• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
For those that are unaware... That Easter egg isn't the Easter egg as you see in the game... The music that plays is much cheesier and it doesn't take you into a cutscene - the video was edited by the guy who posted the video

Still funny but not anywhere near as funny :p

RoboPlato said:
The PS3 can scale to 1080p as well. I'm guessing he's just saying that the PS3 version only scales to 720p while the 360 scales to 1080p.
The PS3 can scale, only problem is that it sometimes blurs the IQ, therefore you better not disable 720p/1080i. On 360 i've never had this problem. My TV resolution always stays on 1080p, with every game (it's not always native 1080p, i know, but it looks good).

scitek

belvedere said:
That comparison write-up is total fail haha

The comments on sites like that always crack me up.

who cares said:
Lol also the way you say Xbox 360 screams out Fanboy. You don’t just say on the Xbox 360 every time you mention it, You say on “MY” Xbox 360 as if its your MS love child. Just wait for Digital Foundaries analisis of Crysis 2 and see what they say. Fanboys can’t argue with technology

KKRT00

nib95 said:
Is that to do with the LOD or AF? You could always change the LOD in CFG anyway. Took but 10 seconds.
Like probably most things that annoy ppl in Crysis 2 ...

BTW it actually didnt bothered me as much as pop up of whole rocks 20 metres from You, that was just bad.

Any info when the game will be active in EADM? Probably at friday?

The only chance of me buying this game tonight is if it has stellar reviews on pc. I won't buy into the bipolar hype of this thread.

I want this game

Mr_Brit

Banned
thehillissilent said:
Has anyone posted this?

PS3 version looks better than Xbox 360 in screenshots, btw. However, this doesn't take framerate into consideration

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2hea...d2head-crysis-2-retail-screenshot-comparison/
I wouldn't use LOT for any comparison as they're known for their Kotaku levels of bad reporting/analysis, they're OK for preliminary analysis as they get it up quickly but I'd wait for the eventual digital foundry one as they're a lot more thoorugh.

Mrbob

So what is the difference between High, Very High, and Extreme for PC settings? The pics look almost exactly the same. Is it in the lighting and shadows?

belvedere

Junior Butler
thehillissilent said:
Has anyone posted this?

PS3 version looks better than Xbox 360 in screenshots, btw. However, this doesn't take framerate into consideration

http://www.lensoftruth.com/head2hea...d2head-crysis-2-retail-screenshot-comparison/

The patch texture in that 360 pic, good gawd. Could that be an LOD issue despite being that close?

xbox-360-rollover_02.jpg

Mrbob said:
So what is the difference between High, Very High, and Extreme for PC settings? The pics look almost exactly the same. Is it in the lighting and shadows?

Still waiting on a solid answer for this as well...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
belvedere said:
The patch texture in that 360 pic, good gawd. Could that be an LOD issue despite being that close?

http://www.lensoftruth.com/wp-content/gallery/h2h_crysis_2_retail/xbox-360-rollover_02.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I'm thinking that it's an issue with texture loading. The textures loaded slowly in the 360 demo and since the PS3 version had a mandatory install, it may be less prone to that issue. If I'm right then installing it on 360 should help.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
is there a way to get the full res pics from the Lensoftruth article? Seems pretty ridiculous to compare using 600x338 pics.

belvedere

Junior Butler
RoboPlato said:
I'm thinking that it's an issue with texture loading. The textures loaded slowly in the 360 demo and since the PS3 version had a mandatory install, it may be less prone to that issue. If I'm right then installing it on 360 should help.

That's the only thing I can figure.

Both look great, which is good news.

JoeBoy101

Mrbob said:

I think it has to do with one level of texture detail, shadowing (i.e. how detailed), and volumetric lighting with that gadawful temp AA used.

Looks pretty close in most every pic bar the texture loading and some better lighting on some of the ps3 shots. Pretty close and better than i thought, game looks great on either console by the looks of it.

Mrbob said:
No idea. They look almost identical. Maybe it's more noticeable in motion or in outside areas of the game

cgcg

Wow that's pretty big difference in texture details in that screenshot. It seems in general the x306 version is missing quite bit of lighting/details. There are a lot of lit areas in the PS3 version that's not in the x360 version.

nib95

Banned
cgcg said:
Wow that's pretty big difference in texture details in that screenshot. It seems in general the x306 version is missing quite bit of lighting/details. There are a lot of lit areas in the PS3 version that's not in the x360 version.

Is this demo or SP? If it's SP, it seems the same differences from the demo were carried on through to the SP. Differences I noted from the MP demo's were.

360 pro's

Higher resolution
Slightly better frame rate (still not solid)
Less washed out

PS3 pro's

More Anisotropic filtering
Better lighting
Better shadows
Better water
Less black crush

Will be interesting to see if the same differences translate to the SP. Resolution is still different, as is AF, and according to your post, lighting too. Might be a similar comparison to MP here.

Man

Patrick Bateman said:
I'm so excited to see what happens on Gaf after the first reviews come in and then what happens when they release the game.
Between matchmaking hell and so-so tech I thought the game was very fun with good mechanics.
Definitely looking forward to the SP in this.

Reply from a dev to a question asked on the Crymod.com forums. I've bolded/edited to make it a little easier to read:

http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?postid=782962#post782962

Counterquestion: What features has the PC-Version, which could not be realized on a console, so that it's not only a console port ? (Except the higher graphical quality)

"Ok, this is coming back to my long winded post:

Developer console - Most console ports won't give you this level of access to the engine because they're not accessible in the console version anyway. Crysis 2 has a developer console.

Dedicated servers - Most console ports use peer-to-peer networks to perform online play. Crysis 2 features dedicated servers.

PC-specific graphic features
- Features such as DX11 aren't generally featured in console ports because the consoles don't support them. Crysis 2 will feature DX11.

Some misconceptions:

Aim-assist - Gamepad support is something that is not new to the Crysis franchise. Consoles have absolutely nothing to do with Crysis 2 supporting gamepads on PC. Aim-assist is a natural addition to gamepad support. In efforts to please PC gamers, aim-assist is being removed for MP.

Controls - The Nanosuit2 was redesigned based on the ways people were using the NS1. People were combining tactics under two main methods; armour and stealth. Most people played like a bullet-proof hero or a stealthy assassin and within these two main methods emerged a variety of different tactics, especially combining suit powers. I've mentioned this dozens of times but some people don't seem to be able to look past the fact that there's no longer 4 main suit modes and see that they're now incorporated into the suit and can be activated in conjunction with other suit functions. Can you speed-mode sprint whilst being in cloak and do a strength jump all in one fluid motion with the NS1? No. I just don't understand how people can interpret a 4-way segregated suit as opposed to an all-in-one and just as powerful suit as more advanced."

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
From the thread at beyond3D it's clear that the 360 version is slightly sharper and the textures on the PS3 version are a hair softer but really. They are virtually identical.

Certainly the closest I've seen a multiplatform game running. Which is good but why the bullshit stuff from Crytek devs stating that the PS3 was performing better then the 360 version. That's clearly not the case given that the 360 version runs smoother and has a higher framerate.

Anyway. It looks fantastic.

Maybe something's wrong with my eyes, but the 360 version definitely looks better to me >__>

I don't usually compare based on still shots, seeing both in motion is the way to determine. 360 has higher res, seems to have sharper textures, better framerate, slightly better lighting.

Yeah, they did. I guess it's nice to hear another confirmation. Crytek has been bad about interacting with the community so it's nice to hear something.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
From a thread from Beyond3D.

360 Version

Crysis2360-3.jpg

PS3 Version

PS3Crysis3.jpg

They look virtually identical but the 360 version does look a tad crisper and the textures are quite as soft as the PS3 version.

Peterthumpa

Heavy said:
Yeah, they did. I guess it's nice to hear another confirmation. Crytek has been bad about interacting with the community so it's nice to hear something.
I'm really starting to think that the launch of the GTX 590 has something to do about it.
There's just no other explanation... if the SDK is already done (and it obviously is) it should support DX11 already.

I really think that there's something related to how the 6990 could destroy the GTX 580 without a proper nVidia card for comparisons.

BeeDog

The PS3 picture looks a little bit more washed out and like it's smeared with a thin layer of vaseline. Thank god for the PC version.

TUROK

cgcg said:
Texture resolutions are identical, but it appears the 360 version takes longer to load them in.

Top Bottom