Some clarifications, as I see a lot of misinformation ads speculation here:
- We have today released engine source code of CRYENGINE (latest build being last week's 5.1) on GitHub
- The GitHub release today is new, but we announced at GDC back in March that we would release full engine source code under our new "Pay What You Want" business model
- Commercial games: If you so chose, you can take the engine and make a full commercial game for free, yes. There are no royalties or obligations towards CRYENGINE, though contributions to the engine's development and/ or our Indie Development Fund are more than welcome
- EULA: I usually give ESRB ratings as an example. If your game would get a "M" (or 18 in Europe), it is fine. If there is content that would require it to be rated "Adult's Only", chances are it violates our EULA.
- Licensees: There are more indie developers than ever using CE for their games these days, and also some unannounced titles from larger companies...
I hope this clears it up. Shoot if you have any questions
We are still waiting for our reply to an email we sent. We received an email stating that you guys got our tickets but haven't heard anything back from you guys. We sent another email on the 22nd of April asking for a reply and yet we still haven't received a reply. You guys seriously need to work on your customer service because it is horrible.