• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash and Spyro PS1 games (EDIT: and others) may now be downloaded to American Vitas.

So now we know what the Bank Holiday maintenance was all about ... but can someone please explain why everyone is so excited because I always thought you had PS1 and PSP games on the Vita.

A lot of games weren't compatible, like the crash/spyro ps1 games and many psp games. It appears as if it is all good now, though.

You should not have missed for those prices on that sale. Especially if you have at least a PSP or PS3. This is awesome. I see no reason to paint this is a negative.

Honestly, they should've just paid the dollar. Could've had all those games for the price of just one of them now.

co1onel

So now we know what the Bank Holiday maintenance was all about ... but can someone please explain why everyone is so excited because I always thought you had PS1 and PSP games on the Vita.

We always had some, but tons were missing form the vita's store or didn't work on vita.

Ogawa-san

PSP demos...
YG3LQsl.jpg
That took a while.

teiresias

You should not have missed for those prices on that sale. Especially if you have at least a PSP or PS3. This is awesome. I see no reason to paint this is a negative.

I refuse to play PS1 games on PS3. The only way I play them is either on Vita or to play them on my plasma through original discs via an emulator on my PC.

So how do I play phantasy star 4 on my vita?
PSP Sega genesis collection?

I'm guessing some of these must have access to an exploit that blows Vita wide open and they just were like "whatever" at this point.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Ugh. I wanted these on my Vita during the $1 sale, but it wasn't available.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

Some PS1 and PSP games needed to be transferred from the PS3 to the Vita in order to work, rather than downloading them directly from the Vita account to your device.

daman824

FINALLY! Now I have something to play on my vita. Haven't played any of the spyro games.

Which spyro is considered the best one?

So do these PSP and PSone titles show up in the Vita store? Or do you have to buy them on the website and then download them through the Vita?

If only FF7:Crisis Core was on the PSN Store.. :(

That + Kingdom Hearts + X-Men Legends 2/Marvel Ultimate Alliance are my 3 most wanted games for digital PSP/Vita downloads. :(

Those X-Men games are perfect portable games, but I'd love to play them with a good Vita analog stick. Plus my PSP is super junky. Had to take it apart to get the volume buttons working and now it's barely held together. ;_;

dolabla

This is so freakin awesome. All 3 Crash games work. I wonder if we'll hear anything soon from Sony about this?

Du2andal

Banned
Phantasy Star Portable 2 finally on Vita? Today is officially a good day. I am assuming I should be able to transfer my psp save to ps3 and then to vita?

I am also amazed at how nice Crash 2 looks on the little screen.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I refuse to play PS1 games on PS3. The only way I play them is either on Vita or to play them on my plasma through original discs via an emulator on my PC.

Yep. I take my Vita around with me all the time, but my PS3 isn't even hooked up right now. If they hadn't just had them on sale yesterday, I probably would've paid the regular asking price for Crash 3 and all of the Spyro games. Doing this the day after the sale ends is just trolling.

Top Bottom