• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot: N.Sane Trilogy |OT| N.Teresting and N.Tertaining N.Fographics With-N

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
My Amazon order went from shipping today to sent yesterday afternoon. However they used Royal Mail shipping despite me being on Amazon Prime.

Tracking currently shows the item in London at midnight with a weird update at 5am saying Sales Order Raised. It can still get here today as London is only 40 miles away but I'm expecting it tomorrow.

Can't wait to play though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
tenor.gif

Im totally gonna binge it out this weekend.

Friday - Crash 1
Saturday - Crash 2
Sunday - Crash Warped

Really hoping I actually get the Keychain tonight at GameStop. Apparently the "no keychain" thing on receipts is just because preorders got high enough that they didn't want to guarantee keychains and it's now first come first serve.

SNURB

Really hoping I actually get the Keychain tonight at GameStop. Apparently the "no keychain" thing on receipts is just because preorders got high enough that they didn't want to guarantee keychains and it's now first come first serve.

I preordered my copy back in early June and I didn't get the "no keychain" tab on my receipt. Does it mean I still get one either way?

pbsapeer

Banned
My Amazon order went from shipping today to sent yesterday afternoon. However they used Royal Mail shipping despite me being on Amazon Prime.

Tracking currently shows the item in London at midnight with a weird update at 5am saying Sales Order Raised. It can still get here today as London is only 40 miles away but I'm expecting it tomorrow.

Same situation for me. Would love it to arrive today but think it's slim.

Roo

I'm so disappointed they completely ruined the only song I really cared about from the first game.

This "song" literally lacks everything that made the original so good.

The dramatic bass? Gone
The wolf howl? Gone
The epic didgeridoo? Gone

You barely can hear the guitar(?) that it's supposed to replace all those.
I really tried to keep an open mind about the soundtrack because it was a "work in progress" thing but from what I've heard from all three games, it really feels like a rushed, poor job that does not do justice to Mancell's amazing work.

Hm, still excited to play this, sad to learn (I haven't been paying super close attention) that Coco is not playable right away across the trilogy. Oh well, I'll earn it.

Brother and I took turns on a single save file when we were kids and 100%'d Crash 2 and Crash Warped. Never did do the same for Crash 1, but we did own that game.

Can't wait to play with trophy support and eventual Coco across the trilogy.

Banzai

My copy should arrive some time this afternoon, so excited! There's a genuine chance that I'll have 100% on all three games by monday.

I'm so disappointed they completely ruined the only song I really cared about from the first game.

The dramatic bass? Gone
The wolf howl? Gone

I really tried to keep an open mind about the soundtrack because it was a "work in progress" thing but from what I've heard from all three games, it really feels like a rushed, poor job that does not do justice to Mancell's amazing work.

I think they did good on Crash 2's Warp Room so I'm satisfied.

TheOGB

Banned

The dramatic bass? Gone
The wolf howl? Gone

It seems like the instrumentation they chose for some of these songs really takes away from the impact they had. This song sounds a lot less threatening, for example.

I have a lot to say about the soundtrack, but it's like 1am so lemme chill :V. Suffice it to say: some of it is as I feared, missing some of the subtleties I loved from the original tunes, but there are also many pleasant surprises.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
As a heads-up, I'll have a nice 20 minute video on this coming soon! I went back and spent a day just lining up the original PS1 games next to the PS4 remake, among other things. It's basically a pseudo-DF Retro!

EVO

As a heads-up, I'll have a nice 20 minute video on this coming soon! I went back and spent a day just lining up the original PS1 games next to the PS4 remake, among other things. It's basically a pseudo-DF Retro!

Fuck yeah, was hoping you had something lined up for this. Looking forward to it.

nm3th

Nice!! Can't wait to check it out.

Plum

Got this last-minute preordered. After a few long-ass RPGs with heavy stories this seems right up my alley.

I look forward to it! Any base thoughts on the performance?

Awesome! Your videos are always my favorites when it comes to DF.

Exactly the same here - secretly hoping it'll just turn up today but fully expecting to get it tomorrow

So excited for this game!

Banzai

In which levels do you think you could feasibly place highly on the leader boards? I'm really looking forward to trying to crack some records. Especially on a couple of Crash 1 levels like the bridges.

Mostly though I think Crash 3 levels will be the most fun to speedrun, considering it was the game to implement them first.
I remember playing Crash 3 as a kid and me and my father would fight over the best time on the first bike level. So much fun.

Top Bottom