• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

amnesiac

Trailer
Gameplay video

[URL="https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy/cid=UP0002-CUSA07402_00-CRASHNSANETRLOGY"]US PSN Pre order link [$39.99]

[/URL]
JVBgzjy.jpg

Your favorite marsupial, Crash Bandicoot®, is back! He’s enhanced, entranced & ready-to-dance with the N. Sane Trilogy game collection. Now you can experience Crash Bandicoot like never-before in Fur-K. Spin, jump, wump and repeat as you take on the epic challenges and adventures through the three games that started it all, Crash Bandicoot®, Crash Bandicoot® 2: Cortex Strikes Back and Crash Bandicoot®: Warped. Relive all your favorite Crash moments in their fully-remastered HD graphical glory and get ready to put some UMPH in your WUMP!

More details and screens here:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016...-sane-trilogy-first-screens-in-depth-details/

We at Vicarious Visions love Crash, and we’re super excited for everyone to play the N. Sane Trilogy. But we can’t fly everyone out to Anaheim to play it in person, so here’s a peek that answers some burning questions. And the biggest question everyone keeps asking us, “Is this a remaster or a remake?”
The answer is not simple.

It’s practically impossible to make a traditional remaster of the original Naughty Dog games. They’re roughly 20 years old, and technology has advanced significantly in that time. The original code and assets are nearly unusable. Nearly.

But we don’t consider this a remake. We know how much you all love the original games, so we didn’t want to fully remake them. The N. Sane Trilogy is a remaster plus.

The first step in our remaster plus was to truly understand what made the Naughty Dog games special and why fans still love them to this day. The best way to understand a game is to play it, and boy, did we play the Crash games. We played them to the point that we broke controllers from mashing the jump button too much. We studied original concept art and commercials for inspiration. And we went even further back to understand the material that originally inspired Naughty Dog, including Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Looney Tunes.

Some screens from the trailer:

Nicky Ali

I love Crash's model in this, looks so much better than his Skylanders appearance. The rest just looks... a little bit off to be honest. Colours for environments aren't quite right and some sound effects just have less of a punch to them. Also, what's up with that in-game HUD font? Hope it's just a placeholder.

Like, it's so obviously low budget. I trust Vicarious Visions to make a quality Crash game, but I'm worried that they might not even use the original soundtrack.

EDIT: Nevermind, they confirmed the original soundtrack. Phew!

Tizoc

The graphics are so clean and shiny.
Why are they so clean compared to the original PSX graphics :/

tesqui

Never though I'd be hyped for a crash remaster, but here I am.

edit: lmao at all the criticisms you guys suck.

prwxv3

It looked pretty bad. Cheap budget I guess.

Anyone expecting a huge budget for this were delusional. It's pretty crazy they are giving the games a full remake in the first place and not just a port with better resolution.

komplanen

It looked worse than I'd pay for. Technically I'm sure it's a nice product but it lacked the art style that the original had. Or maybe this is just some weird uncanny valley type thing.

AGoodODST

Wow that looks really underwhelming. That's a shame.

Though maybe people more into the series will appreciate it way more than I do. Cool they are remaking them anyhow.

Empty

it looks too clean. loses the texture of the original, now looks like a cheap low budget cartoon.

see the darker mossy look in the original here, feels like a real jungle. compare to the pristine rolling stones in the new one and the bright lighting engine. meh.

Top Bottom