• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4 coming to Switch, PS5 and XSX|S March 12

Astorian

Free upgrade.

The PlayStation 5 brings It’s About Time to new heights with unparalleled visuals, supporting 4K at 60 FPS. Crank up your speakers and swim in the crisp, dynamic enhanced 3D Audio.

And it doesn’t just look and sound great, it feels great, too! The PS5’s DualSense wireless controller brings adaptive triggers to your fingertips. Feel the DNA change in objects hit by Neo Cortex’s blaster and feel the grip of Tawna’s Hookshot.

Last edited:

YCoCg

PC only via Battle.net is an odd choice, nothing like connecting your COD account to play some Crash.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Game was pretty blurry even on one X. Glad I havent gotten to it. Ill play it on Series X. Didnt expect a free upgrade from Actiblizz.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Battle.net thing doesn't shock me, that's the way they've been heading for a while now.

Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob are absolutely killing it with the remakes and now reboots of old franchises, expect to see a lot more further down the line, all on Battle.net only on PC.

I expect THPS 3 + 4 and a new Spyro game are next on the block.

CamHostage

Tony Hawk 1+2 on Switch next, please...?

Vicarious Visions and Toys for Bob are absolutely killing it with the remakes and now reboots of old franchises, expect to see a lot more further down the line, all on Battle.net only on PC.

And then, Activision went ahead and "killed" Vicarious Visions by merging them into Blizzard and dissolving the studio structure. Maybe Toys for Bob can keep at it alone (they for a long time collaborated with or traded franchise with Vicarious, but it's obviously an established and viable team,) as the sole Classics Studio for Activision, but as a fan of these well-done reboots, I'm worried that the parent company is tiring of this audience again.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Battle.net thing doesn't shock me, that's the way they've been heading for a while now.

To me it's shocking. I understand that COD fans would switch launcher to persue such a massive game, but Crash? Doesn't make any sense. You even have EGS for those extra greedy.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
And then, Activision went ahead and "killed" Vicarious Visions by merging them into Blizzard and dissolving the studio structure. Maybe Toys for Bob can keep at it alone (they for a long time collaborated with or traded franchise with Vicarious, but it's obviously an established and viable team,) as the sole Classics Studio for Activision, but as a fan of these well-done reboots, I'm worried that the parent company is tiring of this audience again.

Yeah, I imagine the idea is to get help from the VV talent on the D2 remake since the WC3 one was such a shitshow. I hope that this goes well and that the VV talent can still be put to good use again - I'm pretty sure Tony Hawk sold well and a 3+4 bundle using the framework they already have is free money.

To me it's shocking. I understand that COD fans would switch launcher to persue such a massive game, but Crash? Doesn't make any sense. You even have EGS for those extra greedy.

It's not about Crash alone though, it's about having enough collectively for people to make the switch. They've been slowly adding to that pile for a while now.

I often forget Battle.net is even a launcher, honestly, it's just second nature to me. I use Steam, never EGS yet beyond free games, but Battle.net is where my Warcraft and Diablo stuff is, and has been for a very long time. No getting off that train for me, I'd be okay getting stuff like Crash through it (though I won't since they keep releasing the PC ports after I already beat the games).

Gamezone

Gold Member
Yeah, I imagine the idea is to get help from the VV talent on the D2 remake since the WC3 one was such a shitshow. I hope that this goes well and that the VV talent can still be put to good use again - I'm pretty sure Tony Hawk sold well and a 3+4 bundle using the framework they already have is free money.

It's not about Crash alone though, it's about having enough collectively for people to make the switch. They've been slowly adding to that pile for a while now.

I often forget Battle.net is even a launcher, honestly, it's just second nature to me. I use Steam, never EGS yet beyond free games, but Battle.net is where my Warcraft and Diablo stuff is, and has been for a very long time. No getting off that train for me, I'd be okay getting stuff like Crash through it (though I won't since they keep releasing the PC ports after I already beat the games).
People won't make the switch. EGS had huge grow last year due to its free games, but barely made more money.

AV

People won't make the switch. EGS had huge grow last year due to its free games, but barely made more money.

Bnet isn't something you "switch" to, it's supplementary. People have been playing games via Bnet since the 90s, we connected our individual game accounts together in 2009, and then it became a full launcher in 2013. The difference between it and EGS is that it already has a very longstanding userbase - as much as people (rightfully) shit on Blizzard, they keep buying their games. Blizzard sucks, but I'll be playing TBC Classic and paying them £10 a month for it happily.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I may be the only one here, but this was my least favourite Crash game and one that I'm not sure I really want to revisit.

The difficulty was super annoying. I finished the game, but it felt like a chore in the end.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Free upgrade? That's nice. I've yet to play the game so now I can play it at ultimate settings.

Top Bottom