• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N. Sane Trilogy is playable at Retail Kiosks Now

No video footage?
Son Im disappointed.

TBH I might go back tomorrow... I loved it enough...

Also, my friend's experience trying to track down the playable demo today:
8e4c617bea.png

Does anyone know if we're getting a limited edition or something? Every time I see this game listed, it says "Standard Edition". I want to preorder digitally, but if we're getting some cool physical stuff, I might hold off.

I wonder if there's any example of what the menu will look like? Wish I would have seen this today. Will have to check back in soon.

Unknown?

i'll check it out when it's on an xbox demo kiosk
Oh there'll be an Xbox version for sure. You get to the start menu and start the game, then there will be a short intro cutscene with Cortex laughing and saying you will need a PS4 to play this game. Then your disc drive dies immediately.

Drencrom

N. Sane Crash 1 is the definitive version of Crash 1. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shit so he doesn't feel as much like a fucking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium.

[...]

Nice, thanks for the impressions

Nice, glad you had a great time.
Did you get to play and complete all the levels from the demo or just 1-2?

I 100%ed N. Sanity Beach and Heavy Machinery (all bonuses included) and played what was available of Hang Eight (You can't complete it because you can't have the blue gem.)

I had the kiosk to myself for an hour basically. If I was back home in Massachusetts in a bigger town, I might have had a harder time, but at a GameStop in a small town in Southwest Virginia, there was nobody in my way :V

Roo

I 100%ed N. Sanity Beach and Heavy Machinery (all bonuses included) and played what was available of Hang Eight (You can't complete it because you can't have the blue gem.)

I had the kiosk to myself for an hour basically. If I was back home in Massachusetts in a bigger town, I might have had a harder time, but at a GameStop in a small town in Southwest Virginia, there was nobody in my way :V
lol awesome.
Wish I had the chance to play it but everyone is doomed outside US :(

Wrestleman can you confirm the framerate?

A lot of times in games I don't consciously acknowledge it unless it's trying to be 60 and not meeting it. Though that being said, from what I played I think it's locked 30, and it has flawless performance. I won't speak to whether they're targeting 60 for release, but I know one of the trailers had 60 gameplay in it. Perhaps on Pro.

Either way I can't stress enough how well the game performs. Not a single dip and there are some parts with intense particles and effects/post processing.

No battletoads either I take it.

Unfortunately.

Tapejara

Thanks for the Crash 1 impressions, Wrestleman. I think I still prefer the visual style of the originals (to be fair I have yet to see the demo in person), though the tweaks VV have made to the gameplay and the QoL improvements sound great. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Something I feel like is worth mentioning, this game has been in my head since I played it. I want more of it and can't have it and it's driving me nuts. I think pushing this demo out will do a lot of favors in terms of pushing more units. Would love to see it on PSN.

SNURB

I played the demo just a few hours ago. The game feels phenomenal. The videos online don't do the game justice up close. The environments looks amazing. I spent an hour at my GameStop and it was still so much fun. June 30th can't come soon enough.

DEFINITELY worth it if you ask me.

Something I feel like is worth mentioning, this game has been in my head since I played it. I want more of it and can't have it and it's driving me nuts. I think pushing this demo out will do a lot of favors in terms of pushing more units. Would love to see it on PSN.

You seem like a true fan. I respect that.

Also, thanks for the impressions. I never got around to the original Crash releases on PS1, but I love the gameplay (from what I've seen), so I'm kind of hyped for this.

alexbull_uk

I'm on holiday in Florida right now. Might see if there's a GameStop nearby with the demo.

I really wish they'd release the demo on PSN. I think it would do a lot of good.

Unknown?

I played the demo just a few hours ago. The game feels phenomenal. The videos online don't do the game justice up close. The environments looks amazing. I spent an hour at my GameStop and it was still so much fun. June 30th can't come soon enough.

DEFINITELY worth it if you ask me.
Wow can't wait to see it in 4K! :O

N. Sane Crash 1 is the definitive version of Crash 1. Hands down, bar none. The physics feel like Crash 1 but they turned off his weird inertia shit so he doesn't feel as much like a fucking runaway tractor trailer. So the box bridges and stuff are both "easier" and "harder". They feel like a good medium. The Brio bonus is a good example. Never once was the fucking up on my part anything but my fault.

Crash 1 has been made to feel more like Crash 2, NOT the other way around like SomeCallMeJohnny and Caddicarus and people were saying. The Crash 1 controls feel JUST as correct on analog as they do on D-Pad. Better, even. D-Pad is great for 'precision' though.

Crash 2 N. Sane feels lighter than Crash 1 N.Sane. They are similar, but in no way do they feel exactly the same as the aforementioned YouTubers expressed. I question when the last time they actually played the original games was. For me it was a week ago so I have a great frame of reference. There's a clear difference. Crash is faster and snappier to control in N.Sane 2 than in N.Sane 1. The slide jump is spot on and feels great. Even the spin slide jump technique popular for skips in speedruns is in the game and does jump higher and farther than a regular slide jump -- though that's where the biggest difference lies -- it's not QUITE as high and the window to make it happen (the timing of the button presses) is slightly narrowed to make abusing it harder, but it's perfectly usable as an actual move the same way it is in Crash 2.

It FEELS like Crash 2 with some modernization. Crash 1 and 2 definitely have "feelable" differences though.

The graphics in person are not done justice by trailers and captures. The saturation and color is phenomenally done. The HUD and menus are fantastic and animated. The startup screen and stuff is simple but good.

The difficulty is retained, especially in Crash 1. It has not been softened up at all, but the controls are BETTER so you can get used to it a bit quicker and if you have played Crash before, when you pick this up you feel right at home, just... better. There's no real adjustment period. Crash 1 feels like so much better than OG Crash 1. It feels more like you're skilled and chaining the jumps and obstacles together in a much more satisfying manner than OG Crash 1 where you feel like you're getting lucky sometimes.

Overall, this is the best Crash since the originals. Like the way it plays, looks, sounds. It's top shelf shit. Because it IS the originals, just... better. I keep saying that, but in terms of the little things, ESPECIALLY Crash 1 vastly surpasses the OG Crash 1. Crash 2 is on par with OG Crash 2 and is better in places, but suffered from one big glitch that I am sure will be fixed -- that being that for some reason it seems like you can trap Crash in a state where the circle/R1 button does nothing. You can't slide, body slam, etc. You can only crouch while standing still if you REALLY hold it down hard. I am 99% sure that it's because they forgot to reset Crash's "can slide" variable when he exits the slide or slam states onto the Jetboard. Simple fix, if I'm right.

Just a fantastically made game.
Just so I'm clear, am I to understand that Remake Crash 1 and Remake Crash 2 actually handle differently?

That's actually a little bizarre if true? I kind of had the impression that base Crash would handle equally amongst all versions. Of course movesets between 1/2/3 would remain separate, it's odd that there would be subtle changes to his handling amongst the three games. Hope it won't throw people off!

Thanks for the impressions btw, these were great. Still need to find the time to play it myself.

Unknown?

I am just curious as to what they will do with the start up. It won't be the same without the ND logos. :( Warped's intro was epic.

Just so I'm clear, am I to understand that Remake Crash 1 and Remake Crash 2 actually handle differently?

That's actually a little bizarre if true? I kind of had the impression that base Crash would handle equally amongst all versions. Of course movesets between 1/2/3 would remain separate, it's odd that there would be subtle changes to his handling amongst the three games. Hope it won't throw people off!

Thanks for the impressions btw, these were great. Still need to find the time to play it myself.

Yes, there is a subtle difference. But it's much closer than the originals were.

Yeah, I'm a real wordsmith, I know.

Man oh man, Crash Bandicoot. My first exposure to 3D games and the Playstation.

I was still a little kid when I visited my older nephew back in 1997. I still had my first console SEGA was happy with the games that I've been playing at the time. Then he booted up that.. grey thing below the TV. And something that I've never seen bofore was displayed before my eyes. A 3D game, and my jaw was dropped in awe. It was Crash Bandicoot. My parents bought me the console next year.

I'll definitely get this sooner or later. For the nostalgia.

nynt9

i'll check it out when it's on an xbox demo kiosk

How is this not bannable?

Crash has handled differently in the 3 original games, so I'm glad they're keeping that.

Checked my local Gamespot, nothing. Best Buy nearby, of course their floor unit was non-functioning. This is in the Burbank area. I wonder where I can find it, I really want to play it!

Top Bottom