• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

SNURB

Anecdotal, but I'm seeing a lot of hype for this game outside of my core gaming circle. I think it will do better than people think.

Tell me about it, friends of mine (who are not into gaming and don't own a PS4) are getting one solely for Crash.

Anecdotal, but I'm seeing a lot of hype for this game outside of my core gaming circle. I think it will do better than people think.

Same. A few people I didn't expect have talked about it.

Also the psx trailer has broke 1 million views on Activisions channel so I think the hype is real.

Also props to them for only charging 39.99. I would be down for a 59.99 special edition with a plush Crash though.

If it was exclusive then why they don't say is only for ps4 or something like that?
Probably is like Diablo III where they didn't acknowledge the xbox version until a few weeks before release.

Pretty funny.
Cy2PasiXcAEPuCZ.png:large

N.Domixis

Banned
If it was exclusive then why they don't say is only for ps4 or something like that?
Probably is like Diablo III where they didn't acknowledge the xbox version until a few weeks before release.

Because this will sells ps4s. Or maybe sony can't say its exclusive because it may one day go to other platforms since crash hasn't been exclusive for a while.

Darn this might be the game that will push me over the edge into getting a PS4. It's either that or a Switch, so I hope the ports are coming along!

Or they could make a Vita port, or at the very least make the PS1 games playable on Vita! (I was able to download the 2nd game on Vita during the brief window of time when somebody at NA PSN left the keys to the door open, and I have since regretted my decision not to download the other games when I still had the chance). The PS1 games are better on the Vita screen over the pixellated mess on a modern HD TV (although it's not too bad).

I worked to get 100% on Crash 2 and had a lot of fun doing it, and I'm not the type to go all the way for a game usually!

Ash735

Yeah, I've also heard people at work talking about getting a PS4 next year to play Crash Bandicoot, it's weird as some are people who haven't owned a console or played a game in years! This must be hurting the "Nobody wants Crash" people.

Boke1879

Yep. This and TLoU Part II were the main topics at work today.

TLOU2, The lost Legacy and Crash have the highest view count on their youtube page from PSX I believe.

This collection will cost $40 bucks. That's an amazing price. If they shoot for the SummerI can see it doing relatively well for what it is.

N.Domixis

Banned
TLOU2, The lost Legacy and Crash have the highest view count on their youtube page from PSX I believe.

This collection will cost $40 bucks. That's an amazing price. If they shoot for the SummerI can see it doing relatively well for what it is.

Dat ND fanbase.

Boke1879

Dat ND fanbase.

Yea, that's not to take anything away from everything else on the channel. Lots of vids are doing well.

I certainly hope this does well along with PaRappa, Patapon and wipeout. This is potentially the way to go for Sony for these older franchises. Either remasters or 1:1 remakes that I'm sure don't cost much.

BigEmil

still Naughty Dog's skeleton, Visions put their graphics engine on top of it...although to be fair they did a good job on it
Didn't VV say in that PS Blog post that they didn't have access to the source files at all so everything was made from the ground up

AHA-Lambda

Yeah, I think this game will sell really, really well. Was all over my facebook feed from friends as well the past couple days.

This really tickles a lot of nostalgia for many people my age.

maxcriden

The post above you would suggest no. But who knows, I wonder how Sony's rights to the original games comes into the picture.

Thank you. Hmm. I guess I won't be picking up a PS4 for only one game, especially if it's a remaster, despite my potential interest. So hopefully it comes to a platform I own or alternately PS4 gets more exclusives that appeal to me.

Roo

A VV Dev has said the game is "from" "Sony and Vicarious Visions" so, take that as you will.

https://twitter.com/DaveARodriguez/status/805556426936565760
Though Crash is an Activision IP, I wouldn't be surprised if the remasters always stay as a PS4 exclusive.
We're basically dealing with a Bayonetta 2-like situation here where the games wouldn't even be considered if it weren't because of Sony.

I really hope they're multiplatform. These games need all the exposure they can get.
Do we have any definitive sense as to whether the game could come to other consoles? I missed it if so.

Definitive? not at all
however: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=226030875&postcount=1015

AlanOC91

They seem to have a lot done and are actually showing a lot of Footage. Gamespot already did a perfect run of the first level for the gem and showed the whole intro.

Are we to expect this really soon?

Yeah, my understanding has always been that since Sony originally published Crash 1-3 and CTR, they have some level of ownership over those entries, preventing them from appearing on non-Sony platforms. Universal (later Vivendi and Activision) held the rights to the franchise and characters and was allowed to make new games with them after that, but Sony maintained some ownership over the ND-developed games.

Unknown?

Well in Activision's press release they say it's specifically remastered for PS4 and PS4 Pro. It would be worded differently or no mention at all of platform if it wasn't exclusive. Shawn at E3 specifically said they worked with their partners at Activision to bring back the original Crash games. I highly doubt Sony would partner with them to bring back games on other platforms.

jmga

Well in Activision's press release they say it's specifically remastered for PS4 and PS4 Pro. It would be worded differently or no mention at all of platform if it wasn't exclusive. Shawn at E3 specifically said they worked with their partners at Activision to bring back the original Crash games. I highly doubt Sony would partner with them to bring back games on other platforms.

When a game is exclusive, they always use the word exclusive a lot, especially if it is a third party exclusive.

I have yet to see a third party exclusive that has not used the word exclusive to single time.

So we can't be sure at this moment.

BigEmil

If this does well they should either remaster CTR (or make a sequel) and Crash Twinsanity (including all unfinished content cut out or sequel)

Unknown?

When a game is exclusive, they always use the word exclusive a lot, especially if it is a third party exclusive.

I have yet to see a third party exclusive that has not used the word exclusive to single time.

I agree but as I pointed out we have evidence that points towards exclusive but we also have oddities that point to not exclusive. My guess is it is because it's not a straight remake and still uses the original game geometry which Sony owns the license to. But if it isn't I doubt it will get any other version till at least a year.

It is baffling that Sony and Activision have not provided a straight answer on the exclusivity status of the game (make sense for Sony to not want to admit it's not, but still), you'd think if it was exclusive they'd be as clear as possible.

Plus, Sony works with Activision on marketing for COD and Destiny no? Those are multiplatform games.

The game is likely not exclusive but they won't announce any other platforms until there's any real demand for it on Xbox, Switch or PC. It will likely end up there if the game does very well on PS4, so I'd say expect it to be timed exclusive. Also Sony does own the licenses to the first 4 games on PS1, but these games don't use any of those games assets and they've clearly stated that the remakes are done from the ground up.

This is exactly the same situation Activision had faced with Goldeneye 007 on Wii. Nintendo and Rare shared the license and rights to the original game, which is why it never ended up on XBLA like Perfect Dark had. However making a full blown remake voids those licenses as its not the same code, thus them releasing HD version a year later on PS3/360.

The collection won't stay exclusive, especially if its successful, however if you really don't want to wait and hope it goes elsewhere, just get it on PS4. It's very likely that Activision don't even have other versions in development yet, because the fanbase for Crash IS on PS4 and they were the ones clamoring for a return and Sony settled it with Activision themselves. So you'd still be waiting a while for a port.

Best wishes.

It is baffling that Sony and Activision have not provided a straight answer on the exclusivity status of the game (make sense for Sony to not want to admit it's not, but still), you'd think if it was exclusive they'd be as clear as possible.

Plus, Sony works with Activision on marketing for COD and Destiny no? Those are multiplatform games.

You'll know in due time. Just don't get too invested in case it's exclusive.

Top Bottom