• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Critical Role: Voice Actors Playing D&D

Hate to post three times in a row like this, but did anyone watch last weeks ep? Just saw it from their main page. Pleasant surprise in it.

Yay Pike!

I'm on episode 14. I think liam and Matt takes it the must seriously. Liam is the group rules lawyer, which is funny.

Ashley seems the midst unfamiliar. .. or did at first. I think that is just her character though. Sums times is hard to tell.

Orian takes the game pet serious too. It's fun watching him go full Tiberius.

Percy is played like a video game character. Haven't seen to much rping from him.

Mersha,laura,and sam ham up in a fun way. They seem more rp focused then battle focused. Travis. He just wants to do bad ass shit and have fun.

Fafnir

Watched today's episode live for the first time. Damn Vax,
was hoping he would die and Liam be forced to play the fanboy he knocked around.

Scanlan is the man, love his songs and comedic wit.
6VQA6R4.gif

Sera O

Banned
Damn Vax,
was hoping he would die and Liam be forced to play the fanboy he knocked around.

I totally thought that Vax
was going to be toast after last week's episode. I kind of wonder if Liam wants to start a new character - he gives me that impression sometimes
. Haven't watched this week's yet.

Scanlan is the man, love his songs and comedic wit.

Scanlan's the best, It's just not as fun when he's not there. The tiefling
slumber party marathon
is such a funny mental picture. I really like how he gives Tiberius shit, too. Scanlan too good.

Fafnir

I totally thought that Vax
was going to be toast after last week's episode. I kind of wonder if Liam wants to start a new character - he gives me that impression sometimes
. Haven't watched this week's yet.

Yeah I have a feeling that Liam wants the notoriety of being the first one killed.

Also that Tiefling Warlock that guested with Felicia Day needs to become a perm member, she was badass.

hiryu

I had no idea this existed. This is pretty great. As someone who played roleplaying games for over 25 years but hasn't been able to for the last few years, I thank you!

I had no idea this existed. This is pretty great. As someone who played roleplaying games for over 25 years but hasn't been able to for the last few years, I thank you!

You're in luck. Tonight is a new ep on Twitch (7pm PST) and the whole gang (including Ashley) will be at NYCC.

NewGame

Banned
I dunno who these people are but their voices are like a nonstop Saturday morning cartoon. Aside from that it seems like a pretty straight forward and session with people eating scary amounts of sugar and not turning up for sessions.

The DM though is pretty amazing, managing 8 players very fluidly and keeping the story on track and the players in line for the set pieces- something extremely difficult to do between juggling NPC voices and motives. He's the real star.

Is there a bunch of sessions missing or something? They keep talking about stuff that happened previously- especially when the bag of holding is mentioned. Is this all recorded from the middle of a campaign?

I dunno who these people are but their voices are like a nonstop Saturday morning cartoon. Aside from that it seems like a pretty straight forward and session with people eating scary amounts of sugar and not turning up for sessions.

The DM though is pretty amazing, managing 8 players very fluidly and keeping the story on track and the players in line for the set pieces- something extremely difficult to do between juggling NPC voices and motives. He's the real star.

Is there a bunch of sessions missing or something? They keep talking about stuff that happened previously- especially when the bag of holding is mentioned. Is this all recorded from the middle of a campaign?

They started playing this 2.5 years ago personally but as of Feb/March this year started streaming it on G&S Twitch. Tonight's was the 29th ep. All the previous eps are up on the G&S site.

Froli

Well this is strange. Doesn't seem to be health related but, Orion Acaba who plays Tiberius would no longer be appearing in Critical Role. :(

Fuck cancer

Oh Lord, if that's the reason he hasn't been showing up in the last two episodes, then yes, fuck cancer with a ten-foot pole.

Hoping for a safe recovery and a triumphant return to Critical Role
and a front-row seat to the Briarwoods getting their asses kicked.

Well this is strange. Doesn't seem to be health related but, Orion Acaba who plays Tiberius would no longer be appearing in Critical Role. :(

Just read about it too. They're keeping hush hush on why though. Seems he won't be doing his other show either.

Honestly, I wish him luck but I'm not exactly upset over it. The past two episodes without him have been stellar. I would cringe whenever he would do something because the gameplay would grind to a hault as he tried to do fifty billion things at once. Take the last episode he was in. Matt said before the break that it was going to be a short time shopping so don't overdo it and what did Orion do? Tried to do everything on his damn list. Travis looked like he was getting really annoyed too.

edit: I don't think it's his cancer. I'm thinking this is more internal situations within the group.

Grexeno

I wonder if someone new will join or something. Especially considering Ashley Johnson is probably only going to appear rarely going forward.

Froli

ElderBrony posted this even before the announcement
Orion has also changed his twitter feed to show no mention of Tiberius at all. He has changed it to Pariah. Combined with the issues the last couple of weeks and some issues that I'm not going to discuss (if you're an acabaconda you already know) I have a feeling they're removing Orion from Critical Role.

from the Stream announcment, it's mentioned that they reached an impasse in group dynamics.
And from Matter mercer himself
This is a difficult private matter that lead to a divergence of a gaming group

Grexeno

I'm watching Ep. 27, and damn I'm going to miss Orion.

"I'd like to visit ALL THE SHOPS. And I'd like to buy 1500 MIRRORS."

Seems they're having issues getting last thurs. episode up on the site (should have been up yesterday).

Last week's show was pretty late too. I know it wasn't up until sometime after midnight CST on Tues. because I missed it and was hitting command-R like crazy all night Monday night. Thought that was just because of the personnel issue, but maybe not.

Thursday's show had a looooong "Critmass" aftershow too.

Last week's show was pretty late too. I know it wasn't up until sometime after midnight CST on Tues. because I missed it and was hitting command-R like crazy all night Monday night. Thought that was just because of the personnel issue, but maybe not.

Thursday's show had a looooong "Critmas" aftershow too.

Funny that considering the whole reason they did the once a month thing was to cut back on staying late. Honestly, as much as I like watching them open the gifts I wouldn't be upset if they just ended up ditching the Critmas thing altogether (especially considering how absurd some gifts have been).

I'm still way behind on catching up, but to re-emphasize how great a DM he is
Ashley said Mercer didn't know she was available to play last night until 10 minutes before they started.

NewGame

Banned
Mm looks like they lost the dragonborn guy.

Are there any other recorded D&D games with this sort of production? Clearly recorded with lots of cameras so you actually know what's going on?

Maximo

Loss of Tiberius seems to have affected the show.

Haven't been able to finish an episode since.

Tiberius was hands down my favorite character so much passion and put into him, sad to hear of his personal issues I really hope Tiberius comes back.

Top Bottom