• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot is in the new Skylanders Netflix show, talks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucSSNwu3FlU

Cv5fz82UsAAxJ_i.jpg

Here's a YouTube video of him showing up. It's from the brand new Skylanders Netflix original that dropped today. I have no interest in watching the show, but saw a clip posted on another site - and was pretty.... surprised, I guess?

How do you feel about the "new" Crash, GAF?

I hate the voice so much. So, so much.

Lock if superfluous, or whatever. This is like the only Crash stuff we've gotten lately outside of the levels in the newer Skylanders game.

Also, is this the first time Crash has fully talked outside of commercials?

Davey Cakes

I've never even played a Crash game before, other than a few minutes with the original demo.

Give him a new game, not a TV show. Sheesh.

BroBot

Can we get a "Pinocchio in the water" gif for Spyro? Because yikes...

I like the Crash character design though.

I don't really mind if he talks or so. The visuals looks cool, no tattoo. I enjoyed the episode. Silly, fun, just like Crash needs to be.
jPwpIeP.gif

Davey Cakes

Isn't Spyro just his Skylanders self? I mean, that's the current version of the character. How could you expect any different?

Jetku

I watched the first episode tonight. It was pretty great, in a Saturday morning cartoon way. I don't need to watch anymore though. If I was 8, I'd love it.

They did a great job with the castings.

Fj0823

Design is ace.

He can speak in the series, he better not speak in the remakes

Edit: You know what? The voice is fine, it fits the design, even if it contradicts the original games.

I like it way better than gibberish farts and burps Crash

v1lla21

I watched the first episode tonight. It was pretty great, in a Saturday morning cartoon way. I don't need to watch anymore though. If I was 8, I'd love it.

They did a great job with the castings.
Yeah I'm watching it right now, it's not bad at all.

Well he probably would sound Australian...yeah.
The games were based on the islands in between Australia and Papua New Guinea.

It's not bad honestly. If he had to have a voice, this would be it.

As a certain bobcat once said, what could possibly go wr--?

You know? He doesn't actually sound that bad.
Still weird to hear him say literally anything besides "WHOA".

Well, Crash's design is spot on, glad they nailed that.

Voice sounds like Ty the Tazmanian Tiger. It's not terrible...it's just not Crash.

And that Spyro design needs to be taken behind the shed.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Cartoon animal in kids show talks, people get upset.

I know he's not supposed to talk, it does sound a bit strange, but the kids watching this don't know and I don't think they care all too much.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Isn't Spyro just his Skylanders self? I mean, that's the current version of the character. How could you expect any different?
He doesn't actually walk or wear shoes like that, but it's also clearly part of a gag scene with Crash.

This is his normal look in the show:

skylanders-academy-93gilzj.jpg

Top Bottom