• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crazy MGSV Release Date Conspiracy Theory Thread Sponsored by the PATRIOTS

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Update:

Thanks to Love Deterrence for finding this.

Very interesting.

- VGAs 2012 phantom pain by 'moby dick studios' a Swedish company
- kojima having the Swedish words for the 22nd and the 6th on his t shirt at the TGAs
- The 22nd chapter of Herman Melvilles 6th book 'Moby Dick' is called Merry Christmas
- perhaps rather than hinting a 22nd of June release date he is hinting that a release date could be given on Christmas Day.

Read this on MGSForums! Oh, my God, you guys. Guess what? There's a Kojima Station scheduled for Christmas day!!!!!!!! o_O

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kojima-shirt-the-game77u0h.jpg

Following a lack of a much anticipated release date at The Game Awards 2014, a new theory has surfaced on the web. During the show, Kojima was wearing a t-shirt with Swedish text (partially obscured by his jacket). It was translated by a reddit user, and says the following: 22nd and the 6th. This could in turn be interpreted as the 22nd day of the 6th month, or in other words, June 22nd.

The fact that it’s in Swedish could be another hint, since the reveal of The Phantom Pain was through the fake Swedish Moby Dick Studios lead by ‘Joakim Mogren’. Also, a June release date would be pretty plausible, since Metal Gear games have come out in this month before. But keep in mind, this is still just a fan theory, probably sparked by a certain degree of desolation and devastation caused by the lack of a release date. Then again, it’s Kojima we’re talking about here.

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16925

JayEH

I want to believe but I don't know...

This would go with my theory that it's releasing im June since Mgs4 and PW came out then.

Edit: nvm June 22nd is a Monday.

Nzyme32

Find out what is actually written on the t-shirt first. I don't care for the cryptic stuff that happens with this game's announcements so I'm just gonna sit and wait for actually dates to be announced
and inevitable PC delay

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Find out what is actually written on the t-shirt first. I don't care for the cryptic stuff that happens with this game's announcements so I'm just gonna sit and wait for actually dates to be announced
and inevitable PC delay

One of the reddit user thinks it says this: "tjugoandra och sedan den sjätte"

Nah this is false, that's my birthday, nothing ever good happens on my birthday.

Dude, you were BORN on your birthday. That qualifies as something good, heck, essential. Unless you're the Emo type that spends his time moping with a knife on his forearm about how life is obscure and then you die, it's definitively a good date for you. Thank god for your little sperm form doing it's job, allowing you to slack off and play videogames years later XD.

All the teasing just killed all the hype for me. I mean, I love MGS and TPP is one of my most anticipated games but now I`ll just wait, when it gets here, it gets here.

Murkrow

Banned
What does it matter that june 22nd is a monday?

Games here in Europe come out usually on monday/tuesday. Or maybe it means it comes out at that time in japan. Murica isn't the focus of the universe.

Phenomena

The edges of the shirt is obscured but I can make out that it says "Tjugoandra" and "sjätte" which means 22 and 6th in Swedish.

EDIT Ah somebody already explained.

I haven't found any yet but what does "och sedan" mean?

"And then"
So "Tjugoandra och sedan den sjätte" would mean "22nd and then the 6th"
The t-shirt says "Tjugoandra (next row) Den Sjätte" the litteral translation is "Twentysecond The/Of Sixth".

I think it's safe to say that it is a hint about the release date.
Yeah, though there's something on the top row before tjugoandra and we're still missing that. Could be important!

Sojgat

The image gallery makes it pretty clear that the letters visible on the top line read 'tjugoan'.

Tjugoandra definitely means 22nd. This doesn't seem like a stretch at all.

Squire

Banned
But keep in mind, this is still just a fan theory, probably sparked by a certain degree of desolation and devastation caused by the lack of a release date.

I see what you did there.

komorebi

As long as the Steam version gets released at the same time... none of this PC release getting pushed back so they can milk as much money as possible from everyone crap like Rockstar did with GTA5.

The wait is painful. Good God, man, I need this in me. MGO left me floored last night. [RIP STEALTH GENRE] That shirt may determine the state of my mental health for the next half-year.

Is she going to be in TPP???

Almost certainly! 1984 is a goldmine for MGS lore!

Top Bottom