• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4 – Tawna Gameplay Reveal

Good grief some of you are nuts, the original Tawna is still in the game! This playable version is just from a different universe where she was the hero instead of Crash. The fact that some of you are screaming about this being "woke" and now not buying the game just shows how easily offended some of you get. Or you were never going to buy it anyway (not seen many of you in previous Crash threads) and just want something to bitch about.
ANTISJWs are just the other side of that very annoying coin of SJW-ISM, both just a bunch of anger addicts looking for something to get angry at 24/7.

GymWolf

dcmuz1d-c6b64907-f868-4b05-b4f6-8e5d9f2bc2a9.jpg

The fuck happened to her?
That's barbie tawna, now we have the butch improved version.
(Se what i did there, butch instead of much...)

MagnesG

Banned
Good grief some of you are nuts, the original Tawna is still in the game! This playable version is just from a different universe where she was the hero instead of Crash. The fact that some of you are screaming about this being "woke" and now not buying the game just shows how easily offended some of you get. Or you were never going to buy it anyway (not seen many of you in previous Crash threads) and just want something to bitch about.
Is this from the devs blog? I didn't know about that.

It totally feels like a new character though.

Vaelka

The blog post about her made me realize something.
With female characters in media there's always this obsession with outright telling us how '' badass '' they are instead of just showing us and letting the game or movie do the talking, but not with male characters.
When is the last time you can remember an article or a blog post from a dev or movie director trying to convince you of how fierce and badass a male character is?
It's always written in such an obnoxious way too, the blog post I linked to genuinely made me cringe because of how it's written.
It's written like some social media marketer came up with the design and was so proud of it and made sure to use as much '' yas queen '' interwebs lingo as they could.

I think that's what makes these female characters come across as so obnoxious to me too.
It's the same in movies and shows, just listen to interviewers and the types of questions they ask and read articles about female characters.
It's so often all like '' yas queen ur so awesome babe such fierce, strong and independent! ''.
They're just treated so differently than male characters, and then on top of that too women get unironically lumped in with mentally and physically handicapped people when it comes to representation lol.
Male characters on the other hand just get to prove themselves and stand on their own feet.

I just find it insulting.

when you try to do a woke redisign but the woke community is mad:
1n8Ftln.png

just don't overchange something that is fine if they are never happy.

I've seen this picture a lot, but I genuinely can't think of a single case where it's an actual thing.
Sure the male Worgen looks scarier than the female Worgen in WoW, but the female Worgen still looks like an animal same with every other race.
I've seen people compare the Viera in FFXIV to the Hrothgar but they're not even the same race... And there's a genuine and good explanation why they were both added as gender-locked, it wasn't because the devs wanted to but because the devs changed their minds and threw in the Viera too because they had been requested since day 1 but didn't have the time and resources to do both genders for both.
I mean we're still talking about the game with the male Mi'qote which the devs literally retconned the lore just to put into the game so they're clearly not against sexy cat/ bunny boys.

Also why does the female characters always need to look more like the male characters?
Even if this picture was true, why couldn't the male character look more like the female?
What's even the point if they look the same? The only difference then is the gender symbol.

Last edited:

00_Zer0

The blog post about her made me realize something.
With female characters in media there's always this obsession with outright telling us how '' badass '' they are instead of just showing us and letting the game or movie do the talking, but not with male characters.
When is the last time you can remember an article or a blog post from a dev or movie director trying to convince you of how fierce and badass a male character is?
It's always written in such an obnoxious way too, the blog post I linked to genuinely made me cringe because of how it's written.
It's written like some social media marketer came up with the design and was so proud of it and made sure to use as much '' yas queen '' interwebs lingo as they could.

I think that's what makes these female characters come across as so obnoxious to me too.
It's the same in movies and shows, just listen to interviewers and the types of questions they ask and read articles about female characters.
It's so often all like '' yas queen ur so awesome babe such fierce, strong and independent! ''.
They're just treated so differently than male characters, and then on top of that too women get unironically lumped in with mentally and physically handicapped people when it comes to representation lol.
Male characters on the other hand just get to prove themselves and stand on their own feet.

I just find it insulting.

I've seen this picture a lot, but I genuinely can't think of a single case where it's an actual thing.
Sure the male Worgen looks scarier than the female Worgen in WoW, but the female Worgen still looks like an animal same with every other race.
I've seen people compare the Viera in FFXIV to the Hrothgar but they're not even the same race... And there's a genuine and good explanation why they were both added as gender-locked, it wasn't because the devs wanted to but because the devs changed their minds and threw in the Viera too because they had been requested since day 1 but didn't have the time and resources to do both genders for both.
I mean we're still talking about the game with the male Mi'qote which the devs literally retconned the lore just to put into the game so they're clearly not against sexy cat/ bunny boys.

Also why does the female characters always need to look more like the male characters?
Even if this picture was true, why couldn't the male character look more like the female?
What's even the point if they look the same? The only difference then is the gender symbol.
Yeah, I just saw a review of Mulan on YouTube that makes it painfully clear to stay as far away from that movie as possible. Directors and writers in Hollywood are so woke, and their skills so weak that they have the subtlety of the kool aid man busting through a brick wall trying to bring a strong woman to the big screen. It's usually all a shallow, woke mess.

Look, I love to see strong women in movies and video games, but 9 times out of 10 game developers or movie directors get it wrong.

linkroi

I don't know what to think... the animation looks rather odd... probably because of her too realistic body and she's not "cartoon" enough like the other characters

RainblowDash

Gold Member
Goddamn she has a nice ass!

I just started the game and fuck its pretty difficult...

Wonder if it'll be revealed why she looks all punk though.

Top Bottom