• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 Delayed To Q1 2011

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I thought I should probably put this in its own thread. It seems that Crysis 2 has been delayed to Q1 2011, which is Q4 on this list.

shift25c44.png

Source: http://news.ea.com/portal/site/ea/i...gId=1012492&newsId=20100803007159&newsLang=en

goldenpp72

That fuckin sucks, i'm actually pretty interested in this one, but i'm hoping the delay is to make it better and not just move it away from 'those 2 games' coming soon.

Decado

goldenpp72 said:
That fuckin sucks, i'm actually pretty interested in this one, but i'm hoping the delay is to make it better and not just move it away from 'those 2 games' coming soon.
I hope so, as well, 'cause the latter will probably backfire.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
wait is it delayed for development reasons or lame ass "political" reasons ? :(

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Frillen said:
When was Shift 2 announced?
This list would be the official announcement. :lol

They did hint at this back in February though when they said the Q4 Need For Speed game was a simulation title.

Corky said:

Probably to avoid stepping all over Medal of Generics toes.

*grumble grumble*

How is CryEngine 3 ever supposed to take off if the flagship game never comes out?

JdFoX187

Banned
Corky said:
Probably to avoid competition with Black Ops. Seems the Call of Duty series turns the fall into a wasteland for shooters. Sucks though, I was really looking forward to Crysis 2 after beating the first one a month ago.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
mysticwhip said:
It was coming out this year?
This. For some reason I thought it was fall of next year.

Salz01

Dear Santa,

It looks like this xmas gaming season is going to start turning out like last xmas season when most of the big games come out early in the new year. Can we just move Xmas to Feb / March please?

Thanks

EazyB

Banned
Are the console games scheduled to come out alongside the PC version? Would be lame to find out the PC version was delayed because of those ports.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
EazyB said:
Are the console games scheduled to come out alongside the PC version? Would be lame to find out the PC version was delayed because of those ports.
I'm almost positive this is what happened because they were faking the console version at E3.

wow what a shock...........................

not

If it makes the game better power to them I really hope it turns out to be a GREAT game but I saw this coming from a mile away.

Salz01

Nirolak said:
I'm almost positive this is what happened because they were faking the console version at E3.

I'm smiling, because I just wait for somebody to prove that they did. I never believed for one second those xbox buttons that flashed on the screen where real.

Beth Cyra

Yeah that freaking blows, it was the one FPS game I was looking forward to.

Not only that but looking at there release list, I have a very hard time believing they are going to launch that many big games all at once.

eshwaaz

Salz01 said:
Dear Santa,

It looks like this xmas gaming season is going to start turning out like last xmas season when most of the big games come out early in the new year. Can we just move Xmas to Feb / March please?

Thanks
Exactly. I was hoping this holiday season wouldn't be another wasteland like last year, but it's already looking pretty slim. I know "wasteland" is overstating things, but compared to previous years, the 2009 and 2010 holiday lineups were/are disappointing.

kamspy

I'd rather see it get a spotlight instead of being compared to Reach and Black Ops.

Hopefully they can layer on more polish with the time instead of just shelving it.

Nizz

Salz01 said:
I'm smiling, because I just wait for somebody to prove that they did. I never believed for one second those xbox buttons that flashed on the screen where real.
I was watching Crytek's demo of the "360" version on IGN during E3, and the game crashed to a desktop. First thing I thought was whooops...

*edit* Nirolak is too fast dammit. :)

Kibbles

Wow they were calling it a competitor of Halo, now they are releasing it in 2011? Yeah... they got some balls. :lol

Beth Cyra

eshwaaz said:
Exactly. I was hoping this holiday season wouldn't be another wasteland like last year, but it's already looking pretty slim. I know "wasteland" is overstating things, but compared to previous years, the 2009 and 2010 holiday lineups were/are disappointing.

How can someone say that when we got Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Halo Reach, GT5, CoD Black Ops, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, and The Third Birthday?

There are a ton of games coming out this fall, 2 of which are probably going to be among the highest rated and sold games when the gen comes to a close.

kuYuri

Damn, Another one gets delayed. There's been like 6 high profile shooters that have been delayed already to 2011.

Dennis

Banned
Good. For me personally, I got a backlog I want to tackle.

Too bad for those who were eager for this. Not that I am not excited for Crysis 3, I am, Crysis was perhaps the best fps ever, I just don't mind waiting.

1-D_FTW

Great idea to rush out Shift 2. I'm sure everyone will give them the benefit of the doubt after how flawless the original was.

TruePrime said:
How can someone say that when we got Metroid Other M, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Halo Reach, GT5, CoD Black Ops, Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, and The Third Birthday?

There are a ton of games coming out this fall, 2 of which are probably going to be among the highest rated and sold games when the gen comes to a close.

Which ones? The ones that are generic, shitty cash-cows?

Beth Cyra

Panipal2009 said:
Which ones? The ones that are generic, shitty cash-cows?

Regardles so what you think of their quality, to write of Halo Reach and Call of Duty is just sheer stupidty.

The simple fact is Not every game can sell big numbers, and when you have mulitple millions of people running to buy Halo and CoD it just reduces your own chances to sell, unless you are the marketing people for Blacksite Area 51.

Not only that but they will be well loved by most everyone, so trying to say they are generic peices of shit is pointless. This coming from a guy that doesn't like either Halo or CoD.

Damn at all those shooters coming out early next year.

Also I am surprised to see NFS: Shift 2 on that list, considering Hot Pursuit is not in the market yet...

Classic24

Banned
crysis 2 enemies remind me of the conduit's wii FPS enemies :lol
but in HD

anyways, Killzone 3 was much more interesting than what I've personally seen of crysis 2. I'm sure crysis 2 in PC will look great but the console version will get smacked by KZ3.

Dabanton

Man said:
Crysis 2 on a beefy pc is so going to wipe the floor with that game.

That's nice. But Crytek need this game to be a hit how else will they convince other developers to use their engine.

Top Bottom