• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Community

Tizoc

Refresh my memory: Who owns the trademark/license, etc. of the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series?

Wonder how Crash got translated successfully into Japan?
Then read this research paper done in Stanford (2004):
http://web.stanford.edu/group/htgg/sts145papers/jdelahunt_2004_1.pdf
Found via the help of danyel (CM)

GOAT bump.

I already know vaguely through Andy Gavin's blog that it involved Shu Yoshida.

But I love a meaty read.

Refresh my memory: Who owns the trademark/license, etc. of the Crash Bandicoot and Spyro series?

bobby-kotick-the-devil.jpg

Tizoc

Wow, you'd think they'd sell those franchises and make a quick big buck but i fail to see why they're even holding on to it while doing 0 with the franchises.

At least Disney opened up and got Star Wars games and some classic LucasArts games available.

Dereck

Sony does not want to buy Crash Bandicoot because it would not be lucrative?

How much would Crash Bandicoot cost if someone wanted to buy it?

Daria

sorry for the bump but i thought it was an interesting read and didn't find anything in the search.

On Quora there was a question asked about how game developers packed games into so little memory years ago.

Dave Baggett who was half of the programming team on Crash Bandicoot for PS1 explained how they fit the entire game into 2MB RAM.

Here's a related anecdote from the late 1990s. I was one of the two programers (along with Andy Gavin) who wrote Crash Bandicoot for the PlayStation 1.

RAM was still a major issue even then. The PS1 had 2MB of RAM, and we had to do crazy things to get the game to fit. We had levels with over 10MB of data in them, and this had to be paged in and out dynamically, without any "hitches"—loading lags where the frame rate would drop below 30 Hz.

It mainly worked because Andy wrote an incredible paging system that would swap in and out 64K data pages as Crash traversed the level. This was a "full stack" tour de force, in that it ran the gamut from high-level memory management to opcode-level DMA coding. Andy even controlled the physical layout of bytes on the CD-ROM disk so that—even at 300KB/sec—the PS1 could load the data for each piece of a given level by the time Crash ended up there.

I wrote the packer tool that took the resources—sounds, art, lisp control code for critters, etc.—and packed them into 64K pages for Andy's system. (Incidentally, this problem—producing the ideal packing into fixed-sized pages of a set of arbitrarily-sized objects—is NP-complete, and therefore likely impossible to solve optimally in polynomial—i.e., reasonable—time.)

Some levels barely fit, and my packer used a variety of algorithms (first-fit, best-fit, etc.) to try to find the best packing, including a stochastic search akin to the gradient descent process used in Simulated annealing. Basically, I had a whole bunch of different packing strategies, and would try them all and use the best result.

The problem with using a random guided search like that, though, is that you never know if you're going to get the same result again. Some Crash levels fit into the maximum allowed number of pages (I think it was 21) only by virtue of the stochastic packer "getting lucky". This meant that once you had the level packed, you might change the code for a turtle and never be able to find a 21-page packing again. There were times when one of the artists would want to change something, and it would blow out the page count, and we'd have to change other stuff semi-randomly until the packer again found a packing that worked. Try explaining this to a crabby artist at 3 in the morning. :)

By far the best part in retrospect—and the worst part at the time—was getting the core C/assembly code to fit. We were literally days away from the drop-dead date for the "gold master"—our last chance to make the holiday season before we lost the entire year—and we were randomly permuting C code into semantically identical but syntactically different manifestations to get the compiler to produce code that was 200, 125, 50, then 8 bytes smaller. Permuting as in, "for (i=0; i < x; i++)"—what happens if we rewrite that as a while loop using a variable we already used above for something else? This was after we'd already exhausted the usual tricks of, e.g., stuffing data into the lower two bits of pointers (which only works because all addresses on the R3000 were 4-byte aligned).

Ultimately Crash fit into the PS1's memory with 4 bytes to spare. Yes, 4 bytes out of 2097152. Good times.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Hello fellow platformer fans. As a mainly Nintendo guy I did not own a PlayStation growing up and still had a lot of fun with Crash Bandicoot on my cousin's consoles. Now I want to own and play all the games in the right order,

I've already bought:
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex (GCN)
Crash Twinsanity (XBX)
Crash of the Titans (Wii)
Crash Bandicoot: Mind of Mutants (Wii)

I'm still on a lookout to buy Crash Bandicoot 1, though it is not easy to find with my budget of 20-25&#8364; for it (going for 30-40 most of the time at ebay, so might still take a while; still, I remember liking it way less than 2 and therefore I don't want to pay significantly more). Now I've remembered there were also three GBA games which are not too expensive:
Crash Bandicoot XS
Crash Bandicoot N-Tranced
Crash Bandicoot Fusion

Are these three worth their time? They should all be obtainable for ~10&#8364; each, so price does not seem to be a huge issue here.
Also, with those games listed above and the three GBA games, would I still be missing any Crash Bandicoot platformers? Would I be missing any important / good ones?
Finally: Any particular order I should play them in? I was going for the chronological order listed above with the PS1 games put on PSP, then, when I start the GameCube one, playing the GBA games concurrently should I buy them.

EDIT: I'm in particular asking because there are sometimes several games sharing the same name but which are completely different, for instance Sonic Unleashed Wii and Sonic Unleashed 360 have nothing in common gameplay-wise. So it is easy to miss games this way. I know the 360 and Wii version of the last two Crash games are identical, but that's probably not true for the DS versions of either.

G0523

Hello fellow platformer fans. As a mainly Nintendo guy I did not own a PlayStation growing up and still had a lot of fun with Crash Bandicoot on my cousin's consoles. Now I want to own and play all the games in the right order.

Now I've remembered there were also three GBA games which are not too expensive:
Crash Bandicoot XS
Crash Bandicoot Fusion

Are these three worth their time? They should all be obtainable for ~10€ each, so price does not seem to be a huge issue here.
Also, with those games listed above and the three GBA games, would I still be missing any Crash Bandicoot platformers? Would I be missing any important / good ones?
Finally: Any particular order I should play them in? I was going for the chronological order listed above with the PS1 games put on PSP, then, when I start the GameCube one, playing the GBA games concurrently should I buy them.

Chronologically is perfectly fine. Keep in mind if you do get Crash 1 it's pretty hard (PSP save states make this so much better though). Also, I'm not so sure if you'd be into Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant as they are radically different games than the previous ones: gameplay, graphics, everything. If you have a 360 though there is a demo for one of them available.

As for the GBA games, I've only played Crash: The Huge Adventure (or XS as you called it) and it was pretty fun for a handheld game. It's mainly a side-scroller so if you're into those you'd probably be into that. I think N-Tranced plays the same way but I haven't played it. Crash Purple (or Fusion) has the same gameplay as well but incorporates enemies and worlds from the Spyro universe.

Yoshi

Chronologically is perfectly fine. Keep in mind if you do get Crash 1 it's pretty hard (PSP save states make this so much better though). Also, I'm not so sure if you'd be into Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant as they are radically different games than the previous ones: gameplay, graphics, everything. If you have a 360 though there is a demo for one of them available.
You can make save states with the PSP emulator? How that? I don't intend on cheating though, I'm quite well-versed in platformers. Also, I know CoT and MoM are not all that great, I've played throught htem once already, because I reviewed them, I still want to replay them for completion (also I've only rushed through them back then, probably missed a bit of additional stuff).

{quote]As for the GBA games, I've only played Crash: The Huge Adventure (or XS as you called it) and it was pretty fun for a handheld game. It's mainly a side-scroller so if you're into those you'd probably be into that. I think N-Tranced plays the same way but I haven't played it. Crash Purple (or Fusion) has the same gameplay as well but incorporates enemies and worlds from the Spyro universe.[/QUOTE]While I don't like Spyro, this is mainly a gameplay thing, having some enemies or themes from Spyro shouldn't bother me, as long as the game itself is good :).

G0523

You can make save states with the PSP emulator? How that? I don't intend on cheating though, I'm quite well-versed in platformers. Also, I know CoT and MoM are not all that great, I've played through them once already, because I reviewed them, I still want to replay them for completion (also I've only rushed through them back then, probably missed a bit of additional stuff).

Oh emulator! I thought you were playing them on an actual PSP. Never mind. Lol.

Yoshi

Oh emulator! I thought you were playing them on an actual PSP. Never mind. Lol.

Yes, with an actual PSP, but I'm using the PS1 emulator within the PSP, I think you did understand me correctly.

TheOGB

Banned
Hello fellow platformer fans. As a mainly Nintendo guy I did not own a PlayStation growing up and still had a lot of fun with Crash Bandicoot on my cousin's consoles. Now I want to own and play all the games in the right order,

I've already bought:
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot 3
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex (GCN)
Crash Twinsanity (XBX)
Crash of the Titans (Wii)
Crash Bandicoot: Mind of Mutants (Wii)

I'm still on a lookout to buy Crash Bandicoot 1, though it is not easy to find with my budget of 20-25&#8364; for it (going for 30-40 most of the time at ebay, so might still take a while; still, I remember liking it way less than 2 and therefore I don't want to pay significantly more). Now I've remembered there were also three GBA games which are not too expensive:
Crash Bandicoot XS
Crash Bandicoot Fusion

Are these three worth their time? They should all be obtainable for ~10&#8364; each, so price does not seem to be a huge issue here.

EDIT: I'm in particular asking because there are sometimes several games sharing the same name but which are completely different, for instance Sonic Unleashed Wii and Sonic Unleashed 360 have nothing in common gameplay-wise. So it is easy to miss games this way. I know the 360 and Wii version of the last two Crash games are identical, but that's probably not true for the DS versions of either.
Crash Purple/Fusion is more minigames than platforming. Rather, there's platforming to get to the minigames, which are the actual "meat" of the game, as I recall. I'd say you can skip it, tbh. Huge Adventure/XS and N-Tranced were both pretty decent, though. The order you wanted to play them in sounds good too.

And yes, stay away from the handheld versions of CotT and MoM. Unless it's CotT DS.

G0523

Yes, with an actual PSP, but I'm using the PS1 emulator within the PSP, I think you did understand me correctly.

Oh right. Lol. Sorry. Anyway, as far as save states go for PSP, I think if you pause the game and then put it on Hold or something, it'll essentially be on standby, won't it? It's not like how save states are nowadays but it's better than nothing.

Yoshi

And yes, stay away from the handheld versions of CotT and MoM. Unless it's CotT DS.

I've looked a few Youtube videos, the GBA version of CotT seems to be a standard sidescrolling Crash Bandicoot game, CotT DS a Crash Bandicoot 1-4 style game and MoM a floaty 2d platformer / brawler, right? What's wrong with the GBA version of CotT?

Crash Bandicoot 1 came yesterday and I've started playing it a bit, thanks to the password system I can just play it on the PS2, even though I don't have my PS1 memory card here. It's really fun, though sometimes a bit rough. In particular there was a level where there were bears throwing barrels at you which bounced, but didn't have a shadow. It was near impossible to get through the level without learning the positions the hit close to the end. Before you could circumvent interacting with them by doing some wild diagonal jumps, but at the end of the level this wasn't possible anymore. Also in the last level I've played, The High Road, there was this invisble bridge with holes you had to take in order to get all boxes. What were the guys at Naughty Dog thinking here?

Other than that I enjoy the high degree of difficulty and the general gameplay, but the saving system is really a bit strange and I wonder why they made it so complicated. In particular not saving you have beaten a level when saving you have collected all boxes. That's just strange...

The other Bandicoot games don't have a password system, right?

rjc571

Banned
Bears throwing bouncing barrels? Is that one of the levels that takes place inside the power plant? It's been a long time since I played the first game, but I remember the barrels having a pattern which made them pretty easy to dodge, even if they didn't have shadows. The sky bridge levels were a total bitch, though.

Nope, unfortunately for you the second and third games don't have a password save feature, so you'll have to get a memory card or play them in one sitting.

TheOGB

Banned
I've looked a few Youtube videos, the GBA version of CotT seems to be a standard sidescrolling Crash Bandicoot game, CotT DS a Crash Bandicoot 1-4 style game and MoM a floaty 2d platformer / brawler, right? What's wrong with the GBA version of CotT?
I guess the worst I could say from memory about Titans GBA is that it isn't worth your time, and you're really not missing much by skipping it. It was boring, the platforming was dull and the combat wasn't very fun. (Tangentially related, but Legend of Spyro: Eternal Night GBA, on the other hand, had a surprisingly deep and fun combat system, and some decent platforming too)

Titans DS plays out like a better realized version of the GBA game, but with gameplay more akin to the classics like you noted. It can be a bit rough around the edges at times, but it was actually kinda fun.

MoM DS was... eugh. I have frustrating memories of that game.

The other Bandicoot games don't have a password system, right?
Nope, Crash 2 and onwards are much more straightforward. Walk up to the big screen in the Warp Room to save and load a game. Always available, no passwords to jot down or bonus levels to jump through, all you need is a memory card. Twinsanity and on have autosave (or at least the option to save in the pause menu).

Yoshi

Bears throwing bouncing barrels? Is that one of the levels that takes place inside the power plant? It's been a long time since I played the first game, but I remember the barrels having a pattern which made them pretty easy to dodge, even if they didn't have shadows. The sky bridge levels were a total bitch, though.
Yes, it's a factory level. Yeah, you can learn where they hit the ground, but that was basically my point: You also need to do that. I don't like it if a platformer level is not properly playable without memorising an enemy pattern. It's fine if it is too difficult but possible in principle, but with the barrels, the game does not give enough information to do it properly on the first try. And yes, I've played two bridge levels so far, one being the one I commented on above, with the invisible bridge, the other one I've only run through once, I couldn't get all boxes yet - and I'm not looking forward to trying that at the moment.

Nope, unfortunately for you the second and third games don't have a password save feature, so you'll have to get a memory card or play them in one sitting.
I will just play them on the PSP or my PS1 when it returns to me :). I do have a PS1 memory card, but the PS2 is quite picky in that regard.

Thanks for the more detailled comments on the remaining handheld Crashs, I've ordered N-TRanced and the DS version of Titans :).

EDIT: Even though saving is a bit simpler in Crash 2 & 3, do I remember it correctly that on those game you also need to break the boxes in the bonus areas? I was quite releieved I didn't need to do that in Crash 1, as it really is quite demanding most of the time.

TheOGB

Banned
EDIT: Even though saving is a bit simpler in Crash 2 & 3, do I remember it correctly that on those game you also need to break the boxes in the bonus areas? I was quite releieved I didn't need to do that in Crash 1, as it really is quite demanding most of the time.
There are no special requirements to save a game after the first Crash Bandicoot.

You only need to break all the boxes in a level if you want a gem, but getting a gem is not tied to saving. You can save whether you get a crystal, a gem, or nothing at all. Save whenever you want, as much as you want.

Yoshi

There are no special requirements to save a game after the first Crash Bandicoot.

You only need to break all the boxes in a level if you want a gem, but getting a gem is not tied to saving. You can save whether you get a crystal, a gem, or nothing at all. Save whenever you want, as much as you want.

Ah yes, sorry, I was aware of this, my edit was just asking about the gem requirements, so if you want to complete the game 100%, you do need to break all boxes in the bonus areas, too, right?

TheOGB

Banned
Ah yes, sorry, I was aware of this, my edit was just asking about the gem requirements, so if you want to complete the game 100%, you do need to break all boxes in the bonus areas, too, right?
So I did misread that then :p

Yes, all the boxes in a level includes bonus areas.

SNURB

Hello everyone! I'm new here to the GAF Forums so allow me to share some interesting secrets.

Do you remember Dave Siller (Aero the Acrobat)? Believe it or not, he was the co-creator AND producer of Crash 1. He's set up a Facebook page dealing with the development of the first Crash game and boy, the stories he could TELL you. Over the past few weeks, Dave's revealed some interesting stuff about the treacherous relationship with Naughty Dog and Mark Cerny.

Dave's set up a Facebook page telling his stories. I'm the administrator of the page so if you look up "Crash Bandicoot - The Untold Story" and want to be a part of it, you're definitely welcomed to. Check out the video below for more of Dave's involvement, you'll be surprised:
http://youtu.be/FU8f9ods_Mw

Thanks, SNURB

robb_w7

Banned
im sure someone has said it.........but this needs a remaster!

C'mon

Is there a reason why this would never happen?

Hopefully Crash comes home to PlayStation, especially with Activision being in bed with Sony recently.
Hope so as I'm really dying for new CTR (Battle mode) or at least remaster so I could play with my friends online because this is the game that I've spent more time so far (next is Crash bash) in my life.

Yoshi

I'm about to wrap up Crash Bandicoot, though I can only play it on weekend days, due to the restrictive saving system. The difficulty seems to be really uneven. Even in the last world, chellenging levels like Slippery Climb are right next to easy ones like The Lab. I'm only missing four gems now, I've saved completion of all levels today. Crash was quite fun so far, though I'm looking forward two part 2 which I remember liking the most.

I hope I can find an Xbox or GameCube-style controller for PS2 and get my PS1 memory card back soon, because I feel the PSP d-pad will not do me good with Crash 2 if it is more challenging than Crash 1, where even the superior PS2 d-pad proved to be a hassle at times...

By the way, I hate this section at the beginning of Fumbling in the dark where there are boxes near the start, it didn't go well with d-pad controls imo.

I'm about to wrap up Crash Bandicoot, though I can only play it on weekend days, due to the restrictive saving system. The difficulty seems to be really uneven. Even in the last world, chellenging levels like Slippery Climb are right next to easy ones like The Lab. I'm only missing four gems now, I've saved completion of all levels today. Crash was quite fun so far, though I'm looking forward two part 2 which I remember liking the most.

I hope I can find an Xbox or GameCube-style controller for PS2 and get my PS1 memory card back soon, because I feel the PSP d-pad will not do me good with Crash 2 if it is more challenging than Crash 1, where even the superior PS2 d-pad proved to be a hassle at times...

By the way, I hate this section at the beginning of Fumbling in the dark where there are boxes near the start, it didn't go well with d-pad controls imo.

Crash 2 is definitely my favorite as well, having played through a majority of the series over the summer.

Crash 2 onwards can be played with analog control, actually, unless you prefer the d-pad for some reason. Crash 2 is more balanced difficulty wise than Crash 1 in my experience, it's nowhere near as aggravating in places.

As for Fumbling in the Dark -- definitely my most frustrating level in Crash 1.

SNURB

Looks like his Facebook page has been taken down. Activision perhaps?

Sorry about that. Facebook for some unworthy reason, doesn't allow links to be shared in public areas.

Try searching "Crash Bandicoot - The Untold Story" on FB, you'll find it that way for sure.

SNURB

Dave started a page a few weeks back but was taken down shortly after because it was an actual account. Try this video and check the description maybe, it should pop up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyjoSsHJVFY

Trust me guys, Dave was hands-on in the development. He, along with many others close to the project, were written out of the history books because ND's overinflated ego at the time. The man himself was responsible for giving ND work and they screwed him in the end. Wanna know how Josh Mancell (the composer) got involved? Dave WAS the guy who hired Josh to score the game. Here's what Dave had to say about finding the right people to compose the game,

As mentioned in an earlier response, I hired Mark Mothersbaugh and his Mutato Muzika operation to do the music for Crash Bandicoot. The Naughty Dog guys went snowboarding and didn't want to get involved with this, except to try to bitch slap me. I got his contact from someone else at Universal Studios through Rob Biniaz contacts. Mark came to our offices and was wearing a frilly brown coat and green sunglasses, but he was cool. We hit it off, so I hired him. I then prepared and sent him an outline and description of the type of music we wanted. He and his group nailed it! I sent him a message telling him how much we loved the new culture pop music they were creating. The following days later, as I came to work, Rubin called me angrily into his private office and shut the door. He processed to yell at me using many curse words.

Apparently Dan Kollmorgan, the sound programmer had reported to Rubin a discussion he had had with Josh Mancell, Mark Mothersbaugh's associate at Mutato Muzika. What was the problem? Well, I sent a message to Mothersbaugh that as "Producer" I would be the point person for them to deal with and not to deal with Naughty Dog directly. I was told by Mark Cerny and Rob Biniaz to handle this relationship that way. They did not want everyone at Naughty Dog communicating and possibly confusing the direction of their work. I was a "soldier under command" so I did that.

Back in Rubin's office, he was angry at me about "this letter" and then threaten my life. He said I was going to be sorry! I did NOT report this to management or anyone one else at that time. I was a mature adult who could take this and I wasn't afraid of Rubin as I came from a tough neighborhood and had loads of associates myself. Rubin's father was a lawyer and I suppose told him to always act tough or people will shit on you. Those tactics do NOT work, but that was the final straw. Mark Cerny then used this severed relationship to get involved as Sony had just arrived. He said quote "They don't like you!"....

Speak about failing to support your own directive and your employee.

Jason Rubin was an asshole and Cerny was an opportunist (he didn't even back up David despite this whole thing being partly his responsibility). I think the latter comes off as more surprising to most people, but I bet no one ever thought things got this bad either way.

Yoshi

After having finished Crash Bandicoot 1 (the last few gems and the boss were surprisingly easy), I've started playing Crash of the Titans DS and it is basically a slower "classic" Crash, so that's nice, but it also seems to be extremely short, having only eight levels. The funny thing is, when seeing the box, I remembered I might have reviewed the game back then. But even while playing it I remember absolutely nothing of the game. Having looked it up, I indeed did review the game back when it released (not so clever to throw the game away among with a heap of other old review copies, that decision cost me 7€), but it must be one of the least remarkable games ever. I still agree with my opinion back then, which is a good thing, I guess. Funnily enough, I remember no details about the two levels I have played so far, so chances are, I will forget most of the content of the game again.

Also I'm still wondering if I should get CoT GBA and MoM DS too, to complete the Crash platformer collection or not... Doesn't help that I've also reviewed MoM DS, remember nothing about it and my review of that was quite negative, with "It is not a complete disaster" being one of my most favourable lines...

TheOGB

Banned
Which Crash 3D games after the original game (a) follow the style of linear 3D platforming and (b) are good? Thanks!
Just Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity.

Wrath of Cortex is basically early next-gen Crash 3. It's a decent game, if a bit bland.

Twinsanity has open world hubs connected by linear levels. Quality ranges from decent to good; it's fun, but it's got a bit of jank here and there.

rjc571

Banned

Wrath of Cortex is basically early next-gen Crash 3. It's a decent game, if a bit bland.

Twinsanity has open world hubs connected by linear levels. Quality ranges from decent to good; it's fun, but it's got a bit of jank here and there.

I think you misread his post. Unless you're claiming Crash 2 and Crash 3 aren't good. Which would be preposterous.

maxcriden

I think you misread his post. Unless you're claiming Crash 2 and Crash 3 aren't good. Which would be preposterous.

I meant to say original trilogy and not game. So hopefully he's answering me correctly on that assumption. Thanks, OGB!

Dereck

Hopefully Crash comes home to PlayStation, especially with Activision being in bed with Sony recently.
There are too many hoops to jump through and it doesn't make much lucrative sense. Even if Sony were to buy the IP, they would only buy it if it was worth the investment. Are they gonna get Naughty Dog to develop a new Crash game? Even so, supposedly the team that developed the original trilogy is dispersed so to speak.

Naughty might be done with cartoony games anyway, just because Sony buys the IP, it doesn't mean that Naughty will develop the next game. If they don't develop it, who will?

If it isn't the original Crash team then it'll end up just like Crash Mind Over Mutant, not in terms of gameplay, in terms of the IP, once again being misinterpreted by another studio and the fans getting upset about it.

crash 1 was one of the first games i ever played when i was 5 (now 23) and i am still playing them to this day on both my ps3 and my psvita

also couldn't not share this on the crash thread

my collection (signed by Andy Gavin)

11053871_1014126168612023_8046383890312166270_o.jpg

Yoshi

Which Crash 3D games after the original game (a) follow the style of linear 3D platforming and (b) are good? Thanks!

I'm playing through all Crash games right now and will write a small text explaining the game and my experience with it here, only leaving out Crash 2 and 3 for now to find a way to play them with a controller where the left analogstick is swapped with the dpad compared to the Dual Shock :).

maxcriden

I'm playing through all Crash games right now and will write a small text explaining the game and my experience with it here, only leaving out Crash 2 and 3 for now to find a way to play them with a controller where the left analogstick is swapped with the dpad compared to the Dual Shock :).

Thanks, Yoshi! I'm looking forward to that. What do you mean by swapped, though? Do you prefer to play the games w/ an analog stick?

Yoshi

Thanks, Yoshi! I'm looking forward to that. What do you mean by swapped, though? Do you prefer to play the games w/ an analog stick?

Since it is easier to hit the diagonals when using an analog stick and me fearing the games were designed with that in mind, I'd prefer that, yes. And since I'm moreover really not liking the stick positioning on the Dual Shock, I first need to find a way to play with a controller where the left stick is comfortable to reach for me.

Top Bottom