• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Cruncheons 49: SteamOS, GTAV, Lotsa Gametalk

Eel O'Brian

Aug 29, 2005
www.cruncheons.com
http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/by2ttd/Cruncheons49.mp3

In our first segment Doug, Robert, and Kevin discuss SteamOS, Windows phones, and GTAV. In our second segment we talk about games we've been playing including X-Com (long war mod), Endless Space: Disharmony, Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific, Rome Total War 2, Shogun Total War 2, Max Payne 3, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, Outlast, Rayman Legends, Legend of Dungeon, Terraria (Android), and Minecraft.

We'll talk with you again soon!

GhaleonQ

Aug 24, 2006
Milwaukee/Wisconsin Rapids/Hanover
This was the only podcast with SteamOS thoughts that matter to me. Well done on that segment, because I'm a novice.

Did I miss the part where you talked about implications for the mainstream, not-seriously-gaming audience?

I was also very surprised about the Total War segments and especially Amnesia: A Machne For Pigs. I'm happy that Drinky Crow isn't being facetious when he says he'd appreciate more adult games, even if they aren't attuned to his needs.

Also, I do education stuff and have to trawl through a whole bunch of education articles, serious and not, by all sorts of people every day. I think this became common among writers around early 2013, but, yes, Michelle Malkin's "reference to a thing that children enjoy" that she had at hand was Minecraft. It's totally Super Mario for the 2013 mainstream audience.