• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy currently listed for Switch on Keymailer

Roo

Hey, you want a patch to fit those issues, or do you want the true crash bandicoot experience? cause you can't have both.
Vicarious Visions don’t see those as “issues” so it’s not like they’ll fix anything anyway.

MUnited83

For you.
Is there any concrete possibility of this game becoming multiplatform or everyone is just hoping/guessing/trolling?

The game literally wasn't ever described by Sony as exclusive anywhere
Sony Ireland Twitter first tweeted out that it was a exclusive, then got a call from the higher ups, deleted that and pretty much admitted it was a timed one
UI designer uploaded video with Xbox prompts
Activision owns the developer, the IP and the games. Sony doesn't publish anything on this.

The "concrete possibility" is around 100%. It's coming.

sense

"Let it go to other platforms"

LOL

The game will sell millions upon millions when it releases this holiday for all other systems.
Did that sentence really bother you.... my opinion was that Sony wouldn’t mind it going to other platforms now since the game has already sold well for them and probably pushed a decent amount of consoles. I do think If Sony were smart, they would have signed the deal through Black Friday atleast to push more consoles by bundling it. With rumors pointing to a December release that checks out.

"Let it go to other platforms"

LOL

The game will sell millions upon millions when it releases this holiday for all other systems.

It will but I don't see it selling more than the PlayStation version seeing as Crash heavily identifies with the PlayStation brand. But crash has been on many others with Skylanders so yeah

Floody

Activision's and Sony's silence on this is just really annoying, but also all you need to know that it's not a full exclusive.

Really not sure why Sony care at this point, no other platform will come close saleswises, probably all them combined would still be outsold by the PS4 version, the damage (for lack of a better term) is done.

do you think Activision made it a timed exclusive as charity to Sony or something?
The folks at Activision knew how dear Crash was to Sony. They clearly found it in their hearts ♥️ to let it be exclusive to a Sony platform, just like old times.

Exclusivity has been scientifically proven to enhance enjoyment of a given video game title. Not only was it a charitable gesture to Sony but to the true Crash fans as well

The folks at Activision knew how dear Crash was to Sony. They clearly found it in their hearts ♥️ to let it be exclusive to a Sony platform, just like old times.

Exclusivity has been scientifically proven to enhance enjoyment of a given video game title. Not only was it a charitable gesture to Sony but to the true Crash fans as well
You’ve got to be kidding me. There is no way someone actually believes this. They would forgo millions of dollars in profit for a charitable gesture?

This is sarcasm...please let it be.

pixelation

Oh yeah only MS money hat's right? All three do it and it was obviously done here - if the game gets released on other consoles.
Ease up, did i say that Sony doesn't "moneyhat" games?
do you think Activision made it a timed exclusive as charity to Sony or something?
I think it's known, how this Crash remake came to be. There was a Playstation ad with a trafic sign that had Crash in it and things starting escalating from there (a lot of interest by the Playstation crowd was shown).
It would be a solid purchase for me. I'm barely turn on my PS4 anymore :(
I have no clue as to what type of game you like, if you don't turn it on anymore it's not for a lack of quality content.
Probably just going of the rumor that it's a early December release. That popped up a few months ago.
Oh i see...
Is Liliana known to have inside info?
Not to my knowledge... perhaps?

Floody

It’s really hard to read Sony Gaf.

Eh, some times, but not this time.

Question is that would it still be $39?

If so, count me for triple dip
when it comes to Xbone too

Be shocked if it isn't. Pretty much every other timed exclusive as been the same price it was at the original release. Might get some extra bell & whistles, but not sure what they can add. The timed free DLC will probably be included is my guess.

Did that sentence really bother you.... my opinion was that Sony wouldn’t mind it going to other platforms now since the game has already sold well for them and probably pushed a decent amount of consoles. I do think If Sony were smart, they would have signed the deal through Black Friday atleast to push more consoles by bundling it. With rumors pointing to a December release that checks out.

I know you're heavily invested in the stupid ass console war but Sony has no say on the timeframe it releases on other consoles. Sorry to burst your bubble. And your opinion contradicts Sony's actions regarding this game and others like Nier/FFX/Diablo 3 amongst many others; they damn well mind and try their hardest to make people think the game is exclusive to PlayStation until they can't hide it anymore. Your original post was pretty cringeworthy.

The game literally wasn't ever described by Sony as exclusive anywhere
Sony Ireland Twitter first tweeted out that it was a exclusive, then got a call from the higher ups, deleted that and pretty much admitted it was a timed one
UI designer uploaded video with Xbox prompts
Activision owns the developer, the IP and the games. Sony doesn't publish anything on this.

The "concrete possibility" is around 100%. It's coming.

Yep, and you didn't even mention it being listed for XB1 by multiple European websites.

Why is it obvious?, what moneyhat?

See all the responses below and above your post.

Oh yeah only MS money hat’s right? All three do it and it was obviously done here - if the game gets released on other consoles.

They would be leaving money on the table if they didn’t bring this to Switch.

This game + Mario for the holidays will be absolutely insane.

I've never seen a exclusive get accidentally listed for other platforms as much as Crash has

I know, right?

People actually believe this here.

Ask Liliana Eileen, she seems to know something:

Nope, just common sense as many, many others here already explained.

Guys please let's not turn this thread into a console wars one.

We should be happy that more people get to experience a treat like this collection if it all is true.

black070

I'd double dip for some portable Crash. :)

I know you're heavily invested in the stupid ass console war but Sony has no say on the timeframe it releases on other consoles. Sorry to burst your bubble. And your opinion contradicts Sony's actions regarding this game and others like Nier/FFX/Diablo 3 amongst many others; they damn well mind and try their hardest to make people think the game is exclusive to PlayStation until they can't hide it anymore. Your original post was pretty cringeworthy.

This is a very OTT response to what he said, unless I'm missing something ?

Also worth noting that the game runs on the Skylanders engine, and also that Vicarious did the Switch version of Imaginators (source: the credits), so Vicarious already got most of the hurdles I'd imagine on a technical level in bringing the game to Switch.

Of course this is a more graphically complex game, but I'm sure Vicarious can make it work just fine. I just hope they don't rush it and make sure it's as polished as it can be, since Imaginators on Switch has a number of issues that no-one's bothered to patch yet...

Guys please let's not turn this thread into a console wars one.

We should be happy that more people get to experience a treat like this collection if it all is true.

It's a thread with Liliana Eileen scolding people for getting into "console wars" despite having a post history full of exactly that. I could have predicted it would devolve from a mile away (though that happens with Crash threads anyway).

This game is clearly not exclusive, we just aren't sure which platforms it's releasing on and when. Since it's Activision, they'll probably try to get it on everything.

TheOGB

Banned
I don't believe it, but I'd double dip.
Same.

There's really been no reason at all to expect the trilogy to come to any other console, we're just presuming because "Activision." But hey, if it does happen great, and I absolutely hope more people get to play Native Fortress.

I’m still not sure there’s a market for this collection outside of nostalgic PlayStation fans. Switch users will have a better selection of platformers to choose from and it’s never seemed like many Xbox fans have had much interest in the genre as a whole. I don’t believe the series has ever been particularly successful on non-PlayStation systems either, since it was Sony’s brilliant marketing campaign that was most responsible for its success in the first place.

sense

Dude, what is wrong with you? What a terrible attitude. Can’t you have a normal conversation without insinuating console wars. Sony obviously has no say in where it goes. I am talking about the deal they already signed which is stopping activision from releasing on other platforms at the moment and considering it already sold well, I am saying Sony wouldn’t mind if it was just 6 or 12 months as they probably benefitted from it already. I am not denying they are trying to make it look exclusive with their marketing but anyone with half a brain knows that if it was permanent exclusive they would be shouting from the roof about it so you don’t need to point out the obvious to me. It will most likely come out on other platforms. I was not being disrespectful to you so maybe not attack people or throw out accusations so freely.

Floody

I’m still not sure there’s a market for this collection outside of nostalgic PlayStation fans. Switch users will have a better selection of platformers to choose from and it’s never seemed like many Xbox fans have had much interest in the genre as a whole. I don’t believe the series has ever been particularly successful on non-PlayStation systems either, since it was Sony’s brilliant marketing campaign that was most responsible for its success in the first place.

Crash trilogy was huge and still is based on the success of the Remaster. It's got enough nostalgia tied to it that it'll do well on everything imo, as the people who played it as kids (mid 20s-30 year olds now) are likely to be a significant chunk of any platforms userbase.

Would have always done best on PlayStation, likely by a large margin too, but I'd be really surprised if it doesn't do well on everything it's put on.

What the fuck is wrong with you? This post is wayyyy needlessly agressive. Chill out dude, you’re projecting.

Top Bottom