• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creative Assembly working in a first person tactical shooter.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
https://www.pcgamesn.com/alien-isolation/creative-assembly-new-game#nnn

The Creative Assembly team behind Alien: Isolation has another first-person game in the works, but this time it’s an original tactical shooter IP. Exactly what form the game will take remains a mystery, though any hopes you might’ve had for an Alien sequel from the studio should now truly be crushed - though anything first-person from that team is well worth getting excited for.

The new lead environment artist listing says that “Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting First Person Tactical Shooter IP.” Creative Assembly is also seeking a technical animator, senior UI artist, and technical artist for the project. All these jobs are at the company’s Horsham, UK location.

Also:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...ter-creative-assembly-pulls-official-site#nnn

Alien Isolation 2 could be on its way, with developers Creative Assembly pulling the official site down for maintenance ahead of E3 2018. Though no official confirmation has been given regarding an Alien Isolation sequel, Creative Assembly bringing the site offline indicates that changes are being made to it, and considering the timing it's certainly a curious development. This has led some to speculate that a teaser is being scheduled ahead of E3 in two weeks time.

Alien Isolation garnered a cult following, with many praising the game for offering a terrifying take on the sci-fi franchise. Though it received a moderate critical reception, fans loved the survival-horror game, though we haven't heard much news regarding a potential sequel. That is until today, when AlienIsolation.com was taken down by Creative Assembly.

Masatshi

Please be Alien Isolation 2
I am so in love with the first one. Played it mutliple times on consoles and later even on PC in glorious 4k/60fps :p

Mr Hyde

I would love a sequel to Alien Isolation. Best damn horror game in a decade. The AI on the xenomorph was crazy good and to hear it running around in the ventilation shafts was fucking terrifying. Also, the sound design was incredible and he or she who worked on it deserves some kind of award. Playing this game with headphones was an immersive experience like no other.

I am in the Alien Isolation cult too I guess. I love that game!

Would be interested in a sequel or whatever thier next project is.

makaveli60

Honestly, Alien Isolation is a dream come true for all fans of the original movie. Everytime I hear or see something about Covenant I just remember that at least we got this perfect Alien game. From a story perspective I would like a sequel but I can't imagine a better Alien game than the first. But if they make a sequel, please get rid of the horrible aliasing, that was my only problem with the game :)

It would be brilliant news if a sequel to Alien Isolation is on the way. The game was too damn scary for me to finish but I loved every bit that I played of it. The attention to detail in both the visual and audio design was absolutely stellar. I actually think the music and audio are what contributed so strongly to my anxiety whilst playing it. Really great stuff.

I know it says brand new tactical shooter IP, but could this having some sort of relevance to the 3 new gears games being rumored?

MS has a history of working with CA (halo wars), and we have been hearing news or some sort of tactical RTS style Gears, and a horror game style Gears, and The Coalition aren’t a big enough studio to be having 3 games coming in.

This fits the bill quite a bit for them

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

It is a Die Antwoord tactical shooter starring Ninja and Yo-Landi Visser.

MV5BYzVmZTU4ZTUtYmQ1NC00ZDU1LTliNzEtMjc5OTA4MTU5ZGEwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_UY317_CR130,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
MV5BNWJjMmE3M2MtZWQ2Yy00YWY3LTgzY2ItOTNmNTExNTYyMTg2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTIzOTk5ODM@._V1_UY317_CR131,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

wipeout364

Maybe this will be the true Colonial Marines game we deserve, not the crappy gearbox game we got. Anyway Alien Isolation ( or as I like to call it Alien 3) is arguably my favorite game of the last generation if I exclude Siege or Overwatch, since they had way more hours played.

Alien is my favourite game of last gen but I can already tell people are up for some disappointment.

They keep referencing it as brand new IP meaning it probably isn’t Alien related, definitely not like Isolation.

Stuart360

I almost think its a travesty that we never got a Isolation sequel. Fucking execs and their sales targets. Why dont they use their brains and think just how loved the orig game became, meaning that a sequel would probably sell considerably more than the orig game.

Hudo

Well, I'd love a spiritual successor to Rainbow Six, since Ubisoft have decided that Rainbow Six is going to be a multiplayer-focused franchise.

Creative assembly to be swept up by MS when they buy Sega

Microsoft and Disney get in bed to create Alien and Predator games, including a remake of the AvP RTS, made by 343 and Creative Assembly.

Halo, Alien, Predator Cross-over film and game in the works in collaboration with Disney, exclusive to Disney+ and Gamepass.

We can all dream, right?

Wouldn't we know way before they even had a chance to announce if they bought Sega or not? All shareholders would have to be notified in case of a bid.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Please be Alien Isolation 2
I am so in love with the first one. Played it mutliple times on consoles and later even on PC in glorious 4k/60fps :p
First rule of thumb. It'll never be something you want..

If no one can do a proper Aliens game in 34 years, we aint getting one now.

Top Bottom