• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash and Spyro PS1 games (EDIT: and others) may now be downloaded to American Vitas.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sony enjoys shitting on Vita owners.

The hyperbole and odd statements over the top.

i'm crying right now
13958582961_ab561d3f25_b.jpg

Hmmmm, does that still support Ad-Hoc party via PS3?

And

2014-04-21-190041yykob.jpg

All the Crash games on my Vita.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Metal Gear Solid PSX is available download directly to the Vita, too. (Not sure if it was already enabled to)

shwimpy

LOL @ all you suckers who didn't buy these games. They were $1 each FFS. Even if it never worked on Vita, it's definitely worth having them in your "collection" for $1 each.

If I still had a Vita, I'd be thoroughly pissed that they released this right after the flash sale I would have ignored because of Crash not being playable. Of course, I might still have a damn Vita if Crash was released a lot earlier than this *shakes fist*

btkadams

Metal Gear Solid is available download directly to the Vita, too. (Not sure if it was already enabled to)
I've had it on my vita for a while, so it's not a new addition. Unless it had been taken down for some reason, but I don't think that happened.

Oh wait, I may have used the PS3 to transfer.

co1onel

Funny, I bought crash 1 yesterday off the website store not realizing it didn't work on Vita. But the real question is, where's my MGS1 Sony?

Freeman

Banned
Sony "Sorry guys it was just a bug, we have fixed it now, to ensure those games are not playable on the Vita".

LiquidMetal14

So did Vita just get a Gran Turismo game?

The PSP version might be in the DL list even if not on the storefront but I've never bought it there. I'm half tempted to buy it just to see if I can DL it but I'm referring to the PSP GT, not PS1 iterations.

DON'T FORGET, THE ONLY GT THAT IS ON PSP IS THE PSP GT.

LOL @ all you suckers who didn't buy these games. They were $1 each FFS. Even if it never worked on Vita, it's definitely worth having them in your "collection" for $1 each.

pretty much why I bought them this weekend. I held off on them forever because they weren't on Vita, but they were a dollar. Anyone who didn't buy them is crazy.

Downloading Portable Ops directly from my Vita. No idea if it works though.

fingers crossed for you

Yawnier

Banned
Considering that I never had owned any of the consoles in the Playstation family (but planning on getting a PS4 next year), I'm wondering what you would guys would recommend for a first-timer? Klonoa looks like it's a fun platformer.

Klonoa (PS1) is a great 2.5D platformer but from what I've heard the remake on the Wii is pretty good too.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Huh. I'll check when I get home, maybe my Irem R-Type goodness is playable now too!

i'm crying right now
13958582961_ab561d3f25_b.jpg

Game changer. If PSP and PS1 games are playable on Vita now, I'll have to buy a dedicated Memory card for psp/ps1 games. PSP2 and DBZ: Shin Budokai. THANK YOU SONY.

Man, feels so lucky I manage to get Crash and Sypro games during the flash sale.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
So now we know what the Bank Holiday maintenance was all about ... but can someone please explain why everyone is so excited because I always thought you had PS1 and PSP games on the Vita.

LiquidMetal14

Such BS.

Total troll move and certainly doesn't engender good feelings towards the company.

You should not have missed for those prices on that sale. Especially if you have at least a PSP or PS3. This is awesome. I see no reason to paint this is a negative.

Top Bottom