• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Creepiest monster in gaming?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I do believe my vote goes to the Regenerator/Iron Maiden in RE4

2h2jkif.jpg

Just look at that motherfucker. The creepy music that plays when they're around is ace too.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Lost Fragment said:

Just look at that motherfucker. The creepy music that plays when they're around is ace too.

You know, Nemesis didn't look very creepy but the god damn music and knowing that he's essentially invincible freaked me out a lot in RE3.

Binabik15

I stopped playing RE4 for half a month because I didn´t have the thermosight and taking the first Regenerator down took most of my Magnum ammo. I was freaked out by them ever since.

Majmun

Lisa Trevor in REmake. I'm pretty immune when it comes to getting scared by anything in a game. But she...

your regular zombie in RE. creeped me out when i first played it in (half) japanese 14 years ago. it didn't help that i've played the first half in black and white, i swear i couldn't sleep for 2 weeks.

i can't bear the humanlike ugliness.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:

2h2jkif.jpg

the sound they made was the creepiest thing about em

Lost Fragment said:

2h2jkif.jpg

The music with that thang helped change the atmosphere too

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
There's this one Majini in RE5 that mutates the whole body or whatever when you get a headshot. Like, it turns into a kind of spherical lookign thing on its head and kind of spreads along its body. Anyone know what that is?

Alex

Khezu (Monster Hunter) and Spitter (L4D2). The sound has a lot to do with both. Normally things in games dont creep me out much but those two are just fucking creepy with the audio.

Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, Resident Evil, never really scary to me.

System Shock 2 got me quite a bit as a kid though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Shibito (Siren)

2-1.jpg

siren-blood-curse-20080516031040470.jpg

Eileen Face (Silent Hill 4, technically not a monster)

ss_preview_Silent_Hill_4_PC_00.jpg

Nizz

ItsInMyVeins said:
Left 4 Dead 2. Didn't know they looked like that, though.
Wow, that's a creepy ass character. Oh, and the "babies" from Doom 3 were pretty creepy...

Doom_5--article_blog_image.jpg

Platy

I have played thousands of survival horrors and games like that .... but NOTHING gives me the cold feeling like the redead from the 3d zeldas ><

But in a "eeew" creppy sense ... i will have to go with House of the Dead : Overkill's last boss =P

Pete Rock

qkshamblerwalker.gif

Although creatures from contemporary survival horror games obviously trump this fellow for objective creepiness, he will always have a very special place in my heart :lol

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
i_am_not_jon_ames said:
White_splicer.png

the fact that they're totally silent and how when you turn around, that first one is just standing there looking at you. *shudder*
Not the creepiest, but when you first come across them it's sure as hell unnerving, especially once you start thinking about it.

First time I was able to get a close look at 'em, I thought "hmm, this guy's pretty messed up."
Then I went over and smacked one with a wrench.
"Oh."

"OH."

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
%E3%81%93%E3%81%AE%E3%82%B9%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%A0%E3%81%98%E3%82%83%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E3%82%88.jpg

Sometimes, that Slime... he looks right into ya. Right into your eyes. And, you know, the thing about a Slime... he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be living... until he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ahh, then you hear that terrible high-pitched screaming. The grass turns red, and despite all the pounding and the hollering, they all come in and they... rip you to pieces.

Top Bottom