• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled - Reveal Trailer (June 21, 2019)

308.jpg

OMG OMG OMG

Paulxo87

Do we have faith in this developer not to somehow fuck this up? Not an accusation just don't know their track record

Do we have faith in this developer not to somehow fuck this up? Not an accusation just don't know their track record
Honestly it's hard to say. Beenox is known for making decent at best Spiderman games before Activision's contract with Marvel expired.

Not to mention being made for three platforms at once instead of just one first like N.Sane Trilogy. I mean the trailer looked great, but I can fully understand the skepticism.

Last edited:

Kagero

Recently played this! The gameplay still holds up. Right up there with Mario Cart. Super excited for this!

Kart racer devs just keep on making those tracks wider every year, dont they?

It looks sweet. I just hope the items are effective as that can really kill it for me. They don't have to stay true to the original. I'll take whatever enhancements they want to offer. New characters, tracks, music, items, item placement, physics, etc is all okay with me.

Iaterain

I doubt that Crash Team Racing and Team Sonic Racing are fully committed to beat Mario Kart 8, honestly. Which is a shame, I would love more high budget arcade racing games.
I'm dreaming about AAA Rock-n-Roll Racing from Blizzard....
0.jpg

Last edited:

nkarafo

Hmmm, judging from the trailer, visually it doesn't look as good as Mario Kart 8. It looks closer to something like Sonic Racing Transformed. Can't put my finger on what exactly makes Mario Kart so much better looking, maybe it's the art direction or lighting.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Man, CTR is one of my favourite games ever! This remaster is looking good from the visual perspective. I hope the controls are tight like the original. Good to see 4 player split screen mode, and I hope they also include battle mode.

Lilseb93

Even though it was rumored beforehand so it lost a bit of its shock for me, my favorite announcement of the night.

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Kart racer devs just keep on making those tracks wider every year, dont they?

Yeah what is that about? Might make a thread on it. Even in MK8 I feel like the spaces are vast. I remember those almost right angle turns in bowsers castle etc. Seperate the man from the boys

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Yeah what is that about? Might make a thread on it. Even in MK8 I feel like the spaces are vast. I remember those almost right angle turns in bowsers castle etc. Seperate the man from the boys
It was better than in MK Wii, at least. Those tracks were wide to accommodate the motion controls.

Akuza89

Love how PlayStation got the trailer drop.... then it gets announced for everything else making it a pointless ploy.

Can't wait to grab it on my switch :pie_sfwt:

bosnianpie

This looks amazing, so happy to have Crash back where he belongs. I must give some credit to Activision and the developers, they're doing a fantastic job and are handling the franchise with respect. It's much appreciated.

Day 1

JimboJones

Gonna be a great year for Kart fans!

This looks amazing, so happy to have Crash back where he belongs. I must give some credit to Activision and the developers, they're doing a fantastic job and are handling the franchise with respect. It's much appreciated.

Day 1
It will be interesting to see what they do now that all the PS1 games have been remade.I wonder do they have the talent for an original Crash game or are they content on simply milking the nostalgia and then dumping the character again.

bosnianpie

It will be interesting to see what they do now that all the PS1 games have been remade.I wonder do they have the talent for an original Crash game or are they content on simply milking the nostalgia and then dumping the character again

I only have my gut feeling but I believe Activision will keep it going. The NST sales exceeded their expectations and CTR will probably do very good aswell. I'm also surprised with how much Crash merch there is out there, they've really re-launched him as a character. So I hope they have a long term plan.

The big question is how they will go forward if they decide to do so. People want a new game but I think it will be hard to balance everyones expectations. Games have changed a bit since Warped and I'm not sure if we fans really understand what we're asking for.

JordanN

Banned
Gonna be a great year for Kart fans!

It will be interesting to see what they do now that all the PS1 games have been remade. I wonder do they have the talent for an original Crash game or are they content on simply milking the nostalgia and then dumping the character again.
There's still one more Crash remake left.... :p

z8IW2ZY.jpg

Admittedly, it was the first non-Naughty Dog developed Crash and released very late into the PS1's cycle

Last edited:

Fbh

Awesome. This was easily my most played Ps1 game.
Day 1.

I really hope they go 60FPS for this

It will be interesting to see what they do now that all the PS1 games have been remade.I wonder do they have the talent for an original Crash game or are they content on simply milking the nostalgia and then dumping the character again.

I hope they keep it going.
I have fond memories of the original Crash games but upon replaying them they definitely aren't platforming masterpieces so it should be possible to make sequels that retain the style of the original while also improving the gameplay

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Love how PlayStation got the trailer drop.... then it gets announced for everything else making it a pointless ploy.

Can't wait to grab it on my switch :pie_sfwt:

Kind of like MS's E3 this year? Or any big pub that has these deals?

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Please observe the developer change. Vicarious Vision (with prior Crash Bandicoot experience, having made the two great GBA games) made the Trilogy, Beenox is making the new remake and VV also did not have to work on Spyro. So chances are that VV is making a new Crash Bandicoot right now.

Top Bottom