• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash and Spyro PS1 games (EDIT: and others) may now be downloaded to American Vitas.

How do I find the demos? Want to try Crash Bandicoot.

Don't listen to people who say you can't get a demo. It's easy: Just stop by Babbage's PR EB games, get a PlayStation magazine. Take out the subscription card. Subscribe to the magazine. In a few months you'll start getting demo discs. Throw away the AOL discs. Eventually Crash will be on one. Enjoy the good life my friend.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The remote download option in the web store works great. Just turn on or reboot the Vita and the downloads populate.

Don't listen to people who say you can't get a demo. It's easy: Just stop by Babbage's PR EB games, get a PlayStation magazine. Take out the subscription card. Subscribe to the magazine. In a few months you'll start getting demo discs. Throw away the AOL discs. Eventually Crash will be on one. Enjoy the good life my friend.

What year is it?

Also, can someone update the OP with all the games this applies to?

impact

Banned
Sony does this after the 99 cent sale to make some extra cash huh? Oh well, I can wait till they go on sale again. Not supporting a shitty practice like that.

GuyKazama

I have a problem when i try to save on crash. On the bonus stage crash just disappears but it doesn't take me to the actual save point.

Any suggestions?

There's a bug in the emulation that causes this issue on the "rolling stones" level. Happened on the PSP as well.

Blues1990

Get Klonoa... you won't regret it.

Klonoa (PS1) is a great 2.5D platformer but from what I've heard the remake on the Wii is pretty good too.

Klonoa is great. Tomba and Tomba 2 (although currently only the japanese version of the latter is available on the US PSN so don't buy it right now) are also amazing.

Alright, I'll definitely have Klonoa & the two Tomba games placed on my wish-list. Are there any other games you fine folks could recommend?

Aleph

I want to get Portable Ops, should I get the Plus version?

Edit: not seeing it on the Vita store, and the SEN site says PSP only...

Trace

Banned

As of today from every game I've seen, if you can buy it on SEN you can download it on Vita through the download list.

Sol1dus

Just wanted to say that Um Jammer Lammy, CTR, and Crash 3 all work on Vita now. And they were all from PS+

Also PSP demos now work becaue I was able to download the Jak and Daxter Last Frontier demo that I added to my account way back in 2010

Kuwa

Portable Ops Plus doesn't have any of the story of normal Portable Ops, PO+ is basically a multiplayer expansion

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Metal gear solid VR missions downloadable in Europe! No more needing to use remoteplay on PS3.

I assume that means MGS is downloadable in the US?

Listonosh

Is it safe to assume that all of these titles will be added officially to the Vita PSN store once the update hits tomorrow? I'd like to see the full list of titles available than going thru my purchased download list.

Also, would love some filtration added to the Download List. No reason I should be seeing my PS3 purchases on there, and then filter by PSP, PSOne Classic, Vita, etc. My list is a pain to go through and constantly shooting me to the top of the list after I download something is extremely annoying.

CLEEK

I assume that means MGS is downloadable in the US?

Yeah. It was always PS3 transferable, but now you can get it directly on the Vita.

Been following the two main threads all day. As far as I have seen, this update has meant that EVERY PSone, PSP and Minis games that were already on the store are now compatible on the Vita. I haven't seen anyone mention any exceptions.

VanWinkle

Is it safe to assume that all of these titles will be added officially to the Vita PSN store once the update hits tomorrow? I'd like to see the full list of titles available than going thru my purchased download list.

Also, would love some filtration added to the Download List. No reason I should be seeing my PS3 purchases on there, and then filter by PSP, PSOne Classic, Vita, etc. My list is a pain to go through and constantly shooting me to the top of the list after I download something is extremely annoying.

You'd think so, but who knows for sure.

I bought and downloaded the following just in case this is some weird "bug" or "glitch" or SCEA is just "cruel":
Bloody Roar
Bloody Roar 2
Midway Arcade Treasures Extended Play
MotorStorm Arctic Edge

and I already had all of the Crash and Spyro games bought from the $1 sale because I thought that maybe by Christmas they would have them playable on Vita so I downloaded those too tonight.

If there's a sale tomorrow, no regrets. Better safe than sorry.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This makes me wish I'd stuck with my US PSN account when is got my vita. You have a few more PSOne titles I'd like. Although the Japanese store puts us both to shame. If Sony really want to impress, just release all those games in the west.

It is odd how different regions work though. Eg I hear people talking about MGS,motorstorm arctic edge and VC2, but they've all been playable on vita in Europe. Yet MGS: VR missions works I the US but not Europe (does now)

And then some work via PS3 transfer but not direct download. So confusing.

DeVeAn

Missed out on the second two Spryo games because of PS plus. Anyone figure out how to buy games even if you have it from being a plus member?

bedlamite

Does Pursuit Force Extreme Justice work on the Vita?

It's 15 bucks but I'll happily fork the money over if I can get it on my Vita

Hey guys. I missed the Crash/Spyro Vita boat, and so desperately wanted to play the CB games again that I picked up a cheap PSP Go (ex-display, brand new condition). I have a PSP 2000 but it's been through a lot and the screen isn't all that. I have CB 1 so far, and my word, it's as good as I remember! Also, the PSP Go D-pad is so much better than the 2000's! I can see myself playing Street Fighter on this.

I'm tempted to get a component cable to hook it up to a TV, and perhaps get a dualshock controller too - read somewhere it's possible to connect it.

WHOOP WHOOP.

P.S. Anyone know if the PSP 3000's D-pad is as good as the Go's?

Eusis

WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

Seriously, I think many of us would hope for news of returned availability if a thread like this popped back up.

Top Bottom