• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot Community

FYC

Banned
This OT was made by Motwera, he asked someone to post it.

AbRztjP.png

*Credits: Crash Icon by Crash Bandicoot Fans Unite Page
Font: Banlieue Disco by Xerographer Fonts

INFO:
  • This thread is dedicated to everything about Crash bandicoot universe, and its fanbase, in addition about its news and things..
  • Discussion or postal of fan game, art, or mod is fine, as long as its reasonable.
  • Even though new games can be discussed here, but don't forget that it is also in the gaming section as a standalone thread too..
  • We as a crash fanbase, have been recently been notorious about bashing Activision, favoring Naughty Dog without due credit to post PSX era is not allowed here, everybody has an opinion and a fact, deal with it or get out of the discussion.
  • The fanbase also has its own share of popular fansites, such as Crash Mania, Crash Mundo, Crash Wikia, and so on (With a new weblog, that is created by Motwera, called Crashy News), so if you don't mind getting out onto a little Internet search, you can find some very good information about each crash game, especially from Crash Mania, and Crash Wikia..
  • Oh yeah, don't spoil too much from recent crash games, not everybody has played it or completed it... Please put spoiler tag if you think or do have a spoiler in your post, thanks.

About Crash
"Crash Bandicoot is an American series of platform video games currently owned by Activision. The series, originally exclusive to the Sony PlayStation, was created by Andy Gavin and Jason Rubin during their tenure at Naughty Dog for Sony Computer Entertainment. Since its conception at Naughty Dog, the series has appeared on multiple platforms and gone through various developers and spans numerous genres. The series has a total of eighteen games and shipped over 40 million copies worldwide.

The games are mostly set on the fictitious Wumpa Islands, an archipelago situated to the south of Australia, although other locations are common. The main games in the series are largely platformers, but several are spin-offs in different genres. The protagonist of the series is an anthropomorphic bandicoot named Crash, whose quiet life on the Wumpa Islands is often interrupted by the games' main antagonist, Doctor Neo Cortex, who created Crash and now wants nothing less than his demise. It's usually up to Crash to defeat Cortex and foil any world domination plans he might have."

THE GAMES:
  • Main series
    1. Crash Bandicoot (1996/Naughty Dog/PlayStation, PlayStation Network)
    2. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (1997/ND/PlayStation, PlayStation Network)
    3. Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (1998/Naughty Dog/PlayStation, PlayStation Network)
    4. Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (2001/Traveller's Tales/PlayStation 2, Xbox, Gamecube, Xbox Originals)
    5. Crash Twinsanity (2004/Traveller's Tales/PlayStation 2, Xbox)
    6. Crash of the Titans (2007/Radical Entertainment/PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance, Symbian)
    7. Crash: Mind Over Mutant (2008/Radical Entertainment/PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS)
  • Racing:
    1. Crash Team Racing (1999/Naughty Dog/PlayStation, PlayStation Network)
    2. Crash Nitro Kart (2003/Vicarious Visions/PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, Game Boy Advance, N-Gage)
    3. Crash Tag Team Racing (2005/Radical Entertainment/PlayStation 2, Gamecube, Xbox, PlayStation Portable)
  • Party:
    1. Crash Bash (2000/Eurocom/PlayStation, PlayStation Network)
    2. Crash Boom Bang! (The last Crash release in Japan) (2006/Dimps
      AHHHHH
      /Nintendo DS)
  • Spinoffs:
    1. Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure/XS (2002/Vicarious Visions/Game Boy Advance)
    2. Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (2003/Vicarious Visions/Game Boy Advance)
    3. Crash Bandicoot Fusion/Purple: Ripto's Rampage (2004/Vicarious Visions/Game Boy Advance)
  • Mobile games:
    1. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D (2008/Polarbit/iPhone, iPod Touch, Zeebo, N-Gage 2.0)
    2. Crash Bandicoot: Mutant Island (2009/Glu Mobile/BlackBerry, Symbian)
    3. Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 (2010/Polarbit/iPhone, iPod Touch)
  • Cancelled games:
    1. Cortex Chaos (2005/Traveller's Tales/PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube)
    2. Crash Team Racing 2010 (2010/High Impact Games/PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii)
    3. Crash Landed (2010/Radical Entertainment and Renegade Kid/PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS)
    4. Crush Bandicoot (2004 Pitch/Magenta Software)
    5. Crash Bandicoot by Ty creators (2004/2005 Pitch/Krome Studios)
    6. Crash Team Tag Racing (DS version/Sensory Sweep)
    7. Mark Cerny's pitch (around 2000/"Crash's first free-roaming outing"
    8. Unnamed Vicarious Visions game (Poster one/late 2012 leakage/Cancelled a few years ago according to someone)
    9. Crash Clash Racing (Traveller's Tales/Twinsanity's creators/later CTTR by Radical)
MUSIC
Numerous composers have contributed music to the Crash Bandicoot series. Mutato Muzika and Josh Mancell were responsible for the music of the first four games. After the fourth game, numerous other composers were responsible for the music in other games. Steve Duckworth composed music for Crash Bash, Swallow Studios for The Wrath of Cortex, Ashif Hakik and Todd Masten for Crash Nitro Kart and Spiralmouth for Twinsanity. The music for Tag Team Racing was composed by both Spiralmouth and Marc Baril, while Crash of the Titans and Mind Over Mutant were composed by Baril alone.
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bash
The Wrath of Cortex
Crash Nitro Kart
Twinsanity
Crash Tag Team Racing
Crash of The Titans

Z5tiwHu.png
fAOAEcF.png
sevEwiX.png

The PSX games are on sale right now on PSN for those who are interested. Theyre currently not Vita compatible but there is always hope that one day they will be.

Silky

Banned

Still the best redesign in gaming history. So simple, yet so stylish.

I really, really like Crash of the Titans. That and Twinsanity are some of my favorite non ND titles. Traveller's Tales and Radical had the picture right.

Gangxxter

Nice OT!

I love Crash Bandicoot, especially PS1 games. Everything that was released after that didn't appeal to me, the games totally lost the Crash Bandicoot flair :(

All I want to say is that Crash Twinsanity is the best post-ND game and if people can, they should give it a try. It's a very "pure" platformer, just a little bit rough around the edges near the end.

I also want to bring up the question of which planets need to align for Naughty Dog to have one more go at the Crash franchise?

Tizoc

Subscribing! I plan on gettig mind over mutant psp since it works on the vita but anyone know if titans works on vita as well? For that matter howre th psp games overall if i want a platformer/action adventure game?

dvolovets

As far as Sony consoles go, I have a PS2 and a Vita. I've never played any of the Crash games but was always interested in checking them out. What are my options?

Yawnier

Banned
Cool OT, CTR is still my favorite kart racer ever and Crash 2 and Warped are some of my favorite 3D platformers too.

Tizoc

As far as Sony consoles go, I have a PS2 and a Vita. I've never played any of the Crash games but was always interested in checking them out. What are my options?
Do u use an eu account on ur vita? If so grab them from the eu store As they r vita compatible. Otherwise try to find the disc games and twinsanity.

Gangxxter

All I want to say is that Crash Twinsanity is the best post-ND game and if people can, they should give it a try. It's a very "pure" platformer, just a little bit rough around the edges near the end.

I also want to bring up the question of which planets need to align for Naughty Dog to have one more go at the Crash franchise?
Yeah, Twinsanity was not bad but sadly it didn't feel like a Crash Bandicoot game to me.

This would be sooo awesome if Sony would own the Crash Bandicoot IP and Mark Cerny would design/produce another Crash game for PS4.

Snaku

Banned
Warped was my first PS1 game, and I probably spent as much time playing it as any Mario on NES or SNES. Crash will always have a special place in my heart and my biggest fantasy is that Sony licenses it from Activision and gives it to Naughty Dog for a PS4 reboot.

Good OT. Some many Crash memories on PS1. I never knew about Cerny's pitch for a free-roaming game. Would've loved to have played that.

All I want to say is that it (hopefully) is already a known fact that Twinsanity is the best post-ND game. :)

No seriously, every time there is a topic about Crash, someone has the urgency to tell that Twinsanity is good. Not that I disagree with it.

Crash Bash was also quite fun.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
My kids and I do playthroughs of Crash 1 regularly, and now that CTR is on sale, I'll get them that too. Great character and concept design.

adelante

I remember spending a bit of time admiring the first game's detailed jungle levels. Graphics truly was amazing for its time. Have played Crash Bash and CTR, which was freakin awesome!! One of the best cart games ever.

Zalman

Man, this makes me wish Naughty Dog would create a spiritual successor to Crash, kind of like what Keiji Inafune and his team did with Mighty No. 9.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Alright this seems like a great place to ask!

Is the Wii version of 'Crash of the Titans' any different from the PS2 version?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
My God, Crash 2 and 3 were so great. And 2 is even better than 3. And CTR, how can I forget about that gem. I would totally pay 20 bucks / Euros for a remastered version with online multiplayer. That would be nuts, tits, and everything else fucking cool in the entire world.

I miss Crash so much ;_;

At least, Crash Nitro Kart's legacy will live on thanks to Mario Kart 8 :lol

The wiki says they were made for SCE, but they were part of a three-game deal for Vivendi. I think it was just exclusive for the PSX.

Tizoc

sO i'M watching that Crash 1 speedrun and something occurs to me:
In Crash one every item from a box needs to be picked up namely the 1-ups, Bonus stage tokens and the Aku Aku Mask. In later crash games you get the mask as soon as you break the box, yet in Crash 1 it needs to be picked up.
Did the developers do it like this taking into consideration that the games may be speedrun? I always thought they made it like that in case someone accidentally did a spin attack to add more to the 'challenge' aspect of the game.

This is the perfect place to ask this... The Crash games are on sale on the PSN for 4.99 I have some extra cash in my wallet to buy only one so which one will be my best purchase GAF

Crash 1,2,3 or Crash Team Racing

Orbis

I've always loved Crash games. When I was around 7 or 8 years old I used to draw my own level designs and hub maps. My levels were usually side-scrolling though because they were easier to draw.

I bought 1,2,3 and CTR and occasionally play them on my Vita. So good.

Top Bottom