• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 E3 trailer [EA-CONF]

Wallach

Something seems off with the audio (maybe an artifact of how it was recorded).

Still... Wallach's hard-on: MAXIMUM STRENGTH.

I love the lighting effect of those (whatever they were) hitting the MetLife building. The shadow casting from the framework of the glass ceiling looked really nice.

Overall, the gameplay got me pumped. Day one for sure.

Also, I didn't notice any screen tearing. I'm glad to see that they removed it.

Wallach

evil solrac v3.0 said:
least they kept the voice-overs. that's good. still sad that it seems all enclosed spaces so far.

He didn't sound the same, though. R.I.P. suit voice... MAXIMUM SPEED.

Rainier

I was surprised they only showed an indoor environment. Sort of looked like an other shooter at that point. Still looked cool, but nothing to inspire a bunch of pics worthy of being my next desktop wallpaper.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Wallach said:
He didn't sound the same, though. R.I.P. suit voice... MAXIMUM SPEED.

I always turned it off anyway. :D

Yeah I know, call me a heretic if you want.

StuBurns

Banned
esc said:
Where's the Crysis love? Looks very impressive.
There was a little chat elsewhere.

I don't mind spewing over it again. I think it looks incredible, and based on the first game I think that maybe second to Halo, this is going to be the best FPS on the current gen consoles so far, and is going to blow people away. And it's obscenely pretty.

I bow to Crytek they appear to have delivered what I considered the impossible.

Smokey said:
That's on 360?

Shit looks beastly

Nothin on PC tho!

Is there any confirmation that this was actually running on a 360? I'm going to get it for the PC, but if the game looks that good on the Xbox, it's going to melt my face on my PC.

mr stroke

professor_t said:
Is there any confirmation that this was actually running on a 360? I'm going to get it for the PC, but if the game looks that good on the Xbox, it's going to melt my face on my PC.

the onscreen buttons had 360 buttons so I am assuming so?

and HOLLY SHIT at the end of that trailer :O
if thats 360, and in real time I can't wait until we see the PC version maxed. Crytec is unreal.

I'm getting caught up with today's news, but something threw me off, can someone clarify how crysis is 3d on the xbox when I was under the assumption that sony's box was the only one that could do that?

Wallach

Orangepeel said:
I'm getting caught up with today's news, but something threw me off, can someone clarify how crysis is 3d on the xbox when I was under the assumption that sony's box was the only one that could do that?

No, that's 4D.

LaneDS

And here I was saying earlier in the day how short of Half-Life 3 I don't think shooters can excite me anymore. Whoops!

I'm pretty skeptical that it was really a 360 demo. Developers often show off PC games using a 360 controller, so that doesn't mean anything.

But, if it really does look like that on console... wow.

markot

Banned
Poimandres said:
I'm pretty skeptical that it was really a 360 demo. Developers often show off PC games using a 360 controller, so that doesn't mean anything.

But, if it really does look like that on console... wow.
What self respecting self respecter would play an FPS on PC with a controller ever >_<?

DogWelder

markot said:
What self respecting self respecter would play an FPS on PC with a controller ever >_<?
How else would they demo it live? Or...pretend to demo it live. He did have a controller in his hand, right? :S

big_z

doesnt look so hot to me. im scared this is going to be a tunnel shooter due to console restraints. wasnt impressed how the game goes to CG when he jump into the jeep either.

i miss the island.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
mr stroke said:
the onscreen buttons had 360 buttons so I am assuming so?

and HOLLY SHIT at the end of that trailer :O
if thats 360, and in real time I can't wait until we see the PC version maxed. Crytec is unreal.

I'm guessing it's 360. You can have PC with 360 controllers that will dynamically load the GUI for the controller. Batman does this for example.

But I think it's 360 because it's running a bit choppy in an indoor environment. I don't think they'd show this game off on a PC that slow. My 5850 can run some of the most detailed areas of the original at 30 fps at 1080p.

That said, it's impressive how much they got out of 360. Or very bad if that's PC.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
big_z said:
doesnt look so hot to me. im scared this is going to be a tunnel shooter due to console restraints. wasnt impressed how the game goes to CG when he jump into the jeep either.

i miss the island.

It doesn't.

NotWii

Banned
The cut scene part would be more dramatic if the woman screamed as the building collapses and then is instantly silenced when the subway is sealed off by the rubble.

Gimme a job Crytek

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
luka said:
I always turned it off anyway. :D

Yeah I know, call me a heretic if you want.
Heretic.

I would have liked to see more suit usage and less godmode but at least we got to see the info graphics stuff, cloak, and the player jumping through a window.

What I did notice is that ARMR is now a 'power' instead of the default?
Seemed like in ARMR mode the suit was draining energy.
On the plus side jumps are only are 15 energy vs 35 so that is quite welcome.

Wallach

Hazaro said:
Heretic.

I would have liked to see more suit usage and less godmode but at least we got to see the info graphics stuff, cloak, and the player jumping through a window.

What I did notice is that ARMR is now a 'power' instead of the default?
Seemed like in ARMR mode the suit was draining energy.
On the plus side jumps are only are 15 energy vs 35 so that is quite welcome.

It was hard to tell, he was taking damage constantly (looked like god mode or something, that mech was busting his balls).

I want to see MAXIMUM STRENGTH crate kicking in action, though.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wallach said:
It was hard to tell, he was taking damage constantly (looked like god mode or something, that mech was busting his balls).

I want to see MAXIMUM STRENGTH crate kicking in action, though.
Suit energy went to 0% multiple times. Then charged back to full in nearly a second.
Don't know if there is health or if we just have generic red jam / filter to monitor our health.
*Seems that the red bar next to the RED RADAR is health. Doesn't seem like a great idea.
I like my numbers personally.

Kevin

Looks really good if it's the 360 version. Really wanting to see the PC version though. I just upgraded my rig and beat both Crysis games so Crysis 2 is a day one title for me. :D

Wallach

Hazaro said:
Suit energy went to 0% multiple times.
Don't know if there is health or if we just have generic red jam / filter to monitor our health.

Well, what I meant was his suit power should have getting drained constantly when in ARMR because of all the beating he was taking. But he never seemed to die, even when he ran up un-cloaked and just threw the explosives onto the mech. I'm guessing there was some debug involved since it was a live presentation.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The suit energy seems much more expendable this time around.
ARMR seems to drain energy while active, and much faster than cloak.

Though this was funny too.
2weauf6.jpg

Baraka in the White House

2-Terms of Kombat
scently said:
Quoting myself from the other thread.

This comment made me chuckle:

Here's my guess for system requirements:
Minimum:
Intel i7 Gulftown @4.5 Ghz overclocked or AMD Phenom II X6
15GB of Hard Drive Space
4GB of RAM
Nvidia Geforce GTX 480 x2 or Radeon HD 5870 x2

Recommended:
Fully Operational Death Star

It looked really good, especially for consoles, but so far the art direction isn't wowing me in the same way the lush jungle did. This is quite ironic because I've always said they need to move away from the same old setting, so I'm not criticising the choice, merely suggesting that it's going be a lot harder for the game to blow me away graphically. I guess it's much easier to make a lot of trees with sunlight shining through them look sexy compared to corridors and skyscrapers.

I'm sure when it's running on my PC this will be a non-issue, so this is just my gut reactions at the moment.

Gameplay wise it still looks really good. That was clearly a mini-boss section, which doesn't highlight the sandbox nature of the game much, but it looks as fluid as ever and the setpiece at the end with the falling building definitely stays true to the scale of the other Crysis games.

Still one of the most antcipated games of the year for me!

Parham

Banned
The game looks nice, but none of the gameplay has any semblance to the original Crysis. Not only have the different abilities been merged together, but the environments look extremely linear. Granted, I'm basing my assessment on a couple of videos, but nothing I have seen or read leads me to believe any of my assumptions about the game's openness are false. It looks like Crysis, but the fundamental gameplay appears to be entirely different.

I hope I am wrong.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Orangepeel said:
It's possible when the game is rendered in half/half mode, with 640x720 for each eye (half of the 1280x720 screen for left eye, the other half for the right eye). Then the 3D capable TV stretches that and displays as successive frames. This way you lose half the 720p resolution and you also need to tell the TV which mode to decode. On PS3 devs can use the full frame sequence mode if their game can render that fast, and the TV can be switched to that mode on its own using some identifying signal through HDMI. For example, SSDHD renders full 1280x720 frames in 60FPS for each eye (totalling at 120FPS) but its the only game on the console that does that right now.

markot

Banned
Hazaro said:
The suit energy seems much more expendable this time around.
ARMR seems to drain energy while active, and much faster than cloak.

Though this was funny too.
2weauf6.jpg

Whats the ad say >_< I cant make it out! Seems like its taking a shot at those games on mobiles like the ceo did awhile back for being so cheap and crap >.>?

Top Bottom