• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy guy in japan made a real working gunlance (from Monster Hunter)

soultron

Banned
He used a CAD program, a motorcycle brake lever, and a grenade launcher's cycling magazine to make this?

Holy fucking shit.

That is badass, also, what is the music. Probably from the Monster Hunter series, not familiar with it though. Relaxing music.

Edit: The song in question was the first song, sorry.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
I think the term "crazy guy" shouldn't necessarily be included in topics like this.

I think its a given that if someone from Japan made something from an anime/videogame, that person is indeed a male, and crazy.

sinxtanx

That is just fucking awesome. I wonder what the guy works as, he had a lot of engineering tools. He should mass produce these and sell to fanatical MH nerds. Seriously, he could make lots of money from this., I just wonder what Capcom would say.

It did not seem that it had much range, though...

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
The_Reckoning said:
That is badass, also, what is the music. Probably from the Monster Hunter series, not familiar with it though. Relaxing music.

Edit: The song in question was the first song, sorry.

All of the songs used in that video are from Monster Hunter. The first one is the song that plays when you're in the village.

How I wish I could make me one of those.

Jangaroo

Always the tag bridesmaid, never the tag bride.
Dascu said:
This would be a pretty cool pre-order bonus.

I can imagine the reaction of the crowd as I walk out of my nearest Gamestop with the game in one hand, and the gunlance in the other.

Wow, the guy makes a 10 minute video of every intricate step and decks out a sweet fit only to shoot at paper cups and stab cardboard?

big_z

300px-Nintendo_scope.jpg

I at least expected him to walk out in a suit of armour for the final demonstration, not some jazz bar get-up and shoot it at some paper cups. These fucking huge grenade bullets and revolving mechanism for the punch of a very short-range air pistol :lol

le.phat

sinxtanx said:
That is just fucking awesome. I wonder what the guy works as, he had a lot of engineering tools. He should mass produce these and sell to fanatical MH nerds. Seriously, he could make lots of money from this., I just wonder what Capcom would say.

It did not seem that it had much range, though...

that's because you shoot after you stabbed somebody with it.....juniors...

Chao

RiskyChris said:
Wow, the guy makes a 10 minute video of every intricate step and decks out a sweet fit only to shoot at paper cups and stab cardboard?

Dragons go out of their caves in winter time. That's all he can do this summer.

Zenith

Banned
ChiTownBuffalo said:
I think the term "crazy guy" shouldn't necessarily be included in topics like this.

I think its a given that if someone from Japan made something from an anime/videogame, that person is indeed a male, and crazy.

yes, crazy. How much money do you think he spent?

Zenith

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
"yes, crazy. How much money do you think he spent?"

Did you even read the second line?

they're kind of contradictory. I wasn't sure which one he believed so I went for the first.

edit: now i see what his post was getting at.

alba

Little is the new Big
Really cool stuff, but looks a bit limited in range indeed :O Either way it's a cool piece of craftsmanship :)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Soul4ger said:
ひきこもり
Soul4ger
so bitter
(Today, 02:02 PM)
Reply | Quote

EDIT (just had to):
GillaTheGorilla said:
And forges some armour out of them. Wonder what the stats would be?
Hunger
Quick Eat
Rabies Inc.

Top Bottom