• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

crazy car accident driving in snow vs truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Odds are if they guy behind them was filming it the SUV driver was already causing issues driving poorly/too fast for the road conditions. Hard to feel bad for the SUV driver when it was their own poor decision making that put everyone else in danger. Hop the truck driver+ the driver in the vehicle near it are ok though.

Odds are if they guy behind them was filming it the SUV driver was already causing issues driving poorly/too fast for the road conditions. Hard to feel bad for the SUV driver when it was their own poor decision making that put everyone else in danger. Hop the truck driver+ the driver in the vehicle near it are ok though.

Im loving the assumptions that come together in your head after seeing something like this.

Also, how about the car following the semi? talk about getting your adrenaline going, box truck missed them by inches.

Edit: The box truck driver should get a fucking medal, amazing save.

Oppo

pretty clear what happend...

SUV driver got distracted, drifted left, panicked when he/she noticed and over steered to the right, into the cube van... then bounced off that into the oncoming semi. horrible.

UFRA

Wow that's quite an assumption to make from no info at all.

I've watched a lot of car accident videos, but I hate literally never seen anything that even comes close to comparing to this.

That was insane.

RIP

Ark

pretty clear what happend...

SUV driver got distracted, drifted left, panicked when he/she noticed and over steered to the right, into the cube van... then bounced off that into the oncoming semi. horrible.

Pretty much what I saw too.

How fast were they going down that snowy highway for that 4x4/SUV to disintegrate so quickly?!

UFRA

Can't think of a single reason besides that to randomly be recording the road and this doesn't seem to be police footage.

I'll give you 3 from the top of my head...

1) These folks are on a road trip and wanted a story to tell "look at this crap weather we hit in [insert location here]!"

2) New camera and they thought they'd try it out by recording some moving footage to see how well it does.

3) They were recording the driving because crazy shit happens in bad weather and they wanted to capture it on video.

Despera

Banned
This has got to be the most brutal car crash ever caught on tape. The car exploded into a million particles.

Holy shit!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Pretty much what I saw too.

How fast were they going down that snowy highway for that 4x4/SUV to disintegrate so quickly?!

The opposite directions did the most harm, although that 18 wheeler was cruising really fast but there was open road ahead of him.

tfur

What a shitty shitty highway design.

A lot of cities and states are retro fitting highways with divider/barrier technology.

nitewulf

they wouldn't have to drive too fast....the truck is huge so it has a lot of momentum...which transfers to the small SUV, momentum causes the explosion, not the speed alone.

railGUN

Banned
I drive in shit like that all the time, with tons of semi's on the same highway, and the road is a lot narrower with cliffs and a river on the one side.

Ra\/en

The person/people in the SUV is/are clearly dead. Horrifying. I'm going to think about this video next time I'm driving in rural alberta in the winter... :S

Sean

Banned
Holy shit.

I was expecting the SUV to get pushed or flip over or something, not burst into a million tiny pieces. That's brutal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom