• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creator of Days Gone- John Garvin- LiveStream Friday 11am- and yeah, he's talking about the article.

SlimySnake SlimySnake

Why would SONY want a replacement for any other show? Have you not seen what numbers playstation trailers and announcements make in a single day on YT? Why in the world would they be paying loads of cash to a conference center like E3 when they get jsut as much if not more views on YT. And they have been doing that regularly, Im really not sure what gamer starvation you are talking about. This is pretty normal for a brand new system in its first months on the market, even the PS4 had a drought until hits started pumping out. I dont know what you want, for them to release 5 AAA games in one month?

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Thanks! It was so much fun talking to those guys! Thanks for watching!
Hey, great show! Please invite more developers in the future.

Question: Considering what Gavin said, and based on your hunch (not any insider info that you may have and can't share), what do you think of Kojima's next game partner? Do you think it'll be Sony or Xbox?

davidjaffe

The Fucking MAN.
Hey, great show! Please invite more developers in the future.

Question: Considering what Gavin said, and based on your hunch (not any insider info that you may have and can't share), what do you think of Kojima's next game partner? Do you think it'll be Sony or Xbox?
I think it will be Xbox. No insider info, just educated guess based on the kinds of things Sony is greenlighting these days, the things Ryan has said, how his last game performed, and how he prob is at a point where he doesn't want to have to answer to anyone at a creative level. But I have no idea- just me guessing.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I think it will be Xbox. No insider info, just educated guess based on the kinds of things Sony is greenlighting these days, the things Ryan has said, how his last game performed, and how he prob is at a point where he doesn't want to have to answer to anyone at a creative level. But I have no idea- just me guessing.
Yeah, I think so, too. I think Days Gone did better than Death Stranding commercially. And if Days Gone 2 isn't happening, a future Kojima project is even less likely to happen. Thanks for the response.

rofif

Banned
Yeah, I think so, too. I think Days Gone did better than Death Stranding commercially. And if Days Gone 2 isn't happening, a future Kojima project is even less likely to happen. Thanks for the response.
I know death stranding is not for everyone but it is something unique and different. Super high quality too. Imo best.
Days gone is ok. Better than sum of it's mediocre parts once you feel the mood. Need to replay

Bartski

Gold Member
Yeah man davidjaffe davidjaffe , nice job. What makes it special IMO is the introspective and self-critical attitude both you and your guests can now afford, I hope that becomes the hallmark of the show with more great guests to follow

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Great point about Days sales v. Stranding sales. I think you are 100% correct on that.

I doubt expectations sales-wise were the same though, and also throughout the build to launch DS was generating interest and clicks whereas for whatever reason Days Gone always seemed to be fighting an uphill batter perceptually from the initial E3 reveal.

Also, lets not forget Hermen Hulst is the guy who gave Kojima his studio's code and partnered with him on the game. Seems like a useful guy to have on side to me!

Lastly, I would not be surprised if Kojima is intending to work on multiple projects; after all if you look at the guy's resume its obvious he's always been more than a game director, he's got as many or more credits as a exec producer or creative consultant.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
There were rumours a few years ago that ND were making a Savage Starlight game, and the team did tour SpaceX along with Ashley Johnson, so I believe there may have been some truth in it. But that was around 2017 and we have heard nothing since, so it was either shelved or cancelled.I

Edit-However thinking about it there was the museum level in TLOU2, which is probably why they went to SpaceX
I've some bad news to confirm on that front. In an interview with Neil Druckmann (Also known as Cuckmann if you are 12 years of age) he said prior to mocap for TLOU2 Neil asked both Ashley and Troy when they were younger what they wanted to be. Troy wanted to be a singer and the guitar section was put in at the start, while Ashley wanted to be an astronaut so the space museum was put in. I was hoping Naughty Dog would continue their trend of a new IP per generation but we are owed 2 new IP presently. 😂 maybe they'll give us Savage Starlight for PS5 with a Mass Effect flavour.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Quantum Error made by 4 people, Valheim looks like made in Dreams by one person.

Days Gone comparison? Really?

Big Sean Omg GIF

I should hope a Sony Bend that took 7 years to make has better graphics than Valheim. Congratulations?

Still, one is a mediocre game that took 7 years to make. The other is a GotY candidate that is about to surpass 7 million sold.

Remember when Jason Garrett was the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys for a few years and always had mediocre teams? Mediocre output leads to leadership positions changing, naturally.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Remember when Jason Garrett was the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys for a few years and always had mediocre teams? Mediocre output leads to leadership positions changing, naturally.

Mate, I'm not American so I don't watch NFL :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Had to google it to know what you're talking about. Days Gone is a much bigger, complex game it's pretty silly to even discuss that.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Mate, I'm not American so I don't watch NFL :lollipop_tears_of_joy: Had to google it know what you're talking about. Days Gone is a much bigger, complex game it's pretty silly to even discuss that.

My main criticism stems from the "We took 7 years because that was our first open world game" quote.

No. You took 7 years because leadership at your studio was borderline incompetent.

Though, admittedly maybe the 4 people who made Valheim worked on RDR2, Assassin's Creed, and Breath of the Wild...

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
These interviews have made me interested to jump back in after I complete ghost of tsushima. Also, a lot is down to Rebel FM and Anthony's positive comments on the ps5 version. I'm in the first few hours but put it down for ghost.

Being a bit of a biker at heart, triumph speed triple owner. I'm looking forward to cruising around on my bike.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
These interviews have made me interested to jump back in after I complete ghost of tsushima. Also, a lot is down to Rebel FM and Anthony's positive comments on the ps5 version. I'm in the first few hours but put it down for ghost.

Being a bit of a biker at heart, triumph speed triple owner. I'm looking forward to cruising around on my bike.

Just remember the game "Castlevania's" you by giving you a fully upgraded bike at the outset before knocking you back down to a clunker that you have to rebuild over the course of the story. So it takes awhile before you'll get to enjoy riding to its fullest, which in some respects is a shame, but in retrospect its satisfying how you get to feel increasingly free to ride the game's broken road.

Bragr

Banned
Great interview, super interesting to listen to. I think the point Garvin was making about Days Done being unfairly attacked for being "just another zombie game" was really good. There will always be zombie games, there is nothing wrong with that, just as there will always be games where you kill monsters. What makes the game good or not is the gameplay and the stories being told in the zombie game, not the fact that that it's a zombie game.

There have been many zombie games after Days Gone that didn't get attacked for that.

I think the biggest thing that affected the reviews is the bait and switch after Mike's Camp, where the game suddenly opens up a new vast area and another 10-20 hours of game time. There is something about feeling you are towards the end, getting you mentally prepared to be finished, and then suddenly realizing that's not the case that negatively affects players I think, even if you like the game. It's like eating a good burger and then suddenly you gotta eat 4 potatoes after you are done with it. If that part was shorter and wrapped up the story quicker, I think it would make a big difference. There are parts of Days Gone where you think you are about finished only to realize you are halfway through.

I think reviewers soured on the game in that part, they got tired of a lot of the open-world systems and that's also the area that sufferers a lot of technical issues. It also opens up big new narrative arches that you thought were done, which was a bit weird. I didn't mind it too much since I'm a sucker for open-world games, but it's easy to see some reviewers getting negatively affected by it.

My main criticism stems from the "We took 7 years because that was our first open world game" quote.

No. You took 7 years because leadership at your studio was borderline incompetent.

Though, admittedly maybe the 4 people who made Valheim worked on RDR2, Assassin's Creed, and Breath of the Wild...

Maybe one day we'll all think you're not a crazy man in a box

But that is certainly not today

Hunnybun

One question that keeps occurring to me watching these recent videos, is whether there isn't another side to the argument that we should cut Sony slack because of hugely increased dev costs.

1. Is the market not also bigger these days? Aren't most of these games still making profits?

2. Are sequels to hits like Horizon, TLOU, God of War etc REALLY risks? Technically they are, of course, because of big upfront investments, but the chances of them not making a good return must be almost negligible.

I dunno, I'm just sceptical of this narrative that Sony are under severe pressure to minimise risk. They're making billions from PlayStation.

Also, it pisses me off that at the same time they close studios and reject sequels to promising franchises, they've apparently been waving their cheque book at every 3rd party developer around, trying to secure bullshit times exclusivity deals.

It looks to me like they have plenty of resources, but they'd rather use them to secure cynical timed exclusives than developer their own stuff. Which is fine, maybe that's what their analysts say has the best return. But they can't also expect the kind of irrational loyalty that might keep players from jumping ship to game pass.

Humdinger

I'm disappointed to hear that Sony is paying so much attention to Metacritic scores. You'd think they'd pay more attention to sales. Mat Piscatella (NPD) once said that sales aren't significantly impacted until Metacritic scores get above 90%. At that point, Metacritic averages do correlate with greater sales, but below 90%, the correlation is very small. I don't see why Sony would care whether a game gets a 75 vs. an 85 average, given that the impact on sales is minimal.

It also bothers me because it gives game reviewers a lot more power than they deserve. Too many reviewers are unqualified, shills, don't actually play the games thoroughly, don't really like games, or are just after clicks.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I'm disappointed to hear that Sony is paying so much attention to Metacritic scores. You'd think they'd pay more attention to sales. Mat Piscatella (NPD) once said that sales aren't significantly impacted until Metacritic scores get above 90%. At that point, Metacritic averages do correlate with greater sales, but below 90%, the correlation is very small. I don't see why Sony would care whether a game gets a 75 vs. an 85 average, given that the impact on sales is minimal.

It also bothers me because it gives game reviewers a lot more power than they deserve. Too many reviewers are unqualified, shills, don't actually play the games thoroughly, don't really like games, or are just after clicks.
yeah that was one of the bombshells imo, something like "when you make a game in 70 you're done directing"...

Have there been other Sony first-party games than Knacks and Days Gone last-gen that ended up "in the yellow zone" sub 75 meta?

sublimit

Banned
I started watching thinking i'd watch for half an hour or something and i ended up watching (well mostly listening) for almost 3 hours. Very interesting interview, John Garvin sounds like a very honest and upfront person. I will watch/listen the rest of it later tonight.

I wish he could talk more freely though but it's understandable that he still has to respect NDAs even though he's not at Sony anymore. I think this is a problem in this industry. People like Jason Schreier don't have NDAs and they can make things up out of their asses (always without giving away their "sources") and the actual people who DO work in the industry can't confirm or deny that shit because they are under NDAs.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

There were also those rumors that he went to Stadia for it and they rejected him.

Fake

Director of the game supporting the petition.......hmmmm. Game was not woke enough to comiefornia standards and he can’t speak about that 🤡

B82-C9-E7-C-10-F3-45-EB-BAE8-B5707-D6-F4-B1-F.jpg

F2915-AF3-747-C-44-AD-914-B-C81-D555-EBF40.jpg

He will be shocked when Days Gone come to PC and his popularity will increase if you count the mod community.

Bryank75

Banned
There were also those rumors that he went to Stadia for it and they rejected him.
There's probably at least 2 projects, the less well received one went down the line and Xbox decided to fund it as something experimental. The more commercial thing Sony may have funded, we wont know till announcements come out.

Metnut

I’d like to see the Days Gone team use some of their experience and assets from the game to make a new open world non-zombie IP for PS5.

Bragr

Banned

Good sales of a single new game ain't that easy to read, if you put tons of money into marketing you can hype something up a lot, but being able to reach the same hype with a sequel when the first was considered a low 70 on Metacritic is gonna be very hard. A potential Days Gone 2 might very well sell half, which isn't good enough to warrant a big budget. It's just too much of a risk for Sony to take when they can use that money on a new Spider-Man or whatever.

I liked Days gone. In fact I think it's better than Ghost Of Tushima which to me is very overrated but there is nothing wrong with Sony wanting a new IP over Days Gone 2.

I'm not sure I agree with Garvin's notion about maybe changing Boozer into a black dude if he had a second go. I get where he's coming from, but I don't think it would be very grounded or rational in terms of MC gangs and the culture surrounding it. It would've been better to let these "white biker dudes" go on a journey with some kind of character development arc and reflect on prejudice along the way to the point where they exhibit acceptance or change in those values in subtle ways.

Just shoving it "in there" doesn't seem very sensible unless Garvin is sitting on some great idea on how to make it work that I'm not seeing.

Btw, I had no idea the guy was doing his doctorate/P.hd before he entired the industry. People like that are invalueble. I'm not saying Garvin singlehandedly made the studio what it is, or anything like that, but its a loss to Bend nonetheless to see such an overqualified guy go. It also explains why most of Sony Bend's games have been so underappreciated in the narration department. Syphon filter's overarching storyline was very cohesive and consistent.

From what I've watched of Days gone's story (approx. 40%~60%) it was equally as well handled. I don't get where these complaints about the story come from and the critics seemingly overblow two minor details (Sarah's rear and the line at the wedding) across such a long story is so fucking weird. I'm almost willing to bet the majority of these "thorough" media people didn't play the full game to get the entire picture or made a shallow assessment at best. Its a total disservice to Garvin's, Ross', and Sony bend's work. I really don't get what those reviewers were smoking, but I shouldn't be surprised at this point.

Actually it is true even if sad... I find Metacritic useful to make purchases and I believe most gamers too.

Everybody is... mind share matters for a big franchise.

Then you got a very narrow idea of what games are worth playing.

I get that you're from Brazil and a games cost almost as much as a lambo over there which gives you the right to be picky, but your scope for whats worth playing is really warped if you go by Metacritic as the "go-to" source for gaming recommendations.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Then you got a very narrow idea of what games are worth playing.

I get that you're from Brazil and a games cost almost as much as a lamborghini over there which gives you the right to be picky, but your scope for whats worth playing is really warped if you go by Metacritic as the "go-to" source for gaming recommendations.
No. I have a good ideia of what games are wroth of playing in my limited time and Metracritic is very useful.
I played a lot of games that I loved due Metacritic.

No. I have a good ideia of what games are wroth of playing in my limited time and Metracritic is very useful.
I played a lot of games that I loved due Metacritic.

I wasn't saying it was a bad idea. I said it was a narrow idea to solely determine your game choices based on what Metacritic recommends to get. But, whatever man, you do you.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I wasn't saying it was a bad idea. I said it was a narrow idea to solely determine your game choices based on what Metacritic recommends to get. But, whatever man, you do you.
I believe the issues are people that doesn't know how to use Metacritic.
I want to play a new turn-based JRPG.
I go on Metacritic and looks at the ones with good score.
Watch gameplay videos and try demo if there are one.
So I decide what I will play... if there is none that I liked I lower the score.

Sometimes it is amazing... I only realized Person 4 Golden, Digimon PS4 and the whole Cold Stell franchise due Metacritic.
Sometimes you are unlucky... The Banner Saga is so boring, Digasea 5 is meh, etc... the issue here was that the scores were good and the gameplay videos looked good and of my liking but sadly I brought them and got down because the gameplay videos were deceptive imo.

It filters what I will choose and it works pretty well... after all nobody has limitless time... life is small and you need to make sure to use your time wisely and that where Metacritic-like tools enters to help us use our time better.

It is the same for movies... Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes are key tools that helped me to watches the very best movies I ever watched.

The tools is there to help... people that hates the tools are the ones narrow minded that has no ideia how to use the tools for his/her beneficie.

Edit - Added a simple example.

Last edited:
I really wish people would stop treating Kojima as some kind of god, his last two games were terrible, just because he wants to make something doesn't mean someone should just write him a check. It seems like he doesn't even know what he wants to make until he's half way done lol. People can blame Konami all they want for how bad MGSV was but it seems like he just didn't want to be told that at some point he needed to finish up, it took nearly twice as long to make MGSV as it did the previous game and that was all he had to show for 7 years? A nearly empty open world, rinse and repeat missions that kept taking place at the same two or three spots? Yeah the wolf looked great, some nice rain effects and it ran decently but there was very little actual game there in all that mess. Easily the most overrated game of the generation, reviewers weren't looking at it with a critical or even objective eye they just saw Kojima and automatically said they loved it because they were being sheep.

Last edited:
I believe the issues are people that doesn't know how to use Metacritic.

It is the same for movies... Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes are key tools that helped me to watches the very best movies I ever watched.

Look, Etho, if you believe Metacritic is the "master solution" to all your game picking problems then that's just great for you.

I could go on about how navigating, searching, or using it as a "key tool" is the least of its problems. I didn't intend to derail this topic into a talk about Metacritic so I'll just leave it be at that.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Look, Etho, if you believe Metacritic is the "master solution" to all your game picking problems then that's just great for you.

I could go on about how navigating, searching, or using it as a "key tool" is the least of its problems. I didn't intend to derail this topic into a talk about Metacritic so I'll just leave it be at that.
I added a simple example in my post to help undestand.
I do believe people that doesn't use or doesn't know how to use a tool have a narrow minded.

Metacritic-like tools for what it was created do it job perfectly.
Said that I would love to have a Rotten Tomatoes for Games that should added a new layer of help.

The hate a tools that helps people gets here is something I don’t understand.

I get the issue of publishers using Metacritic as key tools for success seems wrong but what they can do? Every company set bonus on several market indicators... so if your creation reach these indices you get more because the company got more.

What you can use in the place of Metascore? I don’t think it should be ignored by companies... devs should focus in make critically acclaimed games to generate more money.

Game development is business.

Last edited:

Humdinger

yeah that was one of the bombshells imo, something like "when you make a game in 70 you're done directing"...

Have there been other Sony first-party games than Knacks and Days Gone last-gen that ended up "in the yellow zone" sub 75 meta?

I don't know, good question. I can't remember any, off the top of my head.

Good sales of a single new game ain't that easy to read, if you put tons of money into marketing you can hype something up a lot, but being able to reach the same hype with a sequel when the first was considered a low 70 on Metacritic is gonna be very hard. A potential Days Gone 2 might very well sell half, which isn't good enough to warrant a big budget. It's just too much of a risk for Sony to take when they can use that money on a new Spider-Man or whatever.

I can understand that. Taking financial risks is tough, and if the first game wasn't well-received critically, the second one probably wouldn't be, either.

But then, we're back to the issue of sales. If critical reception doesn't affect sales when the score is below 90, then why assume that a score of 70 would predict poor sales for the sequel? I just don't think Metacritic averages at these levels impact sales, so I don't understand why Sony is making decisions based on them.

yurinka

He cant. They both mention how Sony PR and Sony Marketing has turned to this ridiculous WE MUST NOT ALLOW DEVS TO SPEAK policy where any kind of genuine conversation like simply cannot take place. It's sad but it's emblematic of current Sony PR. No one is allowed to talk or react or do anything.

Not only Sony, same goes with the PR department in any big company. No interview is made without approving first the interviewed (who gets trained for the interview and mentioned what he can talk about and what not) and the interviewer. And after or during the interview the PR people can say 'hey don't talk about this/please remove this question'. It applies the same for any big publisher, developer or any big non-gaming company, specially if publicly traded.

It's like Jaffe just said Sony is having a rough fucking two months and there is radio silence from them. That might work in 2012 or 2013 but times have changed. People want immediacy in everything and sony is just not adopting fast enough.

Morales outsold TLOU2 and Tsushima, who already sell great, so must be near 10M copies sold. PS5 is the best selling console ever during its first months at least in USA and seems on track to be the same worldwide. PlayStation yearly revenue for 2020 was the biggest one any console maker ever did in gaming history. Sony's game subscriptions generate more money and have more subscribers than the MS ones.

Sony is doing perfectly fine, they are performing great. Don't have any reason to comment any random rumor posted on internet or news from some media that often lies (see Bloomberg's Square article being debunked).

It's really hard for people to not jump to conclusions when Sony are being this fucking quiet about everything. After all, if Sony hadnt said no to kojima, surely they would come out and deny that rumor. if Sony had bluepoint working on the MGS rumor, surely they would deny the fact that MS is the one having BP make. If they hadnt cancelled Days Gone 2, surely they would say hey we are making it. But because they are completely silent, people have no choice but to assume the worst.
Sony has no reason to deny random rumors and lies posted on internet unless it's someting really imporant that could negatively impact them on the stocks or similar.

Regarding next Kojima game published by Sony, MGS Bluepoint remake or Days Gone 2, if they exist will announce and shown them whenever they think it's the proper time and in the proper way (E3 stream or similar). That's all.

They won't reveal now their secret projects that had planned for E3 because some random guy on the internet made a good guess or leaked something. They don't have to explain you why they and their studios decide to greenlight a project or another one for each studio. They will show you the next game of these studios once they are ready to be shown and how it needs to be announced and shown.

If it would be the case (something I doubt, because any publisher would want to have Kojima) they think players aren't interested enough on Kojima bizarre games after seeing low sales in the first game for them, it's ok and don't need to mention it publicly.

If they think Days Gone 2 Metacritic of 71 was maybe too low to invest a monster budget for a sequel, even more if the main two guys in charge of the first one left because they are getting old and don't fit well on working in huge projects, and the Bend current writers are a mess and are fighting each other, and think that while they get the next project greenlighted is better to help ND with some projects it's ok and don't need to menton it publicly. If they decide that it's better to don't greenlight or kill DG2 and make a new IP instead as the next main project of the studio is ok and they don't need to mention it now, they will just announce the new IP once it's ready to be shown.

I can understand that. Taking financial risks is tough, and if the first game wasn't well-received critically, the second one probably wouldn't be, either.

But then, we're back to the issue of sales. If critical reception doesn't affect sales when the score is below 90, then why assume that a score of 70 would predict poor sales for the sequel? I just don't think Metacritic averages at these levels impact sales, so I don't understand why Sony is making decisions based on them.
They also take other factors to decide if they greenlight or cancel a game. As an example, in addition to the 'bad' metacritic (if they would have delayed it a few months more to fix its bugs and performance issues it had at launch, that I assume were worse in the review code before the day one patch, the game would have get a better MC but maybe not too much), maybe the game was profitable but barely profitable while other blockbusters for them are way more profitable so they saw sales reception as something risky too (something it may change after releasing it on PC, including it on PS Plus, etc).

In addition to this, maybe the submitted pitch for DG2 made without John Garvin was a turd and was rejected because of that and Sony asked them to rework it before greenlighting it somewhere in the future.

Maybe they needed someone to help ND during a few months and wasn't the time to greenlight a new big Bend game now, so decided to greenlight it later and when it was the time of greenlighting it the studio leadership was changed and the studio leadership prefered a new IP instead of DG2.

Or maybe in Sony's lineup for near future they already have a ton of sequels (Ratchet, Horizon 2, GoWR, Spider-Man 2, GT7, Factions 2, TLOU remake, Uncharted spinoff, FF16, FFVIIEp 2, GoT2, Bloodborne 2 etc) and wants Bend to work on a new IP because they did a good job with DG1, and asked them to save DG2 in the fridge for later.

Or who knows, maybe it isn't Sony who killed DG2. Maybe it's the new Bend studio leadership and writers who prefer a new IP over DG2 since the start. And even if Sony sees a huge new IP as something more risky than DG2 they allowed the studio to do whatever they want.

Well, sales aren't the only things they take into account to greenlight stuff, see what I posted above. Maybe things like the balance between new IPs and sequels for their next few years of exclusives. Maybe simply the dev studio wanting to do something else. Maybe how their previous games were reviewed.

Stadia debunked it saying they didn't reject any Kojima game. These rumors about upcoming Kojima games are probably all bullshit, like the one about the next Silent Hill game.

Last edited:
I added a simple example in my post to help undestand.
I do believe people that doesn't use or doesn't know how to use a tool have a narrow minded.

Metacritic-like tools for what it was created do it job perfectly.
Said that I would love to have a Rotten Tomatoes for Games that should added a new layer of help.

The hate a tools that helps people gets here is something I don’t understand.

I get the issue of publishers using Metacritic as key tools for success seems wrong but what they can do? Every company set bonus on several market indicators... so if your creation reach these indices you get more because the company got more.

What you can use in the place of Metascore? I don’t think it should be ignored by companies... devs should focus in make critically acclaimed games to generate more money.

Game development is business.

Etho, let it go. I disagree with you and I'll save my pov for a thread that makes it a relevant place to talk about it. If you find Metacritic useful then that's good for you. I got nothing else to add.

If you want to continue this discussion you're welcome to go debate with a wall.

Last edited:

Humdinger

maybe the game was profitable but barely profitable

In addition to this, maybe the submitted pitch for DG2 made without John Garvin was a turd and was rejected because of that

Yes, I think those are possibilities (as well as the other things you mention). It's impossible for us to know, really. But you're right, there are more things than just Metacritic averages playing in.

I guess I'm just griping that Sony is considering Metacritic averages at all. I wish they weren't a part of the equation.

Top Bottom