• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CrossfireX: Developer Update

Vasto

Hello Everyone,

I am Boo, the Executive Producer of CrossfireX. It has been some time since we were able to share with you the latest CrossfireX news. Our team has been hard at work to bring you the latest entry in the Crossfire franchise and we would like to thank you for your patience. Today I wanted to share with you some elements of the game we are really excited about.

Graphical Improvements

As great as the maps looked in the beta, we wanted to increase the immersion of our players. To do this, we have improved the graphical quality of our existing maps.

1080_GT_03Before.jpg
1440_GT_04After.jpg

1440_GT_05Before.jpg
1440_GT_06After.jpg

1440_GT_15Before.jpg
1440_GT_16After.jpg

The maps featured in CrossfireX allow for new combat opportunities that have yet to be seen in the Crossfire franchise. We would like to introduce you to Babylon, Invasion and Babylon Lab.

Babylon is part of our massive 30-player mode where two teams battle over five different control points. Each point capture opens up a supply crate with special items to aid your team in battle.

Invasion is a new map for Spectre Mode. Many areas call for close quarter combat between the two teams but there are also map mechanics in place to help defend against the invisible Spectres.

Babylon Lab is part of our new Infection Mode. In this 16-player mode, players must survive as long as they can against infected players.

We will have more information regarding legendary mercenaries at a later date.

Once again, we would like to thank you for your patience as we work towards CFX’s release in the near future this year. We are preparing many other things, so please stay tuned and look forward to them.

elliot5

Looks alright I guess. Never played crossfire but I'm not sure I'd play it over Warzone or Battlefield 2042 or Halo...

Looking forward to the campaign by Remedy but who knows how that's going and when it'll release

Hello Everyone,

I am Boo, the Executive Producer of CrossfireX.

Hi Boo. Hope Mike Wazowski and Sully, are well.

Please fix your spawn points in the final release, and please don't lock it behind the gold paywall (though Xbox just recently removed the requirement for F2P titles).

jaysius

Banned
published by xbox games studio so will be on gamepass.

i am only interested in the single-player mode though.
I had no idea it had SP, that might be ok, but the game has a kind of garbage feel it's not as polished feeling as COD, there's just something about it hard to put my finger on that is off about the feel.

There's a fps with portals that looks like Halo, that on the other hand was fucking great.

Last edited:

reksveks

I had no idea it had SP, that might be ok, but the game has a kind of garbage feel it's not as polished feeling as COD, there's just something about it hard to put my finger on that is off about the feel.

There's a fps with portals that looks like Halo, that on the other hand was fucking great.
The SP campaign will be done by Remedy; don't know if that is a pro or con for you.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The company's CEO Tero Virtala provides some comments on the status of the games' development, especially since Crossfire X had been delayed last year. According to the post, the development team for Crossfire HD's story mode and Crossfire X is currently focusing on fine-tuning and polishing all of the technical details. Specifically for the story version of the game, which will provide the best quality and gaming experience.

Virtala said that the games are currently in a launch preparation phase and have "little development work remaining." He also comments on the launch window for both Crossfire HD Story Mode and Crossfire X, saying that the game launches are getting closer. However, Virtala states that the exact release dates for both games will be done at the discretion of publisher Smilegate and its publishing partners.

Top Bottom