• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot 4 coming to Switch, PS5 and XSX|S March 12

MMaRsu

Banned
Oh yeah we steam users are terrorists with npt wanting our games to be tied to an always online launcher😂😂😂

Was playing on ps4, the uneven frame rate gave me a headache, game is also not the good, with too many cheap deaths, will try it on the ps5, if i ever get hold of one. Ctr 60fps patch more important tho, devs get on it plz

Last edited:

Fbh

Might pick it up on PC when it's out but fucking battle.net is disappointing.

It's not some "Steam elitist" shit. I just don't really care for Blizzard games, and having to keep Battle.net installed for 1 game is annoying. Not to mention it will probably hurt sales and then they'll use "low sales on PC" to not release future games (or CTR some day...why the fuck isn't that on PC yet anyway)

Maybe this question belongs in the OT but I might as well ask. I played Crash 4 on the PS5 recently and I noticed that Crash is bit more responsive in terms of control. Is this due to the PS5? And will this Ps5 60 FPS help? At least in the more demanding levels to 100% (which is, to say, most of them, lol)

Kataploom

Gold Member
Good, it's probable it's gonna find a place on Switch due to audience. I'll prob get it there and gf surely will.

Won't be buying it solely because of this. Fuck these greedy companies screwing over their customers for a fucking margin.
I'm the first to complain to EGS, they definitely are morons with their business practicess but in this case I don't see what's the matter, they're not trying to hurt any other business, just add value to theirs using their own content.

Last edited:
S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
This one is right up there with kingdom hearts 3 and shenmue 3 for most disappointing sequel.

It was $60 and bad.
Bullshit, this is easily among the best platformers of the last years and exactly what Crash needed after a decade full of shovelware.

Fox Mulder

Nice to get it out on switch and pc. I want more Crash or another Spyro.

it’s a great game, although one I won’t fully complete like the original trilogy. The levels were too long and the completion aspect was made way too tedious.

Justin9mm

1080p was so blurry, really cant wait to see this in 4k
Was it really 1080p. I was playing it on my PS4 Pro when released and first thing I noticed is the blurriness and it didn't look so crisp but I assumed it was still rendered higher than 1080p.. How can the PS4 Pro not handle higher than 1080p for this type of game lol

TexMex

I never cared for the original trilogy - but this game is seriously fantastic and one of the best platformers I played in years. Excited to run through it again on PS5. Hope more people play it.

Methos#1975

Was it really 1080p. I was playing it on my PS4 Pro when released and first thing I noticed is the blurriness and it didn't look so crisp but I assumed it was still rendered higher than 1080p.. How can the PS4 Pro not handle higher than 1080p for this type of game lol
It's 1080p on both the Pro and X with drops to lower resolutions

Shakka43

Nice I'm only about half way done with game so I'll to complete it after the PS5 update. Game is fun but kinda frustratingly hard at times, crash 2 is still the goat.

Kagey K

Banned
Wondering about the value of bringing games that maybe weren't designed for 4k to 4k...
The artists work to bring to highest res best looking textures they can to the game, only to see all their art bastardized upon the game release.

It’s not that the art and textures arent ready it’s that the companies choose to cut those assets first.

You can see that in the enhanced BC games on Xbox.

Every game should look as good as it can, and downressing the art some of these people put in seems like a disservice to them.

MacReady13

This was one of my fav games of 2020. I hope plenty of people buy this game now it’s on Switch and next gen. It’s so bloody good!

hroerekr

It didn’t sell well? Why?

I don't know why. The game is good and the trilogy was a big success.
Some people say the price was a factor, but I'm not sure how to quantify the impact.

Anyway, the game will now be available in more platforms and can benefit from the Switch's success and the PS5 version "relaunch".

leo-j

Digital foundry claims the ps5 version looks like a CGI cartoon at 2160p and 60fps. I want to get it but idk about spending $59.99 on it.

iorek21

Hated this game back on October, now I can hate it in 4K! And that’s about it.

Crash 4 is among one of the few games I genuinely hate for a lot of reasons. I don’t know if that’s why sales were subpar, but this game has several design flaws and poor choices.

leo-j

keeping the rez high - nope ;d docked 648p, portable 540p
Are they really using low res screen shots of the base ps4 game ....... digital foundry shows a major difference in resolution, half the frame rate, and there are downgrades , but the game running on switch is impressive none the less.

wvnative

Can somebody on Xbox Series X/S help me?

I had the xbox one version on my xbox one x, upgraded to Series X at christmas and put away my One X.

Basically microsoft's smart delivery has screwed me out of my save file.

You gotta start the One version to upload your save, but now that it's trying to update to the SX version, it won't boot the One version now. Only way to boot it is to kill the internet, but then save upload won't work. Not that it matters, my save file from Xbox One is gone because the Xbox just auto-syncs when you boot a game up and I hadn't booted crash 4 since upgrading.

In short, with Smart Delivery it's impossible to boot the Xbox One version, and even if I could, not being able to boot while connected to Xbox Live means that I never was able to pull the Xbox One save anyway to my SX.

I fucking hate the entire Xbox experience, everything is so convoluted under the guise of being "Easy"

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Just downloaded the PS5 version and gave it a quick spin....will play more later, but from what i've played it's a huge improvement over the PS4 version.

-4K at 60fps (It definitely is smooth as hell and feels amazing and snappier to control, IMO)
-Load times are pretty much non-existent

You have the option to import your PS4 save if you want before you begin, but i'm starting over from scratch to get the full PS5 experience.

Overall, it's a huge improvement compared to the PS4 version! :messenger_sunglasses:

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Hated this game back on October, now I can hate it in 4K! And that’s about it.

Crash 4 is among one of the few games I genuinely hate for a lot of reasons. I don’t know if that’s why sales were subpar, but this game has several design flaws and poor choices.
It’s annoying to play despite being well designed in some other aspects. I’m with you on this. I love platforming games generally speaking.

Fox Mulder

is this game fun? worth it?

It’s fun and looks nice. The masks add something new with the platforming abilities. I played through it once and moved on though.

I think they broke the fast Crash gameplay a bit trying to justify a $60 price. The levels are long with multiple stages and there’s like 500 crates to smash in levels now.

I have zero desire to go for 106% completion like I loved with the nsane trilogy because they made it way more tedious.

Top Bottom