• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2: Black Fire Mod. You will say OMG

Holy shit

Still not satisfied with the DirectX 11 patch? Expected more? Do you still think Crysis 2 has a graphical potential greater than was shown so far? Are you expecting something that really causes a significant change in the look of the game? Here's what we all waited.

After two months of development, Blackfire's Mod 2 was developed to offer the best that CryEngine 3 can do terms of lighting, togheter with the beauty of DX11 features.

Vivid colors, detailed shadows, along with a redesigned lighting, makes Blackfire's Mod 2 one experience that you will not believe that your machine is capable of.

None of this would be perfect if we could not count, in addition to the lighting, with the best package of HD textures of the Internet, created by the modder MaLDo, which remade more than 560 textures ,from major to minor ones such as asphalt and road signs and advertisements.

. You must update the game to patch 1.9.

. It is not required to download the DirectX 11, even the Crytek HiRes Texture Pack.

. It works with both the game purchased through Steam and with the purchased separately.

. DO NOT use the savegame before you installed the mod, start a new game or load the map from the "Replay Mission" in menu.

. Works in both Dx9 and DX11.

ebKUM.gif

Ton1a.gif

uXttA.gif

2zjG8.gif

ZFHDT.gif

Video
Video

Kyaw

Too contrasty and the lighting looks really unnatural.

The colour grading and maybe tone mapping beats the original to death though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Computer said:
Pointless. The game is uninteresting and better graphics won't do much.

You heard him guys, everybody stop trying/playing now, it's pointless.

Grisby

The lightning seems really off. Too bright/clear (?) for a city under siege. The textures look great though.

Crazy how modders do this stuff.

Lima

shagg_187 said:
And thus, modders > Developers.

Developers could do this too you know? Why should they bother though? For the few people that can actually play the game looking like this?

Seems like a waste of time and money...

Grayman

darkpaladinmfc said:
They tried to make original Crysis 2 look as bad as possible in the 'comparisons'.
I haven't played Crysis 2 but some of those shots look so horrible that I am confused. The planks and riverbed look worse than half life 2 at release.

Frost_Ace

My lappy is melting just at the sight of those screen D:

Goddammit I need a desktop D:

EDIT: holy shit at the videos! OMG.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Looks decent-ish. All the effects are pretty, but in a few of those shots I like the original better.

Also, thanks for not posting 3k rez images. If I'm gonna have to deal with 5 years of absurd Crysis2 mod pictures can we at least make them no larger than 720p this time around? It'll make the impact of the images harder too.

Lima said:
Developers could do this too you know? Why should they bother though? For the few people that can actually play the game looking like this?

Seems like a waste of time and money...

Why do you think it runs worse than before? Have you tried it?

bhlaab

Increase Contrast to 999999999999
Open Textures in Photoshop Render>Sharpen Render>Sharpen Render>Sharpen
Replace Some Textures with a bunch of clashing google image search images

congrats you have just made a popular graphical overhaul mod

Alrus

Man that screen with the dead guy on the floor looks really awful, I never knew Crysis 2 had such bad looking parts in it :/

Sethos

Banned
Bren McGuire said:
The shadow in the original version is better here since it diffuses more realistically.

Yeah, looking at that, it doesn't look that good. Why the hell would the shadows of a tree be a 1:1 shadow on the ground?

Top Bottom