• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruis'n (Wii) First screens ahahahahahahaha and the plot thickens...

mcgarrett

Endless said:
:O

213895045620070822140048.jpg
To be fair, these images look like they've been resized or stretched or something -- 3D shots aside, the text and 2D graphics can't be this awful can they?

kay

Even if the images were resized, the textures and models look like the developers created them on their cell phones. You can see the line in the grass where it meets the cliff..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What the hell is with these companies?! I mean, good lord, the Wii *IS* more powerful than PlayStation 2...yet we are still seeing crap like this.

There are racers on Dreamcast that look superior to this! The jaggy launch title Ridge Racer V stomps a hole in this!

Lo-Volt

Midway didn't even try to phone this one in. Bless their hearts for providing such a gift to us, though. They've made this the best GC ever.

Ponn

Banned
Jokeropia said:
Abundance of shovelware comes with being market leader. It's a necessary evil.

Hearing alot of this meme lately...

Even on titles that have a pretty established history and wouldn't normally be considered "shovelware"

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Sad.

Arcade racers aren't so common anymore. Crusin' is a simple series that could stand to have some improvements to make it worth playing again. In a perfect world, they would take the time to make this look as good as Burnout 3, alter some gameplay mechanics (add some bullshit car tuning, build on the "cruise the country" theme and make the races based on actual routes/interstates or provide multiple exits on routes to choose how you cross the country, &c &c), and make a Crusin' game worthwhile.

I don't get how something simple like the Cruisn' series has become like this. The original arcade games are decent for dumb enjoyment, and the only place one should play them - the N64 ports were all sacrificed in some fashion or another. They're also a decade old. How do those look better than this?

Yes, the question is rhetorical, since this is Midway and the Cruisn' series after all.

Ashhong

Bowen_B said:
I can't believe how many of you idiots have been fooled by the bull-shots!
This is from in-game:

de-bullshot.jpg

wtf? that bullshot was a joke. we know whats in game, weve seen the crap. Those bullshots make the Medal of honor 2 bullshots look like fucking gears of war.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
f-midway.png

This thread turns to pure joy and awesome.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
This is a awesome GC, now I don't have to stay up all night posting news because there is none! And what there is shit!

Bhiuahauahah

Top Bottom