• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruncheons 18: Packed, Jacked, and Hacked

Slappers Only

I'll go on record as making the dubious prognostication that Project Cafe will usher in a new era of Doug reverse-bellyaching about Nintendo products.

Slappers Only said:
I'll go on record as making the dubious prognostication that Project Cafe will usher in a new era of Doug reverse-bellyaching about Nintendo products.

Wow, I was surprised to hear this particular prediction come true! I was taken aback by the positivity! A great episode regardless. Good work, chaps.

We still need to get Robert's gaming groove back, Stella. Sims Medieval is all well and good, but it's Robert we're talking about.

GavinGT

Banned
Oh man. I'm glad I was able to look past the shitty Skype sound quality and the overall unprofessional presentation of the show to actually listen to it. It was downright hilarious and even pretty informative.

Pylon_Trooper said:
We still need to get Robert's gaming groove back, Stella. Sims Medieval is all well and good, but it's Robert we're talking about.

I've got some more hardcore stuff lined up for the next cast already.

Sims Medieval is actually pretty strong from a core gamer point of view. By tossing out the series' penchant for being a glorified domestic-space computer aided design tool, there's a lot of breathing room in the game that's been filled by objective-based play, both in the form of concrete goals and Paradox-style "yeah let's accomplish this just because we can" goals. The 'chrome' of the game is also campy while still feeling a bit snazzy, which is just where this kind of game should be.

Sims Medieval will fail just like SimCity Societies did - the core fan base of the franchise will reject it for dogmatic reasons - but hopefully Medieval won't be maligned as much as SCS still (incorrectly, I might add) is to this day.

I actually really liked Societies. Being much more a social engineering experiment than civil engineering, I appreciated it...but it seems like Medieval will cop the same reception.

Looking forward to your next batch! I still would like to request a Robert Muses RUSE down the line...not to legitimise my own love for the damn thing, I'm just interested in a true grognard's viewpoint.

Chozo

Drinky Crow said:
why did i say episode 28? i musta smoked some FINE crack rock this ep

I think the fact that you're optimistic for the Nintendo Feel/Cafe/whatever after just being burned by the 3DS (and then buying two) was also an indicator.

I love the lofty opiate heights those comments reached, you just know the last guy was rubbing one out to his own smug, self satisfaction as he typed that.

"THE PSN!"

GhaleonQ

*is at 40:00*

I need to start listening to these right away instead of midway between releases. They fill a space that's not covered by video game podcasts.

Riposte

Really good discussion covering motion controls and implementation of the rumored "Cafe" controller.

How great would it be if PS3 games optionally supported for using the NGP for a controller and used this kind of stuff?

Riposte said:
Really good discussion covering motion controls and implementation of the rumored "Cafe" controller.

How great would it be if PS3 games optionally supported for using the NGP for a controller and used this kind of stuff?

I'm really hoping they do that. I don't know how many companies other than Sony would make use of it, though, since it would be considered a peripheral.

Top Bottom