• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Assembly (Alien Isolation) should make a Jurassic Park Survival Game.

Somebody mentioned this in another thread.

But take this:

tumblr_nd6mmqVydv1tcozxxo1_500.gif

and replace it with this:

59d4da221c0c93a720adf2bff667e644.gif

I think it's easier to want to make an action oriented Alien game, just like it's easier to want to make an action oriented Jurassic Park game. But I think the harder and BETTER thing to do is to capture the survival horror elements inherent to dinosaurs. Consider Dino Crisis 1, survival horror against dinosaurs.

2697935-ix7l0qkpojenu.gif

tumblr_n1ixtxbTjn1rs6286o1_500.gif

tumblr_n3fbtcmdbG1t1hgsqo1_500.gif

playstation-56949-21406911477.jpg

Just imagine this attention to detail and atmosphere applied to the jurassic park world.

1281d7117eef98658b7a7b5bbe98807674d38f61.jpg

278ae0817ceef057c1e44e983effeac4b13ce7af.jpg__0x529_q85_upscale.jpg

a2f105b261cdaf7ef173f571855d3f73b3607bfc.jpg__0x529_q85_upscale.jpg

tumblr_n7bkjaAUhR1rlsez7o2_500.gif

I played Alien Isolation on PS4 and immediately thought this was a return to survival horror. Which is what I think would translate well. I mean, if you look at the hunting behavior of a Xenomorph it's really quite analogous to a Velociraptor (no feather version). Furthermore, the respect CA shows to the film license as in Alien Isolation bodes well if they were to do a game in the jurassic park universe. And if CA's biggest "fault" would be that their game was too long, fine, cut it back a few hours for the next one. All's good.

It doesn't need to be part of the Jurassic Park IP either, just dinosaur survival and I used JP because most people are familiar with the brand. They could that, or a Dino Crisis 4, or a new IP. Oh shit and think about VR.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
You know what, I would love that. You have more than one type of dinosaur to contend with and the potential is definitely there. Can have some awesome action sequences. I'm down with this!

Just, uh... I would hope they don't make it as long and as padded as Alien Isolation was. Yikes.

Ame

Yes, would play.

Mentioning Dino Crisis in your post also makes me wish Capcom remakes Dino Crisis some day. They seem to have developed a taste for it with RE.

Cardon

I guess that general formula would work better, at least in my view, with JP given the variety of dinos that it could feature. Would be a cool game to experience though I doubt we'll see it surface since Universal didn't even launch the Jurassic World game that was reportedly ready for release.

You know what, I would love that. You have more than one type of dinosaur to contend with and the potential is definitely there. Can have some awesome action sequences. I'm down with this!

Just, uh... I would hope they don't make it as long and as padded as Alien Isolation was. Yikes.

Yeah. Much like Dino Crisis 1 you can have some action elements. But it would be great ducking and weaving through a building with a T-Rex stalking you from the outside. And this building has got one too many large windows.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Been saying this in every Alien Isolation thread since launch.

A Jurassic Park: Isolation game, would be a dream come true.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'm already bored to tears of "hide from monster". Couldn't even finish Soma because that gameplay loop is just ZzzZzZzzzzZzZZzzzz.

Yes please. This would be the best thing ever, so with that in mind it will probably never happen.

Perhaps add some first person platforming style mechanics to embrace a little more adventure with the survival.

Akronis

I'm already bored to tears of "hide from monster". Couldn't even finish Soma because that gameplay loop is just ZzzZzZzzzzZzZZzzzz.

Ok? Then it's not the game for you, that's fine.

Alien Isolation also offered more than just hiding. There were more enemies than just the Alien.

flattie

Damn it, OP. I skim-read your title and came in thinking CA had asked if people think they should do this.

In answer to your question; yes. Yes they should.

Great idea.But after they make Isolation 2.

Give the Core team Isolation 2 and the a splinter team Jurassic, have the core oversee Jurassic. Boom, no huge waits!

Ok. Easier said than done.

And Halo Wars 2... argh, I am excited for that game but why did they have to be the ones to make it?

I doubt you could use the Jurassic Park IP because it'd likely get an M rating. But otherwise, Alien: Isolation except 10 hours shorter and with a raptor instead? sure

Neiteio

I don't think I've seen Dino Crisis in motion before. That looks fucking terrifying and awesome. Is it downloadable on PS4?

Still waiting for a good Jurassic Park game since the SNES. Tresspasser was so close but was ahead of its time and the technology just wasn't there.

Someone needs to make a survival adventure game of Jurassic World. You are a regular civilian who hid out during the evacuation and you wake up but everyone is gone. With it set in Jurassic World you also have the potential to see a run down Jurassic Park.

It would have the similar premise of Tresspasser but have survival elements though there should be little or no weaponry.

Creative Assembly should be making a lot of games after Alien: Isolation. Sadly for those of us that loved their design philosophies for a horror game, they are saddled with Halo for now.
Hopefully after Halo they can get back into terrifying people.

On a similar note, I'd love to see the Until Dawn team make a game based on Carpenter's The Thing. :p

I doubt you could use the Jurassic Park IP because it'd likely get an M rating. But otherwise, Alien: Isolation except 10 hours shorter and with a raptor instead? sure

wouldn't have to be M. A hard T rating is something that a JP horror survival could pull off well. It would sell gangbusters too.

Top Bottom