• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cruncheons 53: Early Access, Digital Murders, 2014 Wishlist

http://cruncheons.podbean.com/mf/web/mrqyq/Cruncheons53.mp3

Cruncheons 53: Early Access, Digital Murders, 2014 Wishlist

Segment One: Early Access Successes, Cold-Blooded Digital Murder

We talk about the spate of recent chart-topping Steam Early Access games like Starbound, DayZ, and Rust, which leads into a discussion of the pros and cons of games about torturing and/or killing imaginary naked people.

Segment Two: 2014 Wish/Shitlist, Games Roundup

We talk about what we definitely want to see much LESS of in games for 2014, along with some Nintendo sidechat.

Games:

(1:40:00) Quiz RPG
(1:45:30) Zelda 3DS and Wind Waker
(1:54:00) Europa Universalis IV
(1:58:15) Bioshock Burial at Sea, State of Decay, Home, Super Hexagon, Nuclear Throne, Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

We'll talk to you again soon!

Zero Hero

Rhf57ZB.png

Doug made a weird argument based on evolution by group or species selection somewhere in this episode. I can't remember what the topic was exactly, but anyways, group selection doesn't exist. Only kin selection.

Excellent episode as always gentlemen

Doug made a weird argument based on evolution by group or species selection somewhere in this episode. I can't remember what the topic was exactly, but anyways, group selection doesn't exist. Only kin selection.

Lots of weird pop science this episode, especially all the child psychology stuff. I agree with their conclusions (based on my own experiences) so maybe its true but my general thinking is if something sounds obvious it probably isn't

In general I would just tell people to avoid trying to cite human psychology/physiology in arguments. It always comes across as silly. It just reminds me of people complaining women date jerks because of evolution or something

I love the podcast but it seems like the past few episodes are getting repetitive. It seems like every episode now is a retread about how Minecraft is the future of video games instead of Mario. Not that I disagree but you all are making the same points over and over again. I seriously thought I was re-listening to an earlier episode at first until I confirmed it was the newest.

Gattsu25

Banned
I love the podcast but it seems like the past few episodes are getting repetitive. It seems like every episode now is a retread about how Minecraft is the future of video games instead of Mario. Not that I disagree but you all are making the same points over and over again. I seriously thought I was re-listening to an earlier episode at first until I confirmed it was the newest.

Can't really agree here. There was some overlap but the reasoning and rants were better expressed here than previously.

Great ep, as usual

Ricker

Ooof,this what kinda painful to listen to and quite depressing actually...I decided to wait after the first hour to see if it got good,but it didn't...maybe in 10 years near the water machine...(puns intended)...really guys,if you don't like videogames,please dont make a podcast about them...

Gattsu25

Banned
Ooof,this what kinda painful to listen to and quite depressing actually...I decided to wait after the first hour to see if it got good,but it didn't...maybe in 10 years near the water machine...(puns intended)...really guys,if you don't like videogames,please dont make a podcast about them...

Would it be better if they were sycophants for all your favorite studio leads while proudly proclaimed that they love loving things while shitting on any game that hasn't been focus tested to hell and back while proclaiming that the latest call of duty game is a disappointment because it doesn't come close to the near perfection of BLOPS2 or COD4 while never entertaining the thought that mobile games are actually games and treating them like some weird oddity that doesn't deserve more than a casual derisive mention, etc?

If you want that then there are a bunch of near identical gaming podcasts that will tickle your fancy. If you want to hear people who genuinely enjoy games, but maybe not the games that massive advertising campaigns have predisposed you to enjoying (though they still talk glowing of some of those), while offering a critical take on industry trends that they dislike, then feel free to listen to the cruncheons.

Sorry for the run ons.

I'm not really sorry.

pje122

I appreciate taking the time to record and produce the podcast but yeah I don't want to hear anymore about what they think shitty Generation Z is into. Bugger off with that garbage.

D3RANG3D

Would it be better if they were sycophants for all your favorite studio leads while proudly proclaimed that they love loving things while shitting on any game that hasn't been focus tested to hell and back while proclaiming that the latest call of duty game is a disappointment because it doesn't come close to the near perfection of BLOPS2 or COD4 while never entertaining the thought that mobile games are actually games and treating them like some weird oddity that doesn't deserve more than a casual derisive mention, etc?

If you want that then there are a bunch of near identical gaming podcasts that will tickle your fancy. If you want to hear people who genuinely enjoy games, but maybe not the games that massive advertising campaigns have predisposed you to enjoying (though they still talk glowing of some of those), while offering a critical take on industry trends that they dislike, then feel free to listen to the cruncheons.

Sorry for the run ons.

I'm not really sorry.

I appreciate taking the time to record and produce the podcast but yeah I don't want to hear anymore about what they think shitty Generation Z is into. Bugger off with that garbage.

jbxqnmJB8FWHMD.png

Sorry for the run ons.

I'm not really sorry.

Don't worry everyone, one day Naughty Gods will make a Feels Game™ so good even the Cruncheons won't be immune. They'll spend an entire episode crying after the dog dies in Last of Us 2

Top Bottom