• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot, MediEvil, Spyro The Dragon, Resident Evil 2 remakes. What´s next?

With any luck how about a remake/ localization of Valkyria Chronicles 3.

Twisted Metal could be decent, I know they did on the PS3 and it was very underrated but if they did a remake of Twisted Metal 2, I'm sure that would do well.

JordanN

Banned
Posted for Daniel Pacheco Daniel Pacheco

Do you think you think we'll see anymore big name remakes from previous generations or perhaps even some lesser known titles?

Metal Gear Solid?
Technically, it already exists.
TaxOH8e.jpg

But it never left the Gamecube.

Last edited:

Enzo88

I would love Dino Crisis 1-2 and the Original Parasite Eve.
I also believe that FF6 is the FF that is most due to receive a remaster/remake treatment, but knowing SE, i am not even sure they will be done with FF7R by my lifetime.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Apart from the obvious SH, I would like to see Full Spectrum Warrior and The Getaway remastered.

Oh we need The Getaway remade completely lol I'd rather see them focus on The Getaway 3, but if Sony has the money, I'd like to see Bluepoint remake it completely and a new team do The Getaway 3

mango drank

Chrono Trigger as an AAA remake that looks like FFXV (but plays way better). Would be great to see Zeal and the ruined future re-imagined.

Ahaha, I just looked at the main world map: it's tiny. I'd forgotten about that. Yeah never mind, not sure CT had enough material for an AAA game of today. (Yeah, I know, the different locales are distributed across time instead of in one main world, but still, how would you traverse a globe this tiny in 3D, in the Epoch?)

Bullet Club

I just remembered another game that needs a remaster: 3D Dot Game Heroes by From Software. It only came out on the PS3 and looks and plays great on it, but would be even better on the current systems.

brap

Banned
I need a Tekken 3 remake. Vagrant Story, Tomba 2, The Legend of Dragoon, Threads of Fate, Einhander, and Legend of Legaia would also be nice :messenger_savoring:

Lilseb93

Dino Crisis and Legend of Dragoon. Silent Hill would be cool too, but that will never happen.

Last edited:
Ape Escape

ahahah Ape Scape, you can find a good remake into Metal Gear Snake Eater!

I also found this but not sure what it is...

But I would want it to be the same basic game, just with better graphics and maybe an expanded level or two,

Yes... I imagine again the fog and the sirens for PS4 and I want to cry...

Parasite eve 1 was an excellent game that was never released in eu

Ahh that´s why I only knew Parasite Eve 2. You know I saw some gameplays of PE1, but never see one in the retail or never meet anybody who play it.

TimeSplitters 2

This one remember me to Black for PS2... I didn´t know it.

MGS and RE3 would be great as well.

Yes indeed!

A remake of the first Fear Effect is currently in development.

Wow I didn´t remember of that game I love it. Thanks for the reminder.

And Is great to see a remake here! Good news. I want to get married with the protagonist.

Really difficult game and incredible. Do you think that the currently version would be For honor?

Vib Ribbon but in VR

First person that I see in forums asking for VR...

Probably Syphon Filter.

All the saga. I rather SP 2.

Hope So... I saw some fanmade remakes in youtube and now I need a real one.

Technically, it already exists.
TaxOH8e.jpg

But it never left the Gamecube.

Naaah! We want it at PS4!

Vagrant Story

Yeah, another one, I guess we need the most os PS1 catalog comming back to new gen consoles. haha.

Why would Konami ever apologize to the most ungrateful group of fans out there?

HAha Would be awesome create a Topic to reclame to Konami a new Silent Hill.

Bullet Club

Ok, That ´s why that so cool graphics... as graphics are ok you can still playing at PS3, aren´t you.

I am still using my PS3 for playing some games as Silent Hill 2 and 3 remasters and Lost Planet 2.
Yeah I still play it on the PS3, it's still good but a resolution boost would be nice.

Ni No Kuni is another PS3 game that still looks nice but could do with a resolution bump.

t's still good but a resolution boost would be nice.

Resolution is overrated hahaha this morning while I was taking my breakfast I fund Heidi on TV and my eyes start to bleeding. I don´t know how we could see this things on TV:

I think Heidi needs also a remake for PS4.

Mr Hyde

And What about Alundra. I don´t know how famous Alundra was but it was my first RPG:

One of my favourite games of all time. Would love a remake, or a reboot, or a sequel, anything that goes in the same spirits as the original. There have been multiple rumors over the year that Sony will pull out this IP again but it doesn´t seem to happen. But even if Alundra doesn´t get a second chance at the spotlight, he will always keep on traversing our dreams in hopes of a better future.

Last edited:

BONDO

For me personally...it needs to be Metal Gear.
Its probably not happening cause its included in the PS Mini, atleast that's my logic.

Dino Crisis is solid #2

For Honor is too different but I really like the system. Not your typical one attack button game - probably the best thing ever created by a Ubisoft developer.

Actually I don´t like very much For Honor, I rather Bushido Blade indeed.

There have been multiple rumors over the year that Sony will pull out this IP again

Where did you find that info!?? Will be a dream!

I don´t like most of the games thar PS1 mini bring again to the market... thay could select better ones.

Mr Hyde

Where did you find that info!??

On various internet sites. It was only rumors though, fake news, spread by "insiders" when big shows like E3 was around the corner. Nothing has been confirmed by Sony at all. They haven´t even hinted at a third entry or a reboot of the series.

Gex, since it was the second best selling new 90's platformer IP next to Sonic and Crash on consoles back then. Sonic>Crash>Gex>Spyro>Bubsy iirc.

Fbh

Sign me up for that Legacy of Kain remake.
A remake of MGS1-3 would also be the best possible future scenario for MGS since it wouldn't not requiere Konami to actually create a new game with new mechanics and a new story but they could rather focus on just making it look nicer

Chrono Trigger as an AAA remake that looks like FFXV (but plays way better). Would be great to see Zeal and the ruined future re-imagined.
I was always against this because I pictured it being given to Nomura whose style I just REALLY disliked.

But having seen how Dragon Quest XI turned out I think that would be an awesome team to work on it. They did a fantastic job bringing the Toriyama style to HD so they should feel right at home with Chrono Trigger. There's also a good chance they would keep it turn based instead of turning it into a crappy action RPG.

Last edited:
OH man, forgot about Mortal Kombat Deception.

MK Deception with mechanic fixes and all those cutscenes and open world exploration areas in Konquest in 4k with great textures? heck yes.

Also they should bring Konquest back in MK11.

KLoWn

A remake of Eternal Darkness would be the shit.

If it, against all odds, would happen they really should make it so you can't see the sanity effect meter. It's way to easy to realize what real or not with it there.

mango drank

But having seen how Dragon Quest XI turned out I think that would be an awesome team to work on it. They did a fantastic job bringing the Toriyama style to HD so they should feel right at home with Chrono Cross.

CT or CC? CT was Toriyama, CC was a completely different aesthetic. I could definitely see CT in DQXI's style, because of the Toriyama connection. I guess CC too, since it's very bright and colorful. But CT would be more interesting, since it's an older game, and a current-gen reimagining of it would be a bigger future shock than CC, which was already 3D. Also, CT was more popular than CC.

Although now I wanna play through CC again, haha. I haven't done a playthrough in at least 15 years, aaaaaaaa. I suddenly feel very old

Fbh

CT or CC? CT was Toriyama, CC was a completely different aesthetic. I could definitely see CT in DQXI's style, because of the Toriyama connection. I guess CC too, since it's very bright and colorful. But CT would be more interesting, since it's an older game, and a current-gen reimagining of it would be a bigger future shock than CC, which was already 3D. Also, CT was more popular than CC.

Although now I wanna play through CC again, haha. I haven't done a playthrough in at least 15 years, aaaaaaaa. I suddenly feel very old

Damn. Yeah was thinking about Chrono Trigger but for some reason wrote Chrono Cross lol.
And yeah if one of them should get a remake it's definitely Trigger, it's both the better game and the more popular one. Although it's not like I would mind seeing a modern version of Cross, it's not as good of a game (at least IMO) but it has one of my favourite art directions in gaming which would look amazing in HD (provided it's made by a talented enough team and with the right budget)

Sign me up for that Legacy of Kain remake.

Yes! This should be the first always. With collector´s edition haha.

A remake of MGS1-3 would also be the best possible future scenario

We have to pray to Konami to do it this + Silent Hill... We must pray to Konami every night indeed!

obviously BMXXX

Mmmmmm I prefer fisrt a Tony Hawks.

Mortal Kombat Deception.

And what about new Mortal combats? They aren´t good enought? hahahha

Jumping Flash VR

I will vomit if I play this. Do you think that you could play that game without getting dizzy?

And what about new Mortal combats? They aren´t good enought? hahahha

If you haven't played it you wouldn't understand the konquest mode talk. That would be killer with better graphics and more immersive world design. I'd like to see and explore all the realms in an HD Deception with a fixed fighting system and no bugs.

Ishma3L

I will vomit if I play this. Do you think that you could play that game without getting dizzy?

I think that would be part of the appeal. A first person platformer... a vertigo inducing, roller-coaster of a thrill ride, you strap to your face.

Last edited:
If you haven't played it you wouldn't understand the konquest mode talk.

Hey you´re right I didn´t try this mode.

I think that would be part of the appeal. A first person platformer... a vertigo inducing, roller-coaster of a thrill ride, you strap to your face.

Sorry Ishma3L Ishma3L but I can´t play these devices... I think that are not working well.

I love you Aya...

Top Bottom