• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cross Assault Thread: Get Cross, taste Salt (SFxT Reality Show)

9t9Oa.gif
i quit this thread. lol.

Well, that's um, well.....

I honestly don't see how this is really improving marketing. The entire drama is mostly localized to people already well associated with the genre, the community and the game. If there is an any kind of bleed out, it's probably only negative that has nothing to do with a game, rather than just a girl being harassed on yet another reality show, news at a 11.

I honestly don't see how this is really improving marketing. The entire drama is mostly localized to people already well associated with the genre, the community and the game. If there is an any kind of bleed out, it's probably only negative that has nothing to do with a game, rather just a girl being harassed on yet another reality show.

I wonder what people who are just watching the show for new footage of a video game they want to play are reacting to this drama.

(I have missed most of it from not watching, and don't care at all)

Mlatador

Banned
Btw, I don't think Aris is a bad person. I think the combination of

- a certain part of his character (trying to entertain people/maybe being used to making sexist jokes)
- being on a reality show
- being accustomed to the ruff tone in the FGC
- and the neverending troll-demands of the streaming monsters

have led to this "harrasment" thing.

Miranda on the other hand couldn't (we all have weaknisses) stand up to him, telling him to stop in a way he could understand.

I hope it's gonna be a good experience for both as well as the (future) FGC in general. I think all the fun and hype within the FGC can very well coexist with a certain degree of respect towards women, races as well as sexual preferences.

That's all I have to say.

Maybe, but when most people consider the stuff that went on tonight mostly negative, you don't just come and say in a public forum that the thing in question was "marketing gold".

Even if you secretly love what happened despite the cost to the people involved, saying it in a public forum is another thing entirely.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Maybe, but when most people consider the stuff that went on tonight mostly negative, you don't just come and say in a public forum that the thing in question was "marketing gold".

Even if you secretly love what happened despite the cost to the people involved, saying it in a public forum is another thing entirely.

What human "cost" is there really? The most that happened is people got offended.

d0c_zaius

Btw, I don't think Aris is a bad person. I think the combination of

- a certain part of his character (trying to entertain people/maybe being used to making sexist jokes)
- being on a reality show
- being accustomed to the ruff tone in the FGC
- and the neverending troll-demands of the streaming monsters

have led to this "harrasment" thing.

Miranda on the other hand couldn't (we all have weaknisses) stand up to him, telling him to stop in a way he could understand.

I hope it's gonna be a good experience for both as well as the (future) FGC in general. I think all the fun and hype within the FGC can very well coexist with a certain degree of respect towards women, races as well as sexual preferences.

That's all I have to say.

/seriouspost
its also possible that she really wasnt bothered by it personally, but when presented in a public space as a recognizable tv show person, she could have felt pressure to set an good image/example. Even though that sounds negative in some ways I'm not trying to come off like an asshole at all.

It's like someone saying "yea I put up with it (or it didnt even bother me), but I have a chance to make a difference for others who might want to check out fighting games." Hopefully it doesn't result in something bad for everyone.

Top Bottom