• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy Trailer Shown at PSX

Zalman

If I had to guess I'd say Sony completely funded this. I think they are way more interested in the IP than Activision. But who knows.

Nicky Ali

Here's a pretty good comparison of the new intro and the old one. Personally I think this new one did everything better, although hearing N.Brio's new voice and not instantly thinking of the Brain takes some time to get used to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRvDOaOspy0

6vbpma8.png

Also, interesting detail here: in the original, Cortex's model just teleports out of the castle when Crash is falling. He's only there for a few frames though.

DD4vibP.png

But I did notice this in the new one, so there you go. A nice little throwback

Kinsei

Banned
While old Cotex was more menacing, Lang aboslutely nailed the comedy in the later Crash games so I'm fine with the change.

Tawna actually doing something in the intro is pretty cool. Tis a shame we won't be seeing her in the other two games.

I think it's better, the gargled mess tht are the cortex and brio voices in crash 1 can go.

I feel like they did play Brio a little too stupid/demented. But the intent seemed the same. I'm just worried for his portrayal in Crash 2 for the Gem collecting. Despite being a stuttering Igor, he played an intelligent foil to Cortex in the second game.
Here's a pretty good comparison of the new intro and the old one. Personally I think this new one did everything better, although hearing N.Brio's new voice and not instantly thinking of the Brain takes some time to get used to.

Also, interesting detail here: in the original, Cortex's model just teleports out of the castle when Crash is falling. He's only there for a few frames though.

6vbpma8.png

DD4vibP.png
Wait what? Is this a brief flash of assets before the wall loads in? How'd you even catch that lol.

Zubz

Banned
While old Cotex was more menacing, Lang aboslutely nailed the comedy in the later Crash games so I'm fine with the change.

Tawna actually doing something in the intro is pretty cool. Tis a shame we won't be seeing her in the other two games.

I dunno, Old Cortex just sounded generic, and too much like Old Brio for my taste. Lang is essentially just going for Brown's Cortex, AKA the best one. I feel his portrayal has a bit of menace to it.

Wait what? Is this a brief flash of assets before the wall loads in? How'd you even catch that lol.

I think this is zoomed in on a specific spot in the intro, but it's showing there's a bump where Cortex accidentally loads in the original.

I dunno, Old Cortex just sounded generic, and too much like Old Brio for my taste. Lang is essentially just going for Brown's Cortex, AKA the best one. I feel his portrayal has a bit of menace to it.

Agreed. Clancy Brown's Cortex is so superior that I'd actually forgotten how generic the original Crash 1 Cortex sounded.

It's pretty similar to Vegeta's English voice change in DBZ: Brian Drummond was the original, but Chris Sabat is the GOAT.

Drencrom

Crash Bandicoot PS4 Remake vs PS1 Graphics Comparison

Looks very solid both graphically and performance wise so far! But have Vicarious Visions said anything regarding the final framerate? I know Crash originally was a 30fps game and keeping it that way is great for purists when it comes to timing jumps etc, but there should at least be an option for 60fps (I assume 60fps is possible being how the games got locked camera angles and have linear levels.)

Pachimari

I grew up on this series, so Crash Bandicoot is very dear to me.

The last one I played was Wrath of Cortex, and I actually enjoyed it despite the long loading times. But from there I fell off, and I regret having not tried out Crash Twinsanity.

Is the only way to play the old games to find the physical copies used somewhere for the different consoles?

Roo

Not sure if you guys have seen this already but in this video we can see yet another new gem animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyw0r_GcdZM

So far we have
-Burp
-Out of his ass back pocket
-Hits head to get it out of his ear

Since there are so many gems in the game, I assume there will be plenty more animations for them.

Tapejara

Not sure if you guys have seen this already but in this video we can see yet another new gem animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyw0r_GcdZM

So far we have
-Burp
-Out of his ass back pocket
-Hits head to get it out of his ear

Since there are so many gems in the game, I assume there will be plenty more animations for them.

It looks like this account just ripped Polygon's footage and reuploaded it. You can see their logo at 2:02 in the video.

Link to the original footage: https://youtu.be/SUSlAkcDoGU

I really hope the box art is the same as Crash Bandicoot 1. (with the new graphics ofc).

What is the estimate for when this will be released? I've got a bad feeling it'll be late 2017 :(

Just a heads up, Amazon.com put up their preorder finally, and it lists the game as "Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Standard Edition" -- so seems like we'll be getting a Special/Collector's Edition of some kind.

Kinsei

Banned
Just a heads up, Amazon.com put up their preorder finally, and it lists the game as "Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy - Standard Edition" -- so seems like we'll be getting a Special/Collector's Edition of some kind.

I'm glad I didn't pre-order on PSN then. I'll hold off and see if there is a collector's edition and decide if it's worth the money.

6vbpma8.png

DD4vibP.png

Tawna showing better personality in the remake in two seconds than she has for all of her existence.

Roo

Damn,that's the one negative thing about this port. And it's never coming to PC either :-(

The games are really slow paced anyway so doubt you'll notice the framerate, especially since they are rock solid 30fps.

If they hit 60fps for the final game then that's freaking great but 30fps is hardly a deal breaker.

In other news, watching some of the videos in this thread, I noticed the game demo shared to the media, etc, has at the very least, two builds.

Top Bottom