• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruncheons 25: Skyward Sword, Skyrim, Saint's Row 3, Mario 3D Land

http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/8m8x6/Cruncheons25.mp3

Doug's on Autotune, Arian's on Ambien, Robert's on and off, Ryan's on the box wine, and Kevin's on a dragon fast. Turkey Day!

WARNING: Sound issues

Segment One: Thanksgiving stories

Segment Two: Playlist

34:00 Skyrim (maybe a couple of light spoilers)

1:08:30 Saint's Row 3

1:22:10 Rayman Origins

1:24:45 Skyward Sword

1:39:00 Super Mario 3D Land

1:45:10 Contest Winners

Talk to you again soon!

Enk

makes good threads.
Thanks guys! Looking forward to listening to this while I drive into the depths of Arkansas tomorrow. o_O

Erudite

I'll be interested to hear the crew's opinion on Skyrim, since they were pretty much ready to tear it apart judging by the end of the last podcast.

Galamauth

Scooore. Really enjoyed Doug and Robert's dialogue about the shame of playing modern jrpgs in the last cast, had me in stitches.

Here's a thing. Are the Cruncheons on Stitcher? A little bit of 3G streaming would go a long way when folks are out and about.

Looking forward to the this one. Keep up the good work.

Alex

Do these take long to post to iTunes usually, I'm getting to be too lazy to turn my damn pc on

I'll be interested to hear the crew's opinion on Skyrim, since they were pretty much ready to tear it apart judging by the end of the last podcast.

We're mostly positive about the game. I think it's important to have specific expectations when approaching a game like Skyrim ( which I think we enumerate in the cast ), but it's the first modern TES game that doesn't immediately start falling apart under the stresses of it's open-ended gameplay.

I didn't have time to stay for the Saint's Row The Third talk, unfortunately.

Alex

I wasn't going to even play Skyrim but I'm getting really, really sour on Zelda fast so I may just pawn it off and nab it instead.

Erudite

We're mostly positive about the game. I think it's important to have specific expectations when approaching a game like Skyrim ( which I think we enumerate in the cast ), but it's the first modern TES game that doesn't immediately start falling apart under the stresses of it's open-ended gameplay.
Don't get me wrong, I definitely understood where you guys were coming from at the end of the last podcast. The previous TES games were far from perfect, I'd even go as far to say as downright awful in some aspects.

I'm personally very happy with the way Skyrim turned out, glad to hear you guys are positive on it as well.

Unfortunate the podcast still hasn't appeared on iTunes, otherwise I'd be listening to it on my commute right now.

I was going to get saints row 3 after finishing skyrim but this podcast convinced me to get skyward sword instead. Sounds so much more like my sort of thing. Thanks guys.

I can't buy anything in 2012 until I know The Cruncheon's 2011 GOTY! Come on fellas, tell me your picks. Take part in this ancient tradition of picking favorites

Sorry for the lack of response. I honestly don't know what to tell you. We had a recording scheduled at one point but had to cancel out. Everyone seems to be in a work crunch right now, and none of the schedules are lining up. We haven't abandoned the show, but we don't know exactly when the next one is coming.

I also want to apologize to capitalCORN and gabbo for being a slack asshole. Over the holidays I'd forgotten all about mailing out the games they won in our contest. I will be mailing those out posthaste, and throwing something extra in both packages to try and make up a bit for the delay.

Alex

Sorry for the lack of response. I honestly don't know what to tell you. We had a recording scheduled at one point but had to cancel out. Everyone seems to be in a work crunch right now, and none of the schedules are lining up. We haven't abandoned the show, but we don't know exactly when the next one is coming.

I also want to apologize to capitalCORN and gabbo for being a slack asshole. Over the holidays I'd forgotten all about mailing out the games they won in our contest. I will be mailing those out posthaste, and throwing something extra in both packages to try and make up a bit for the delay.

Eh, the show comes with it comes, I am just glad you guys ain't through with it.

Top Bottom