• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepiest monster in gaming?

LOZ_NES_Blue_Darknut.png

Gravijah

Second said:
Lisa Trevor in REmake. I'm pretty immune when it comes to getting scared by anything in a game. But she...

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Fuuuuuuck that shit, man. Her entire backstory is one big fucked thing.

This motherfucker
69268-29-2.jpg

near the end of Contra 3 scared the shit out of me when I was a kid.

I bet this was the first arcade game to scare people
sinistar.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I was playing Prey, and was near this:

I dropped my controller, as I was picking it up, my mom walks in to ask me a ?

She goes WTF! are you doing/playing/watching?

I tell her it's a game, afterward she gave me a weird look for weeks, I was frightened to play the game near anyone when these vagina walls popped up

MDSLKTR

UFRA said:
So then you shoot it, and if you don't shoot it just right and kill it in one shot, its body parts come after you too...

Whoa. I didn't even know that, how do you do it?

UFRA

MDSLKTR said:
Whoa. I didn't even know that, how do you do it?

To be perfectly honest it's been so long I can't remember.

But I think I did it with the alternate fire of the Line gun. That exploding ball thing. Don't quote me on that though.

Synless

ReyBrujo said:
Jason from NES' Friday the 13th.
maf0nd.jpg

Turning around the house and suddenly appearing. Plus the music.
This is the one, never knew he was there until it was too late.....

venom2124

Of course Pyramid Head.

Also, the gorilla looking monster with the two baby faces is scary as hell in Silent Hill 4. First time I came across one, it was frozen in place just pointing at me. creepy

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Lots of creepy fuckers in Demon's Souls.

Top honors go to The Mindflayers (creepy Cthulu guy) and Legion (mass of bodies). Unfortunately there seems to be no pictures of them on the Innernet. Oh, and the Plague Babies, too. Gross.

Gravijah

Also FUCK YES AT THE GODDAMN PARASITE 2 EVEN MONSTERS. Those things scared the living hell out of me as a kid, even when I used a gameshark. And Giygas was really unsettling even just two years ago for me.

Ikkarus

ReDead.png

The one monster that really freaked me out was the ReDead's in Wind Waker. They would just stand there all still then when you walk near them they would let out that horrid scream and their eyes would glow red.

If you wish to sample their scream.

Alucrid

Banned
Bentendo said:
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Bentendo24/C2_Bear.jpg[IMG]

The Condemned 2 bear 0_0

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZ0cai9NsI[/url]

Watch that video (ALL OF IT!!!). You'll laugh your head off but don't doubt that you wouldn't act the same if you were in that situation! :lol[/QUOTE]

I hope they make another. Yeah shit got crazy at the end of the second one but still, it was a fun game.

Snuggler said:
Lots of creepy fuckers in Demon's Souls.

Top honors go to The Mindflayers (creepy Cthulu guy) and Legion (mass of bodies). Unfortunately there seems to be no pictures of them on the Innernet. Oh, and the Plague Babies, too. Gross.

I'll second the mindflayer. I love how he creeps around, ringing that bell.

Rocket786

samusaran02-Metroid_NES_38287_640screen.jpg

Never been as scared of a monster coming at me as I was of that bastard. I was a little kid and the floating life draining Metroids would give me nightmares! It didn't help that the first time I got to that area, I had the wave beam and no freeze beam...

The RE4 regenerator comes 2nd.

Everyone's taken the low-hanging fruit already :(

Well, I'll find SOMETHING...
Closer from SH3
s3.%20potw8.jpg

Duvalia from RE5
Duvalia.png

Now, that tail-thing hanging to the side, I believe that was the guy's rib cage. But I just can't be sure anymore!

Sibylus

Banned
Poison Headcrab & Zombie (Half-Life 2 and Episodes)

- The goddamn noises these things make
- One bite from one of these Headcrabs reduces your health to 1, and it regains slowly
- If hit again while your health is regaining, it becomes fixed
- Poison Zombies can throw them at insane ranges (even onto the roofs of buildings)

250px-Headcrab_poison.jpg
250px-Poison_zombie.jpg

Botolf said:

- One bite from one of these Headcrabs reduces your health to 1, and it regains slowly
- Poison Zombies can throw them at insane ranges (even onto the roofs of buildings)

250px-Poison_zombie.jpg
oh jesus

Bentendo said:
http://i788.photobucket.com/albums/yy167/Bentendo24/C2_Bear.jpg[IMG]

The Condemned 2 bear 0_0

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PZ0cai9NsI[/url]

Watch that video (ALL OF IT!!!). You'll laugh your head off but don't doubt that you wouldn't act the same if you were in that situation! :lol[/QUOTE]

LMAO Thanks for this, haven't laughed like that in a while.:lol

Botolf said:

250px-Poison_zombie.jpg

Oh my God that is truly disgusting!

DonMigs85

The damn ReDeads aren't really scary looking, but their moans and screams send chills down my spine.
I also hated those blade-snouted serpentine things in Half-Life, and that merman monster with the exposed beating heart in House of the Dead 2.

Danneee

methane47 said:
crabs.jpg

I've never been soo scared in my life

I can't believe it took GAF over one hundred posts to get it right. This is the reason I will never play through Half Life 2 ever again :(

MoFuzz

Some great mentions so far, but how could you all forget this little guy, skulking along in the shadows, before a quick pounce and death?

16axtw3.jpg

Proboscis, meet face.

Top Bottom