• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy runs at 1440p@30fps on PS4 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Guess PS4Pro is still not strong enough

Well hopefully pc /scorpio edition is 60fps

I would have loved to play this trilogy at 60fps so it's a bit of a bummer to hear. I guess locking it at 30fps is more faitful to the original trilogy... But hey, i'm still buying this trilogy in a heartbeat!

This and WipEout Omega Collection makes this month truly awesome for the nostalgic PlayStation gamers. ;-)

Yep. I think it's fine and looks fantastic and seems to play great in the videos and demo streams.

Guess PS4Pro is still not strong enough

Well hopefully pc /scorpio edition is 60fps

That didn't take long...

Are there any kinds of issues that could occur if the game were running at 60fps? Didn't the Kingdom Hearts collection have some weird issues because of the push up?

xabbott

Are there any kinds of issues that could occur if the game were running at 60fps? Didn't the Kingdom Hearts collection have some weird issues because of the push up?

That would apply to a port. This was rebuilt, so they would have decided at the start.

Probably not since those were ports and this is built from scratch, but yeah that doesn't mean it wasn't a design decision to keep it 30fps.

Edit: Beaten to it.

PaulloDEC

Nope! They did no such thing.

guwc.png

They kinda did?

Whales

Banned
is the game logic tied to frame rate for crash?

if no, then its a shame, crash in 60fps would feel really good

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What the hell is wrong with GAF lately....cant visit two threads without the same console warrior BS. Feels like it's getting worse every day.

@Topic

Considering how it looks and the resources they have 30fps are totally fine. 60fps just wasn't important for them so I doubt it would be a focus on other versions down the line if it gets ported. No doubt that they could have the game running at 60fps even on PS4 if that was their goal.

They are already doing more with the game in terms of upgrades than most remaster/remakes.

Captain Fun

Neo Member
Kinda disappointing to be honest, but I guess none of the footage we've seen has been in 60fps, now that I think about it.
is the game logic tied to frame rate for crash?

if no, then its a shame, crash in 60fps would feel really good
Is any of this game's code lifted from the original? Because if it isn't, I don't know why that would be the case.

It's a shame but it's not all that surprising. I enjoyed the original games at 30fps, so I won't have any trouble playing the remake like that.

I can see myself double-dipping if they ever come to PC, though.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
the original trilogy was 30fps, i don't want the physics or anything to change about it

BigDug13

If there was ever a sign of how devs do NOT prioritize framerates at all, take a PS1 game that required quick platforming control response and remaster it 3 generations later and stick to 30fps.

It can't be too hard to get a 1080p/ 60fps option can it? Game doesn't look that demanding in the first place, but if they can't reach 60 fps even with sacrifices, that would be sad.

That's not acceptable. If there was a choice to make 30FPS vs 60FPS, they chose wrong. I can understand Snake Pass Switch even if I dislike it, but these devs have more than enough power in the machine to make the tiny levels of crash run at 60.

Is it bad if a dev wants a game running at a specific framerate these days? Am I missimg something?

Game can obviously run it but it developers choice. It's their game you know.

BetaM

It's a shame they tricked people by showing the first trailer at 4K 60fps and not officially saying otherwise.
In the past there's been games on the same engine (CNK) or in the same gameplay style (TWoC) that ran at 60fps just fine, overall quality will definitely take a hit here.

Its using the same CPU as the PRo, so if Pro cant do it, Scorpio wont either..so please stop with this bullshit.
This isn't true. Same CPU, higher clock. A lot of people even think the Xbox One stock has the same/worse CPU than base PS4. Don't know where this comes from.

And no, I'm not trying to incite anything. Merely pointing out a fact here. Last thing I want is console war bullshit.

Is it bad if a dev wants a game running at a specific framerate these days? Am I missimg something?

Game can obviously run it but it developers choice. It's their game you know.

Its a problem going forward. These games need to be preserved at arbitrary resolutions and very high framerates for years later.

There is always a choice with every game being 30 vs 60, most just choose 30.

And up the graphics. It's just a bit sad that we're getting 3D platformers again, but most aren't running at the PS2 era framerates that made those games feel great. At least I can rely on Mario for that 60 FPS goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom