the Vita from the store. This means great things for the homebrew scene like VHBL!

MEGATON!

Something like this makes me think this is a fluke. With how aggressive Sony has been fighting homebrew on the Vita (going so far as to delist a PERSONA game), there's no way they'd leave a loophole like this open.

I wish I owned Dissidia digitally now.

Zeppeli

Banned
Something like this makes me think this is a fluke. With how aggressive Sony has been fighting homebrew on the Vita (going so far as to delist a PERSONA game), there's no way they'd leave a loophole like this open.

I wish I owned Dissidia digitally now.
Yup. Downloading a bunch of PSP demos anyways in case.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that passed on buying games they enjoy for .99$. Was such a good deal.
I'm very excited about these games being playable on vita now. May not sell it after all.

Yeah, they were the Crash games for that cheap (even just in case some of my discs ever die), I felt I had to buy them.

To the people pissed they didn't buy the 99 cent Crash/Spyro games when they were on sale: do you own PS3s? The PSone classics work on PSP, Vita, and PS3 (and likely PS4 eventually) and remote play even allowed them to work on Vita prior to today.

Selling those games for 99 cents isn't terribly scummy considering it was only a matter of time before they hit the Vita in NA just like every other territory.

If I couldn't play them on Vita-chan, I just didn't want 'em. I take my Vita everywhere and my PS3, aside from lacking portability, is basically an afterthought now. It exists for Tales games and Persona 5 and that's about it.

Oh well, that'll show me. :p Maybe there will be more flash sales in the future.

I wouldn't say it was an absolute given they'd eventually work, especially not this soon. It's like someone at Sony flipped a switch and now EVERYTHING works.

The download list on the PC store says that
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped is playable on
PS3 PSP and PS Vita

13982425263_05ee104929_o.png

don't think this is a mistake
Why is the add on for NHA showing up for PSP though....

SmokyDave

Even the 'PSP Go Only' promotional theme is available for download.

I'm in the UK, so it can't just be an NA store thing, and I doubt it's an accident.

Afterburner: Black Falcon downloading. Ahhh yeah.

Eusis

The games already had manuals for the PS3; the Vita is just displaying those manuals as well.

I'm still suspicious.
Yeah, the manuals are completely irrelevant here: it's like they're PDFs and the PDF viewer (as it were) on Vita just has a different control set up.

I think the best reason to believe this may not be an accident is that the Vita 2000 is about to come out, and so Sony may've been planning to just make everything available one way or another. The system needed an extra boost especially as it didn't help it to have so many games taht SHOULD be forwards compatible not be so.
Hmmm it's showing Saint Seiya Brave Soldiers (ps3 game) as a download on my Vita... This whole thing be bugging lol
It may've been that way before whatever just happened. See: Dark Souls II pre-order DLC.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Hmmm Naruto Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3 demo refuses to download but other demos download fine. Any other demos/games with problems?

ohlawd

oh gawd this is scummy. They would release this update RIGHT after the flash sale. Riiiiiight. I'm not even gonna entertain the thought that they caved after people berated them for locking out NA users of these games.

I own a PS3 and I almost didn't buy Crash 2, 3 and TR during the weekend sale because of no Vita support. Almost. They're downloading to my Vita as we speak. I'm weak; that's the only reason I bought them. Unbelievable that the people who ignored the sale for the right reasons got the short end of the stick.

Top Bottom