• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Cipherr

I still ask myself if this is really just the case because of the forks. I would never panic sell in my whole fucking life, i did at the beginning with ETH and Antshares etc. It made me a man and i can still tell myself i was lucky, because i always made some deals to at least break even. But damn, isn't this something different? Look at this, this is weeeeks before the whole damn show even starts or started. I expect BTC to pop 5k before weekend.

I think it is just the forks. I think people basically "learned" from last fork in August. Everything went fine and people got free Bitcoin Cash that went as high as $800 a coin for absolutely nothing. Just free money; and then immediately following it, normal Bitcoin and Altcoins all surged in the weeks following with BTC hitting a ATH. I mean damn, that must have left a really permanent memory with people in the market. And they are likely hoping this time the same thing happens; Loads of free cash leading into a Bull market for a few weeks.

I however have to agree with you, this drop started slowly around the last 4 days of September. Thats early as HELL. But theres no denying that its the alts that are dying while BTC is creeping towards its ATH again. No way to explain that but people selling alts for Bitcoin. Plus the overall market cap since the dip started is increasing:

r3UtFXo.png

I think this means more money is entering the market overall; but BTC is benefitting from all of it while alts are strangled and dropping.

Im still worried. I wouldnt be if Bitcoin Gold and 2xfork were further apart, but these two forks are within roughly 30 days of one another, and the dip for alts started late September so.... that's almost 2 whole months of a possible Altcoin suppression, unless things recover a bit after BitGold.

tzare

But bitcoin gold fork has already happened or not? I saw that Reddit link before and didn't understand anything lol
Still recommended to put btc in a private wallet?

Drifters

But bitcoin gold fork has already happened or not? I saw that Reddit link before and didn't understand anything lol
Still recommended to put btc in a private wallet?

Pre-mining happened so they had coins to hand out; Its weird but they're basically trying to force feed adoption of BTGold. As for the $BTC in private wallet? Do it!.gif

Couldn't resist the dip and bought a few alts on the cheap: ARK, IOC and LINK.

I've been accumulating like crazy. I've a pretty nice portfolio. I'm also at a point where I made decent returns and can invest a lot more without being scared.

I really hope I didn't bet on the wrong horse with ARK and IOC since they're 60% of my portfolio ahah. Come november, I'll get some nice returns from staking IOC with the new DIONS wallet. As for ARK, I'm already receiving a nice batch every month from my delegate.

MNDan

Neo Member
It's basically a mid cap with a worthwhile product, that has a valuable real world use case, a solid team and a very clear roadmap+future. It's not one of the big top 15 like Ethereum (currently $309) and NEO (currently $33), but Ethereum was Arks price 18 months ago, and NEO was Arks price 4 months ago.

Being able to identify the projects that arent just spinning their wheels and riding the wave is important, because its sort of the only realistic and non-luck way to make incredible gains. Ark just happens to be the most obvious of the midrange cryptos right now that show the signs that stuff like ETH and NEO and XMR had way back when.

Thanks! Might trade some of my Waves for some Ark - love good projects!

Brohan

Couldn't resist the dip and bought a few alts on the cheap: ARK, IOC and LINK.

I've been accumulating like crazy. I've a pretty nice portfolio. I'm also at a point where I made decent returns and can invest a lot more without being scared.

I really hope I didn't bet on the wrong horse with ARK and IOC since they're 60% of my portfolio ahah. Come november, I'll get some nice returns from staking IOC with the new DIONS wallet. As for ARK, I'm already receiving a nice batch every month from my delegate.

Wish i was at that point as that would really take away most of the stress when things are not going your way.

I must say that having my entire portfolio dip by 50% without any signs of it stopping yet has been quite shitty.

I think I've diversified decently as my portfolio hasn't really gone down. Despite all my alt coin holdings tanking hard, BTC has kept my portfolio worth the same as it was last week.

Cipherr

I think I've diversified decently as my portfolio hasn't really gone down. Despite all my alt coin holdings tanking hard, BTC has kept my portfolio worth the same as it was last week.

I had some BTC and it was doing decently. My portfolio was still in the red but BTC was helping. Then I put the BTC into alts thinking I was buying the dip. But then the dip dipped
8BDYIpv.png

It's not fair.

DonMigs85

All my money is in XBL and XBY right now. They've been fairly stable the past week. Still contemplating selling them for BTC

Brohan

ARK seems to have stabilised for now hope IOTA will do the same soon.

I feel like alot of altcoins have been way oversold these last few days/weeks and that some of them might really bounce hard once all this fork stuff is over.

ah_hia

Should I bother switching to bitcoin or just hold to my altcoins since they will rise once this fork is over anyway. I am thinking of just holding my alts btw. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.

Tk0n

Should I bother switching to bitcoin or just hold to my altcoins since they will rise once this fork is over anyway. I am thinking of just holding my alts btw. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.

i think its too late for switching. you would be selling your alts at the bottom.

Got into Ark on the dip and have a few questions for you Ark vets.

1. I know a while ago you guys were discussing decent delegates to support, I'm wondering what the current leaders/favorites on GAF is.

2. How does getting the "dividends" from having a delegate get taxed.

Thanks all.

tzare

New (official) ARK wallet out with some improvements. (1.4.0).
https://blog.ark.io/new-ark-desktop-wallet-release-v1-4-0-2d4c286417f6

Together with the official wallet from NEM (XEM) this is the best/sleekest one in the game for me.

does the wallet autoupdate o do i need to install again? (edit: saw the link, just update from client itself.)

1. I know a while ago you guys were discussing decent delegates to support, I'm wondering what the current leaders/favorites on GAF is.

Thanks all.

Not a vet, i am waiting for the next fee update to vote my delegate, i guess it depends on the amount you have invested ofc, i have 78 ARK so i am waiting a bit more, so instead of paying 1 ark i goes down to 0.1

Check this https://delegates.arkx.io/calculator

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Brandson

Bitcoin forks are the new ICOs. I can't wait until regulators start deciding that pre-mined forked coins are securities and/or receiving forked coins is a taxable event.

Brandson

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ripple/#social

Some pretty big news on Ripple this morning, if anyone is interested.

Edit:

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/10/rip...s-mainstream-finance-warms-to-blockchain.html

Damn this is actually a pretty big deal, fuck. I just moved into Ripple yesterday lol... Hoping for a super market reaction.

Just to moderate those expectations, the 100 clients mentioned in that article aren't using public Ripple, but one or more separate private Ripple chains. So great for Ripple the company, but not necessarily meaningful for holders of public chain XRP. Maybe their experience using private Ripple would eventually translate to a willingness to try out some use cases on public Ripple, but there are no signs of that happening yet.

commish

Just to moderate those expectations, the 100 clients mentioned in that article aren't using public Ripple, but one or more separate private Ripple chains. So great for Ripple the company, but not necessarily meaningful for holders of public chain XRP. Maybe their experience using private Ripple would eventually translate to a willingness to try out some use cases on public Ripple, but there are no signs of that happening yet.

True, but it does mention at least one company that is using XRP itself. I bet XRP goes up pretty nicely today on the news.

Brandson

True, but it does mention at least one company that is using XRP itself. I bet XRP goes up pretty nicely today on the news.

One company from Mexico running some tests. That could mean almost anything. If it pumps a lot, it might be good to sell this news when the 1H RSI is overcooked for a while.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Well it has moved up 4% or so from the negative 24hr-% since yesterday already lol.. And it's still ticking upwards.. And this news isn't even an hour old.

With the conference coming I expect a nice up swing.

Edit: There's a lot of news right now on reddit guys, might want to keep an eye on it.

syllogism

Difficult to find financial information about Cuallix. Doesn't seem to be a significant player. Their official twitter account hasn't tweeted since July 2016 and has a few hundred followers. No hits for it on Google news besides the Ripple announcement.

Donos

XRP would need a megaton announcement or breakthough with the implementation of XRP into the the Ripple business with that huge coin supply they have, to get to something like 2 - 3 $. In a couple years, maybe, but 2018? I doubt it.

Still impressed with the rather solid hold of WTC after that miracle rise since end of september. Don't have any though. ;_; Edit: listing of WTC on HitBTC tomorrow.

commish

The supply of XRP really caps movement. I have some XRP but not a lot. I usually don't bother with coins that have such a giant supply.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
The supply of XRP really caps movement. I have some XRP but not a lot. I usually don't bother with coins that have such a giant supply.

Given the space they are in they probably need that huge supply, wouldn't it be used between all the giant institutions if they jump on board? If that happens I'd imagine the price to jump to 5$ per XRP eventually of course.

Donos

Don't know if i'm recalling this correctly but isn't Ripple still holding a huge chunk of XRPs? Is the listed supply on coinmarketcap inlcluding this?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Don't know if i'm recalling this correcty but isn't Ripple still holding a huge chunk of XRPs? Is the listed supply on coinmarketcap inlcluding this?

I think that they are putting some large amounts in escrow soon, forgot where I read it.

Sulik2

Lots of green today. Nice to see recovery for once.

I wouldn't expect much from XRP, too many coins in circulation to ever really go up in value.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
BTC going towards 4900$ and everything is red again

Thanks all.

There are two ARK delegates in this very thread ;)

You get a share of what delegate forged. Only top 51 delegates are forging new ARKs and every delegate has different profit share percentage and payment frequency (daily, weekly, with covered fees or not). More you have in your bag, bigger share you will receive. So check their proposals and pick up the best suited for your taste :)

OmegaX06

I need another good altcoin to invest in while prices are down. Any suggestions? Only thing I have at the moment is LINK which I've been holding and accumulating for a couple of weeks now.

Brohan

I need another good altcoin to invest in while prices are down. Any suggestions? Only thing I have at the moment is LINK which I've been holding and accumulating for a couple of weeks now.

I'm biased because it's the largest part of my portfolio but i really think ARK is a great altcoin to invest in.

Great tech, great developers, a great community and a clear roadmap.

Plus it has been way oversold in my opinion so good chance that it might have a nice bounce.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

From all the videos I've watched from DataDash and just constantly doing research to learn more, these are the foundational tips I've come across:

a) Look for low market cap
b) Look for high volume (>500k) consistently
c) Avoid coins that target specific items to be spent on (HempCoin, FuckCoin, PotCoin, etc.)

As far as what I'm starting to look for in addition to the checklist above, it's:

a) Is the coin trying to tackle a specific problem?
b) Does the team have a functioning website?
c) Can I find out who the team members are easily? Do they have a solid background?
d) Do they have an outlined roadmap? Are they actually releasing things in accordance with said roadmap?
e) Is it a coin that has, "X is undervalued" as a thread all over the internet? (If so, avoid FOMO)

DataDash says "anticipate the hype, don't follow it" and it's changed how I approach this market considerably.

commish

There's a lot of good options. There's a few threads in the reddit sub where folks list their favorite alts to buy in this downturn. The only one I bought was more NAV, but stuff like ARK, BAT, IOTA, etc all good targets.

Also, in other news BTC is going bananas. I bought some at $4500 because I figured it'd go crazy short term but I did not think it'd be approaching $5000 so soon.

gaming_noob

Ummm wow XBY announces Xfuel. Great way for devs to make money while freeing up available XBY for nodes. Conference going on right now.

galperi1

BTC going towards 4900$ and everything is red again

There are two ARK delegates in this very thread ;)

You get a share of what delegate forged. Only top 51 delegates are forging new ARKs and every delegate has different profit share percentage and payment frequency (daily, weekly, with covered fees or not). More you have in your bag, bigger share you will receive. So check their proposals and pick up the best suited for your taste :)

What DrM says plus some delegates do pay voting fees as well essentially making it fee to vote in advance of the lower vote fee.

commish

Someone at work just called me and told me they wanted to implement blockchain technology (I'm being vague here) into how we do business. Uhhhh, didn't see that coming.

Top Bottom