• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Community

Motwera

Banned
ThumpCrashFan5aWeb.jpg

http://zembillas.blogspot.com/2014/04/whats-this-crash.html
Please click the link to see the full story..
Also...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=FvGqFPrju0A

The only Crash game I've played is Wrath of Cortex :( all I remember was that it had fucking horrible loading times and that I sucked at it.

I wanna play the naughty dog games on my Vita, Sony whyyyyy

So I've been working on updating this avatar since before PSASBR came out, and now that it's finished, I thought it would be a good idea to put it here.

7YyGcZo.png

New avatar up for grabs!

Blues1990

My friend had got the first three PS1 Crash games, and we are going to do a marathon next weekend & try to complete them 100%. I've never played them before, so I'm going in with a fresh pair of eyes.

sn00zer

My friend had got the first three PS1 Crash games, and we are going to do a marathon next weekend & try to complete them 100%. I've never played them before, so I'm going in with a fresh pair of eyes.

Be warned 100% Crash games is really fucking hard and frustrating......I would at the very least get a guide

TheOGB

Banned
Wow, PatStrikesBack did these? Nice, didn't know he did music.

Be warned 100% Crash games is really fucking hard and frustrating......I would at the very least get a guide
Yep, Crash 1 is a motherfucker to 100%, 2 is challenging but not as bad as 1, and Warped is... easier than 2 in one way, but harder in another (time trials). Have fun.

sn00zer

I have Crash Team Racing at 101% (thats the max I think). But I guess it is easier than the platformers.

CTR is actually fun to 100%, unlike the platformers...I would ad vise against trying to 100% them.....Spyro on the other hand is very fun to 100%

StoopKid

Didn't see this mentioned in the thread yet. Apparently, Spyro: Year Of The Dragon has a playable near-complete beta of Crash Bash inside its demo. You just need to enter a cheat code and most of the mini games become playable. It even works on the PSOne Classics version. Pretty neat considering the game hasn't been released on the PSN store excluding Japan. I've been playing it for a bit and it seems decent. Just a heads-up for those who don't know.

That's pretty crazy I never knew that.

Crash Team Racing has by far he best battle mode in any Kart racer game today!!!

Man I miss those days. Not even the sequels could rival it.

What happened to Tiny?

200px-Tinytitans.jpg
185px-Tinycrash3art2.PNG

Oh wow, I forgot all about this.
I guess they didn't realize that Tiny was a Thylacine(Tasmanian Tiger).
:p

Edit: Btw Crash always had the best evil henchmen out of the big 3 mascots in the PS1 era.
The villain designs in the ND Crash trilogy have greatly influenced my own character designs, and art style.

Well yeah, the sequels were headed by completely different teams.
I also don't know why Crash Team Racing got so much hate.

It was much better designed than Mark Kart 64.

MK64 felt so 2d when playing. Go look at a video of the two games side by side.

CTR was so much better than MK64.

Man that Battle to Battle mode was so great!!!!

QQ

Didn't see this mentioned in the thread yet. Apparently, Spyro: Year Of The Dragon has a playable near-complete beta of Crash Bash inside its demo. You just need to enter a cheat code and most of the mini games become playable. It even works on the PSOne Classics version. Pretty neat considering the game hasn't been released on the PSN store excluding Japan. I've been playing it for a bit and it seems decent. Just a heads-up for those who don't know.

Damn! i never heard about this before, that's really cool.

I remember my very first experience with Playstation was the first CB back in the day, it blew me away. jumped from Genesis/SNes to PS1 & the rest was history.

I picked up the first three Naughty Dog developed games via the recent PSN sale, gonna be some good times on my Vita.

PaulloDEC

You deserve to be disappointed. Sony does not own the i.p.

I don't even for a moment expect anything Crash-related at E3, but why do people keep taking the attitude that Sony not owning the IP means anything? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sony didn't own the IP when the Naughty Dog games were made, they didn't own the IP when the Radical Entertainment games were made, and they don't own the IP now.

http://vimeo.com/94899541
A Crash Landed animation has been recently found..

Ha, that's great! Such a shame the Crash Landed games took a dive. At the very least they had some great art design going on.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I also don't know why Crash Team Racing got so much hate.

It was much better designed than Mark Kart 64.

MK64 felt so 2d when playing. Go look at a video of the two games side by side.

CTR was so much better than MK64.

Man that Battle to Battle mode was so great!!!!

QQ

Did it back in the day? It still got good reviews and whatnot. At least it's been vindicated by history. Still play it today with friends, and it never gets old.

Ha, that's great! Such a shame the Crash Landed games took a dive. At the very least they had some great art design going on.

Yeah, the test stuff for Crash Landed looked incredibly charming(The little Bandicoots were adorable).
I really wish it got off the ground, I'd love to see a really awesome Crash reboot that feels familiar and new at the same time.

^^^^^
I'd be one of the 10 people in the world to buy a PS4 for a SONY developed Crash Bandicoot platformer. Crash 2/3's art style rendered with the power of the PS4 would be a thing of absolute beauty.

Oh wow, I forgot all about this.
I guess they didn't realize that Tiny was a Thylacine(Tasmanian Tiger).
:p

Edit: Btw Crash always had the best evil henchmen out of the big 3 mascots in the PS1 era.
The villain designs in the ND Crash trilogy have greatly influenced my own character designs, and art style.

was not a fan of this change at all

old tiny was the best

rjc571

Banned
Thanks for the heads up!

Btw is Wraith of Cortex really as bad as people say? I remember beating it when it came out and thought it was an alright game. Haven't touched it since.

If Crash 1-3 was a popular music group, Wrath of Cortex would be like a tribute band. Not the same as the real thing, but still enjoyable to play.

Leyasu

Banned
CTR that game needs to come back..

The thought of playing against my mates on-line. Someone reboot it for fuck sake

TheOGB

Banned
If Crash 1-3 was a popular music group, Wrath of Cortex would be like a tribute band. Not the same as the real thing, but still enjoyable to play.
This is a pretty good way to put it, actually

edit: Watching the speedrun, the motorcycle levels of Crash 3 would have been a lot better if there was a drift mechanic

Five

Banned
Thanks for the heads up!

Btw is Wraith of Cortex really as bad as people say? I remember beating it when it came out and thought it was an alright game. Haven't touched it since.

It had some interesting ideas, but the character feel is slightly lesser and the level design isn't quite as good. The super-monkey ball stages are pretty neat, but it's a bit overzealous having four levels plus a boss. Comparatively, the invisibility power-up box only appears in one level, and there's only one or two places that you need to use the tip-toe ability, though that's probably for the better. The racing controls are pretty bad. The boss fights are actually pretty good, and in fact better than the ND games in my opinion.

So a bit of mixed bag. I liked it a lot and was happy to play it when I was younger, but now it gets replayed significantly less than Twinsanity and the originals.

Motwera

Banned

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Top Bottom